The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 23, 2019, 12:49:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roadside Theft Revenge Device  (Read 192 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« on: December 19, 2018, 12:59:04 am »

A little jewel of a post I found in YouTube. It's time to punish the naughty brats who steal your Amazon packages 'tis season.

Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap

Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 03:57:58 am »

Welllll

My solution is insanely obvious.

ban the “package drop Off” crap entirely.
More and more People have developed a particular “ moral flexibility “  and are simply opportunistic thieves waiting to happen.

Delivery services used to be required to hand it to a human and get a signature. even when I ordered thousands of dollars of computer crap and specified “signature required” they still “dropped off” and when I called to complain and mentioned “breech of contract” all I got was the corporate line blah blah blah

So, Since that will never happen , years and years ago we got either a P.O. box or private mailbox service.
Works good.

That way I don,t have to go down the revenge path....
“ don,t make me paint my face black and call upon the children of the night!  Cuz you know I will.....”
And then the resulting karmic burden, and the increasing cycles of samsara....

Merry holidays of your choices
Love and peace and joy upon all sentient beings
Prof mumbles

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 06:30:38 am »

Yes, I think I know the video, my youngest showed it to me tonight... We had a missing package situation this past week. My mom bought new pillows to go with the comforters she bought the boys. The tracking said they were delivered Wednesday night at 8. Well, we were home then, and no package. Also, the driver had signed for it. I think either the driver got new pillows or was too lazy to actually deliver them. The good news is, that one call to customer service and they sent the pillows! (Actually they sent extra...)

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:35:23 pm »

I sell stuff through Amazon, and ship all the packages myself, so I have to deal with every buyer that claims that the package never arrived. About half the complaints come within hours of the recorded tracked postal delivery time, and come from people fishing for a free refund. Of what remains, there is the occasional actual stolen package, and mail thieves are like the devil to me.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 07:41:01 pm »

Beautiful. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 08:15:14 pm »

That was lovely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: