The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 17, 2019, 11:37:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chandelier  (Read 484 times)
Deimos
Gunner
United States United States

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« on: January 14, 2019, 08:29:23 pm »

I want one for my parlour...should go well with Nemo keyboard...(Jules Verne, Mysterious Island...)
Then again, at $3.5K, maybe I'll make one (in the the not so near future :-p.... )

People will almost always forgive you when you are wrong.
They will never forgive you for being right.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:45:20 pm »

I think you meant to put this in tactile.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Deimos
Gunner

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:07:32 pm »

At the moment, and even in the foreseeable future, it's only picture so I don't think it belongs in Tactile.
Someday, in the distant future, I may attempt to build one  Grin.
But unless/until that happy event occurs, it is placed here for others' visual (i.e. ocular) enjoyment.
(Unless the mods decide otherwise... Tongue)  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:30:40 am by Deimos » Logged
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:22:42 am »

Ooooooh
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 11:41:00 pm »

At the moment, and even in the foreseeable future, it's only picture so I don't think it belongs in Tactile.
But unless/until that happy event occurs, it is placed here for others' visual (i.e. ocular) enjoyment.

Problem is that when you read "Chandelier" in Aural Ocular, your first thought goes to that music video by Sia on You Tube.... we mostly post music, videos and games and such here.

Won't force you to change the location, but you'd get more meaningful hits in Tactile.

Deimos
Gunner

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 11:47:09 pm »

Problem is that when you read "Chandelier" in Aural Ocular, your first thought goes to that music video by Sia on You Tube.... we mostly post music, videos and games and such here.

Won't force you to change the location, but you'd get more meaningful hits in Tactile.

Move it if you like....it's OK by me.
And you can't "force" me to change the location because I have no idea how to do that.  Wink
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 11:48:12 pm »

And you can't "force" me to change the location because I have no idea how to do that.  Wink

Okeydokey...
Deimos
Gunner

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 02:10:32 am »

Okeydokey...

OK, for future ref, let me see if I understand this: The Tactile Forum is for anything that is manufactured/constructed/fabricated by anyone/entity, not necessarily by the person posting said object ...is that right?  Embarrassed
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 04:38:33 am »

Pretty much, yes. This one would come under the category of "inspiration."

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Deimos
Gunner

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 05:04:09 am »

Pretty much, yes. This one would come under the category of "inspiration."

Roger Dodger
Anselmofanzero
Gunner
Germany Germany

Custom Builds on Request

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 11:02:20 am »

Neat!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 04:10:53 pm »

I don't have a chandelier - my ceilings are way to low for that, but I do have a neat hanging light in my bedroom, all green glass and fake bronze! It is very effective for what it is, which is very Vicwardian. Grin
Deimos
Gunner

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 03:55:13 am »

I don't have a chandelier - my ceilings are way to low for that, but I do have a neat hanging light in my bedroom, all green glass and fake bronze! It is very effective for what it is, which is very Vicwardian. Grin

That sounds like a very intriguing lamp.
My ceilings are also too low (~2.5m) for that Chandelier (which is described as about a half meter in length).
If/when I ever attempt to ...ummmm..... "replicate" it, I will probably make it smaller and also slightly modify the arms and candle holders.   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 05:18:02 am by Deimos » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: