The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2019, 11:45:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing-Focused Device on the Horizon: Freewrite Traveler  (Read 631 times)
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« on: August 01, 2018, 09:58:07 pm »

https://traveler.getfreewrite.com/

As someone that disliked the initial freewrite, I actually am looking forward to this thing. Scissor-switch keys (they compare it to the ThinkPad keyboard) and a toggle to convert a cluster of keys to dedicated arrow keys in a form factor that is unobtrusive and provides weeks of battery?

OK fine it won't have the same battery life of an AlphaSmart, but uploading to google drive, dropbox, and evernote seems to be baked in. Plus Adam Leeb (co-founder) seems to be fairly friendly and upfront about conversing and taking on feedback. Case in point after their less than well received AlphaSmart bounty program Adam discussed things with the AlphaSmart flckr group (I sent an email inviting him to do so.)

https://www.flickr.com/groups/alphasmart/discuss/72157667200290169/

So long as it isn't like... $500 for this thing? I will want it. Granted my personal finances are a bit thin, but at the same time? I want differing groups that would be the target audience to know this exists. THey answer emails sent their way and take reasonable feedback. Given Renn Learning is effectively a non-entity in the writing niche? I feel Astrohaus is what I feel is our best bet other than various DiY projects. Ergo try signal boosting.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: