The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 19, 2019, 11:35:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Residential Refit. Antipodean Revival Style  (Read 1218 times)
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« on: September 23, 2018, 02:50:24 am »

Here is an update on  my humble home. It's a continual  work in progress.  The spare rooms   weren't working for me; so it was time for a revamp. I've had energy to burn. It was full steam ahead yesterday  on the reincarnation  for both rooms.  There is still a way to go  to smooth the rough edges,  both rooms though do feel more inviting and habitable. Most of the  furniture and accessories  are from  the many "Emporium du Charity and Chain" accross the land

I will splatter the following posts  with my endeavors. Let the critiques and suggestions from fellow gogglers flow.

Feel free to add your own  interior decorating efforts  to the thread.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 03:12:44 am »

The spare Spare Room.  It's a small room. There isn't a bed in there currently.  No matter what I did, how I arranged it, it looked like a  old travel station  waiting  room or cloak room.  The house was transferred from and old  are base, so who  knows now what  the room was used for  in the  40s.

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 03:28:40 am »

This is the Spare Room. It's more spacious. There is a single bed , though it is a double room.  I have had  guests stay in there.  Though mostly  it's the the cats that make use of  it as a sunroom and day bed.   For some reason it retains a strong male  vibe and comnercial feel..

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 03:37:11 am »

The Kitchen / Dining Area in use. I took a few snaps while making pancakes. It has more of a diesel / atomic look.

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 12:06:27 pm »

You have a lovely home, Hurricane!
Much more minimalist than mine, I might add, but at least my big, spare back room is now a multifunction usable space!
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 10:28:38 pm »

You have a lovely home, Hurricane!
Much more minimalist than mine, I might add, but at least my big, spare back room is now a multifunction usable space!

Thank you Banfili.  I have  downsized the junk over recent years.  There is less people and a bigger bungalow. I've been looking at " Queenslander" homes  for inspiration.

Here's my  court yard  patio

Its a jungle out there

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 01:19:07 am »

I am truly fortunate not to have a traditional urban back yard! I can sit on my beautiful back deck and look out over paddocks across to the snaking tree line of a river barely 800 metres away, to the foothills on the other side of the river! I have a neighbour on one side, a once-a-week bowling club on the other, and a 30-40 metre easement to the road out the front. The road out the front is technically a highway, but the traffic is more like a country road. I am working on the downsizing of contents, but that is a slow process for me!
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 02:10:12 am »

I'm quite envious of your bucolic  view for miles.  It would be good to not be hemmed in.   It would be amazing to  sit back and watch storms roll in.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 02:36:49 pm »

Adding pleasure is the fact that running along the side of the bowling club is a creek that runs through to the river - sort of half a moat!
There is a new pedestrian path and bridge over the creek that makes my walk to the supermarket/post office/co-op much more pleasurable!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 06:14:29 pm »

A very fine 'revival' look, and I'd wager your vintage furniture will stand the test of time far better than its modern chipboard, veneer and plastic counterparts.

Yours,
Miranda.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 09:12:42 pm »

A very fine 'revival' look, and I'd wager your vintage furniture will stand the test of time far better than its modern chipboard, veneer and plastic counterparts.

Yours,
Miranda.

Thank you Miranda  dear.  Co incidentally most of it is a similar era to the house.  A few pieces  slipped right in like they had a lways been there.

And I'd  bet my bottom dollar it would cost far less to replace with more op shop  bounty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: