The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 22, 2019, 09:58:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Zealand New Plymouth Earthquake  (Read 550 times)
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« on: October 30, 2018, 01:32:06 pm »

Hope any of our 'gogglers in the New Plymouth area weren't too shaken up by the 6.1 earthquake earlier today NT time, and that everyone is safe and sound.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 04:23:41 pm »

New Plymouth here, is a wee way from Taumarunui. It was a strange one.  Very low level. I wasn't sure at first if it was a quake or road works.  . I checked the blinds to see if they were rattling. Sure enough, they were a quiver. The pot plants were shaking. It went on for a minute or so. It was a low rolling quake, typical of that area. My mum grew up near there.  It's in a region referred to as "the King Country"

In a quirk of geology,  the movement near the epi centre in Taumarunui  wasn't strong. Areas further away felt it as heavier shaking.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/108228104/new-zealand-earthquake-why-taumarunui-dodged-the-earthquake-only-25km-away

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12151518

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 02:54:36 pm »

I sort of know someone who lives in New Plymouth, but he is not answering email atm. Will give him a good, swift kick in the rear end if he is just being slack!
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:51:46 pm »

I sort of know someone who lives in New Plymouth, but he is not answering email atm. Will give him a good, swift kick in the rear end if he is just being slack!

He is being tardy with no excuse what so ever.  It is most reprehensible of him. We barely felt a ripple here.   Give him a stern telling off for  causing you concern
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 12:02:42 am »

Might just do that! On the other hand, there may be some other reason of which I am ignorant, in which case the benefit of the doubt clause is applied!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: