The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 16, 2019, 05:18:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Knitthulhu  (Read 887 times)
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« on: December 16, 2018, 05:28:25 pm »

Apologies for my first post in years being something not quite steampunk, but allow me to introduce me newly-aquired early Christmas present, the knitted Great Old One Cthulhu!

Crafted expertly by my mother, Knitthulhu is accompanied on the altar by a sacrificial dagger in hand-made scabbard marked by the Elder Sign, with several odd dangly beaded bits; a belt pouch emblazoned with a crude likeness of Azathoth, and a leather tentacled mask.

'Invoked or not, the gods will be present.'

-The Oracle of Delphi
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:36:24 pm »

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 12:46:44 am »

Ah, the jungle Great Old One Cthulhu! Just the right colour for lurking in the shadows of his South American cenote!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 03:50:07 am »

Apologies for my first post in years being something not quite steampunk, but allow me to introduce me newly-aquired early Christmas present, the knitted Great Old One Cthulhu!

Crafted expertly by my mother, Knitthulhu is accompanied on the altar by a sacrificial dagger in hand-made scabbard marked by the Elder Sign, with several odd dangly beaded bits; a belt pouch emblazoned with a crude likeness of Azathoth, and a leather tentacled mask.

No worries, Cthulhu themed paraphernalia is deemed to be Steampunk by way of Science Fiction and tentacled creature credentials

Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:32:52 am »

Things of Wonder and Power come from Down Below... I mean to the South. Looks wonderful.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:31:48 am »

Love Knitthulhu . . . . .

There's this song that virtually everyone must be familiar with  . . . .'The Lion Sleeps Tonight."

It goes

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the Lion sleeps tonight,"

etc. I play mandolin and guitar in several jamming groups, both in Canada and Mexico, wherein this song is commonly sung - virtually every time in fact - and several times I've tried to introduce a variation . . . .

"In the ocean, the mighty ocean, Cthulhu sleeps tonight."

- but no-one understood what I was talking about. Such woeful ignorance . . . .

Although I suppose the chorus, substituting "Cthulhu Fhtagn, Cthulhu Fhtagn" in place of "Wimoweh" might be hard for mere humans to pronounce. Oh well . . . .

Athanor.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:33:38 am by Athanor » Logged

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 05:05:56 pm »

Oh, my!

i'm so thrilled my little Knithulhu has gotten so much positive response!

ia Cthulhu!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: