The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 24, 2019, 08:13:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choose your own adventure style project  (Read 694 times)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« on: May 02, 2017, 01:47:32 pm »

So I'd had a secret plan for over a year now to make some Choose your own adventure style videos on youtube, using annotations that link internally to the same video at different time stamps. In Feb. a youtube celebrity created a choose your own adventure video using a different technique, I was a bit disappointed somebody beat me to it. But I figured I'd soldier on anyway. Then a few weeks ago youtube announced they were getting rid of annotations on new videos, only videos that already had them could remain but nothing new would include them.

That kind of crushed me. None of my finished scripts could be made on such short notice.

But Good news everybody. I created a new concept, layed out the branching structure, scripted and recorded in new audio software using a microphone I've never used before (and a still image my cellphone accidentally took a few months back). I bundled together the first part of a new story in about 16 hours. It's not the best thing in the world but I still managed to do it in time to get in under the deadline.

FeyTown Noir A You Choose Adventure part one

Now I have to try and figure out an alternative method of making these. Because Before this one I already had six scripts for videos (some live action, some puppets, and some animation). So there will be more in the future if, hopefully much improved in quality (with and actual chance to edit and with visuals and sound effects, hopefully, and maybe some friends doing some voice acting).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: