The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 23, 2019, 06:48:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [100% Funded] Silver Shell: Fighting Tops  (Read 1454 times)
Beylon
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« on: January 23, 2018, 02:52:32 am »

This was discussed briefly (!) in the more general thread about mechanical games but I'm doing my best to keep that thread legitimately general and less like some kind of inflated advertisement - because the topic really rocks! The inflated advertisement is this thread, and it begins now:

Silver Shell is a detailed set of modular stainless steel kits for creating your own custom high-performance fighting tops. Three modular kits are available, all with interchangeable parts, just like Meccano:

When fully assembled, the fighting tops use an analogue Power Unit to launch them into battle:

Silver Shell kits are rich in history, inspired by ancient Eastern mythology and finished in a deep gunmetal tone - alluding to the Meiji Period industrial revolution of the original Japanese beigoma, where fighting tops began.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:44:10 am by Beylon » Logged
Beylon
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:51:53 am »

50% funded in 48 hours

Lots of news! I relaunched Silver Shell after a disastrous false-start and now the project is back with a vengeance! We're 50% funded, with the top tier pledge being the most popular - the full set does look lovely.

And I just recently received an updated Power Unit. It works the same but is slightly wider, with a bigger feeder (for the string) and finger-grips:

Beylon
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:46:46 am »

80% FUNDED

Happy Valentines Day everyone!
(2 WEEKS LEFT!)

Beylon
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:01:55 am »

90% FUNDED

10 DAYS LEFT!

Got some reviews up! People are starting to learn that these things are serious fighting machines! Big thanks to everyone who helped put this outreach campaign together - you guys are the best!

ilinnuc:

JoJo [Jp0t]:

And I'm on YouTube:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:45:13 am by Beylon » Logged
Beylon
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 03:44:50 am »

Beylon
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 10:42:56 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, just one hour left to collect your monies and place your pledges. The results are looking promising and a return on your investment is assured.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: