The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 22, 2019, 09:57:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: running like a well oiled machine (productivity mad science)  (Read 461 times)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« on: October 26, 2018, 11:52:49 pm »

Rather than Necro this http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24669.0.html

So I've been struggling with burnout for a bit, and I let things pile up on me enough where I don't know where to start shoveling this mountain of coal. But somehow with a few days down time from work, I fell down a rabbit hole that lead me to start getting excited to try engineering my ideal productivity routine. I've researched and studied many actual scientific studies and learned from the results of others. I squeezed and reshaped, to optimize for efficiency, minimize redundancies, and allow that sometimes goofing around is the most efficient and productive approach... and so it is that I hope to begin tomorrow, My time, being my own guinea pig in this mad science project.

anybody else doing something like this, or thinking about it? What's in your routine?

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:13:23 am »

Rather than Necro this http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24669.0.html

So I've been struggling with burnout for a bit, and I let things pile up on me enough where I don't know where to start shoveling this mountain of coal. But somehow with a few days down time from work, I fell down a rabbit hole that lead me to start getting excited to try engineering my ideal productivity routine. I've researched and studied many actual scientific studies and learned from the results of others. I squeezed and reshaped, to optimize for efficiency, minimize redundancies, and allow that sometimes goofing around is the most efficient and productive approach... and so it is that I hope to begin tomorrow, My time, being my own guinea pig in this mad science project.

anybody else doing something like this, or thinking about it? What's in your routine?

I wish I could say that I was that organised. To be honest I'm making it up as I go along. I have big plans for next year. If I'm engineering anything it'll be a very drastic change in my life. I want to throw a rock as far as I can and then follow it. Actually, that's not true - my aim is somewhat calculated, and I'm researching how to implement the change, but I guess I got tired of waiting for "something good to happen," and then I learned how forces out of my control were threatening any long term plans I could make for my life, so let's justsay it's best to act now, before I fall prey to those forces.

rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:54:06 pm »

It's still early in the day, so some of my uncertainty may be down to morning of the first day humbug. It's not bad, it's just that I think the jury is still out on whether the start of this routine is any better then eating left over pizza and reading comic books for an hour instead of more 'responsible choices. lol. Not that I can do the former either but as an example... anyway, I'm burning my recreational internet time.

See you tomorrow, and is anybody interested in more detail on what I'm doing or have ideas or details they use or are trying?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: