The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 25, 2019, 06:13:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a FREE book to give away - The Ripper's Grip.  (Read 938 times)
Paul Huxley
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 19, 2018, 02:33:45 pm »

Hey everyone - I'm not normally one for self promotion (waaaay too introverted for that) but I managed to overcome my inhibited Englishness to at least post this. I'm kicking off a new imprint called Twin Monocle Publishing which covers all things speculative and weird. One of the things I'm planning is a steampunk adventure series called 'The Positively True Adventures of Albion Roddles, Cave-Gentleman of Renown', whose first adventure is 'The Ripper's Grip'.

I'm giving away the first book for absolutely free for some unknown reason. All you have to do is sign up to the mailing list and you'll receive directions to download the ebook in the format of your choice. And that's it. I'm not asking for reviews and I promise not to spam your inbox, I just want to get the name out there, and this seems like the right community to get started.

The book itself is a humorous yet dark and satirical re-appropriation of steampunk tropes written in a cod-Victorian style. As you might have deduced from the long winded title it features a protagonist who is a little different from your standard Phileas Fogg/Sherlock archetype. I hope you like it.

If you're still on the fence (committing to downloading a free book can take a lot of deliberation) you can find a brief sample on my site here: https://paulfhuxley.wixsite.com/twinmonocle/single-post/2018/01/18/Free-Fiction-Friday-UPDATE

Thanks everyone.
Paul Huxley
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:10:41 pm »

Thanks to the person how actually downloaded the book! Thanks so much!

Wasn't sure I was going to get any response at all. Let me know what you thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: