The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 16, 2019, 07:37:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk 'casual cosplay' video for beginners  (Read 982 times)
Cyrilsplutterworth
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: February 10, 2018, 05:23:46 am »

I have just recorded a video for those interested in getting involved in steampunk for the first time.
It is aimed at those who might be reluctant to invest a lot of time/cash, and just want to give it a try.
It's a ten-minute Youtube how-to, which addresses how one might utilise things in one's current wardrobe to make a passable costume.
I have explained how I made a top hat out of cardboard, as well as a rudimentary monocle using just a keyring and clear plastic.

Of course, anyone from this site watching the video will roll their eyes at the obvious cliches.
Please keep in mind it's aimed atthose not (yet) part of the scene.

Hope you like it anyway, here 'tis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIi1dzQU4mA
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:43:01 am »

I have just recorded a video for those interested in getting involved in steampunk for the first time.
It is aimed at those who might be reluctant to invest a lot of time/cash, and just want to give it a try.
It's a ten-minute Youtube how-to, which addresses how one might utilise things in one's current wardrobe to make a passable costume.
I have explained how I made a top hat out of cardboard, as well as a rudimentary monocle using just a keyring and clear plastic.

Of course, anyone from this site watching the video will roll their eyes at the obvious cliches.
Please keep in mind it's aimed atthose not (yet) part of the scene.

Hope you like it anyway, here 'tis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIi1dzQU4mA

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Splutterworth. May I recommend posting in the "Anatomical" section? While technically correct in the Tactile section, youll find all costuming and sartorially oriented topics receive a better audience at the Anatomical section. In fact, I may move a couple of recent threads from this section to Anatomical tonight..

I remain at your service,

Adm. J. Wilhelm
USAS Orca.

Cyrilsplutterworth
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:46:52 am »

Ah yes, please do move it to wherever suits it best. Shall keep it in mind for future posts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: