The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 16, 2019, 01:17:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enfettering Musket Mark II  (Read 1452 times)
Ephriam Lunchwaiste
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: March 16, 2018, 11:19:45 pm »

a.k.a. The Lunchwaiste Lariat Cannon (colloquially known as "The Whippersnapper"). After witnessing the popularity of the Mark I Enfettering Musket with law enforcement officers, military recruiters and beleaguered nannies, the engineers at Lunchwaiste and Sons got straight to work on an enhanced model with a larger air pressure chamber, a more ergonomically situated retrieval crank and a comfortably padded leather grip. This new enhanced model has been proven to command enough stopping power to halt a charging prairie squid at 30 paces*.

*we suggest you avoid using the Lariat Cannon on Prairie Squid, Shoggoths or Jack-Razors, unless suitably prepared to deal with the consequences.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 12:47:19 am »

a.k.a. The Lunchwaiste Lariat Cannon (colloquially known as "The Whippersnapper"). After witnessing the popularity of the Mark I Enfettering Musket with law enforcement officers, military recruiters and beleaguered nannies, the engineers at Lunchwaiste and Sons got straight to work on an enhanced model with a larger air pressure chamber, a more ergonomically situated retrieval crank and a comfortably padded leather grip. This new enhanced model has been proven to command enough stopping power to halt a charging prairie squid at 30 paces*.

*we suggest you avoid using the Lariat Cannon on Prairie Squid, Shoggoths or Jack-Razors, unless suitably prepared to deal with the consequences.

That looks like a marvelous device, Mr. Lunchwaiste. Certainly would be very useful along the banks of the Colorado River near Waterloo, Texas, where we have suffered from an infestation of Prarie Squid since the 1840s!

I remain AYS
Adm. J Wilhelm

PS. If you pardon me for asking, would the device be useful against Tree Octopi?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:09:56 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Ephriam Lunchwaiste
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 05:29:00 am »

PS. If you pardon me for asking, would the device be useful against Tree Octopi?

I think you'll find it useful against most arboreal cepholapods, aside from the larger specimens of Hawthorn Cuttlefish, obviously.
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 03:43:26 am »

This is what I like to see; a costume prop that is something other than a standard "ray gun". Some creativity went into this gun.
Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:11:14 am »

For me, it's the humour. Workmanship is 50% and humour is the other half. Well done!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 11:21:25 am »

Put a hook attachment on the business end of the lariat, and other pestiferous creatures of the sea could also be captured and subdued - such as the transient Palatine Groper of much infamy.
Anselmofanzero
Gunner
Germany Germany

Custom Builds on Request

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 06:17:20 pm »

OK this is the second pic on this forum acting weird on my screen :< it looks either 50% vertically censored or
not fully loaded! Anybody else?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: