The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 26, 2019, 03:39:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Punkpunk; a fantasy genre based on late 20th century iconography.  (Read 658 times)
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« on: December 27, 2018, 08:46:16 pm »

Here is the idea; a sci-fi genre inspired by late 20th century culture, fashion, technology, and science fiction. It would be a compressed, mixed up history of those decades, as might be imagined by someone a century from now who has an incomplete knowledge of the era.

There would be team-ups of David Bowie and Steve Wozniak, who travel in Wozniak's amazing harrier jet. Assassins in Disco clothing would work for the M-13 gang. The Gunslinger from Westworld, under command from the Colossus supercomputer, would go on a killing spree across Los Angeles, and the Terminator, under the command of HAL 9000, would arrive to save Sharon Tate.

It would be a nonsensical blending of everything iconic from a half-century period. A great setting for adventure.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 12:43:18 am »

Where does that cartoon vermin fit in to "The Great Game"?.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 02:55:11 pm »

Presumably Collosus would be housed in the body of a metal man with a Russian accent  Wink Cheesy Presumably created by the radiation leak from Chernobyl "He was an heroic firefighter on a suicide mission to shut down the reactor. Little did he know that against all the odds he would survive to be rebuilt. Better than he was. Better. Stronger. Faster."

Which would tie in with the killing spree that would somehow tie in with the end of the Cold War...

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:05:36 pm »

We need a girl from the future, Alice. We need at least one good-looking Communist.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 04:24:30 am »

Mac, a spy who is a crazy chemist that uses his scientific knowledge and rudimentary items to survive.

MJ, a sportsman known for his high-tech clothing that help him leap and fly when the need arises. He also works well with animals against the alien invasion.

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 08:42:07 am »

MJ, a sportsman known for his high-tech clothing that help him leap and fly when the need arises. He also works well with animals against the alien invasion.
And that he walked on the moon with his monkey butler/sidekick.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 11:43:29 am »

And that he walked on the moon with his monkey butler/sidekick.
I was thinking of Magic Johnson, but yes, that MJ would merge well! Maybe under certain circumstances he changes into a panther himself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: