The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 19, 2019, 04:58:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing dress owned by Queen Alexandra found in attic.  (Read 389 times)
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« on: September 08, 2018, 04:08:59 pm »

Missing dress owned by Queen Alexandra found in attic.

A missing black dress worn by Queen Alexandra has been discovered in an attic and given to a museum in Bath.

The silk and velvet gown belonging to the Danish-born wife of King Edward VII, had been hidden away in a private collection for more than 60 years,

Its existence was discovered after owner Francesca Counsell Risius got in touch with the city's Fashion Museum.

It is understood it was bought as a royal curiosity for her great aunt's shop in Tunbridge Wells in the 1950s.

Embellished with beads and sequins, the evening dress was designed for the fashion-conscious queen by London dressmaker Barolet.

Dating from the early 1900s, it also boasts her signature black and gold name tag sewn into the waist tape.
(c) BBC '18.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Phineas Lamar Alexander
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 06:50:36 pm »

Links to th ;)e museum or Pics of teh dress would be a welcome addition to this thread!  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: