The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 28, 2022, 11:40:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dream Vault: A repository for your most interesting and vivid dreams.  (Read 5032 times)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2021, 07:32:04 am »

I regularly dream of searching through a department store, or through the streets of the city that contains the department store. Last night I dreamt that the former Sears building had been transformed into a performance-art installation making a statement about social class hierarchy and mid-1970s interior design.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2021, 08:11:01 am »

I regularly dream of searching through a department store, or through the streets of the city that contains the department store. Last night I dreamt that the former Sears building had been transformed into a performance-art installation making a statement about social class hierarchy and mid-1970s interior design.

Was there any avocado-green furniture involved in the dream?

J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2021, 08:23:16 am »

I had another one of those vivid dreams. This time it was about a repurposed space inside a discount department store.

Apparently, the heads of a certain "red and white circle logo" shop had decided that installing a hyper-realistic immersive and interactive movie theater was the way to attract more customers. Finally the day came for the opening of the 3D theater, and there were very long lines outside of the in-shop theater doors.

The theater had three levels behind an IMAX styled screen, but it had old fashioned opera house styled staircases divining the upper, middle and lower seats.

The movie has started already and people were trying to reach their seats. As soon as they opened the doors a loud thunder, much louder than anything I had heard shook the theater. The ground rumbled and sprays of water soaked the people waiting to enter.

Then the two staircases momentarily became white water cascades. The line of people, however, continued walking toward their seats, trudging along in the raging white waters! Cold air engulfed the whole theater and the floor began to sway making it very difficult to advance toward the upper balcony seats.

I woke up at that point. Obviously it was a nautical-themed movie.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 08:28:43 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2021, 09:48:06 am »

I had another one of those vivid dreams. This time it was about a repurposed space inside a discount department store.

Apparently, the heads of a certain "red and white circle logo" shop had decided that installing a hyper-realistic immersive and interactive movie theater was the way to attract more customers. Finally the day came for the opening of the 3D theater, and there were very long lines outside of the in-shop theater doors.

The theater had three levels behind an IMAX styled screen, but it had old fashioned opera house styled staircases divining the upper, middle and lower seats.

The movie has started already and people were trying to reach their seats. As soon as they opened the doors a loud thunder, much louder than anything I had heard shook the theater. The ground rumbled and sprays of water soaked the people waiting to enter.

Then the two staircases momentarily became white water cascades. The line of people, however, continued walking toward their seats, trudging along in the raging white waters! Cold air engulfed the whole theater and the floor began to sway making it very difficult to advance toward the upper balcony seats.

I woke up at that point. Obviously it was a nautical-themed movie.  Grin

Your post makes me wonder about movie theater dreams. I've had a series of them since child hood. We never make it into the viewing area. It's always  blocked or a black pit.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2021, 09:55:24 am »

I had another experience with sleep paralysis early this morning. I felt awake but could not wake or move my body. A dark presence was looming over me as a was lying down. My hand was held up in the air out from my body and wizened in a hook like position. I couldn't move it. My lungs felt like they had respiratory restriction. I was desperate to move my body and stand up.

My hand did sustain minor injuries an incident with a heavy door last night.
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2021, 06:00:08 pm »

Was there any avocado-green furniture involved in the dream?
Burgundy leather, actually.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

sigletona
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2021, 09:03:35 pm »

My grandmother's house burnt down when I was four. My older brother literally drug me out of there when the fire started.

I still have nightmares where I wake back up with my entire life having been me being nearly unconscious from smoke inhalation and I'm trapped.

Cheapie Theatre - Web Proxy for my Gemini Site
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2021, 03:19:40 pm »

My grandmother's house burnt down when I was four. My older brother literally drug me out of there when the fire started.

I still have nightmares where I wake back up with my entire life having been me being nearly unconscious from smoke inhalation and I'm trapped.
I'll file that under Life based Terrors, like my atomic bomb dream.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: