The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 16, 2019, 07:30:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Denis. I need help. (C) Industrial tourism  (Read 667 times)
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« on: February 02, 2017, 07:34:24 pm »

Some strange way I became the speaker of the conference devoted to travel and tourism.

I had an idea. To draw attention to industrial tourism. In our country, as far as I know, it's not very developed.

And tell us what you have in the world? People are willing to pay money to visit the locomotive depot and the old  factory? Arrange such travel? Go to any city and visit some industrial sites? Or their remains?

According to this forum - Yes. But here were people are passionate about. As rasprostraneno?

Tell.

If you give links to some articles, studies on this topic, I would be very grateful.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
selectedgrub
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:28:49 pm »

Urban exploring is big business.
May be an opening to take tourist who go to Pripyat and show them more abandoned places.
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:00:05 am »

Google 'urbex'
It is a popular activity, exploring and photographing abandoned urban and industrial buildings. I haven't been to Russia for 30 years, but I suspect there are quite a few abandoned Soviet factories and similar which could be made into popular tours.

Good luck

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:28:37 am »

Google 'urbex'
It is a popular activity, exploring and photographing abandoned urban and industrial buildings. I haven't been to Russia for 30 years, but I suspect there are quite a few abandoned Soviet factories and similar which could be made into popular tours.

Good luck

Thank you

Question. And whether there will be people who will pay money to go to old factories? And how many such people?

And with the factories in Russia is not so simple. Closed and derelict factory lots. But their equipment was sold for scrap. It's not so interesting.

And many of the old factories are located near the centres of cities. There, land is expensive, they break down or converted into shopping/office centers.

Though of course something is still left.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: