The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 26, 2017, 01:44:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blog is temporarily offline. See this tweet, follow @brasstech for updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Addison, TX] Infinicon 2016  (Read 298 times)
Bines
Gunner
United States United States

« on: August 07, 2016, 11:31:33 pm »

Infinicon 2016 was held at the Crown Plaza in Addison, TX on August 5-7 2016. This was the first Infinicon. This con was all inclusive. Sort of like AllCon.

Steampunk was well represented by SteamPunk Jim and his crew from Mad Raven productions. They held panels on costume and character design, up-cycling for SP, prop lighting, and SP gaming. There were also several rounds of tea dueling. My wife took second place, beating me, again. There were also several vendors of SteamPunk accoutrements. The back half of the vendor room, and some of the hall out front, was like a SteamPunk bazaar.

Attendance to Infinicon was light. There are other cons in the area this month and next. SteamPunk attendance, despite all the SP there, was very light. There were four of us. Four. Two couples.  The other couple had come from a few hours away. Lovely pair, they were. The lady was a seamstress, and a mighty good one, too. I suppose the low turnout did have an advantage. My wife and I attended panels where it was just us two and the presenters. We got private panels with SteamPunk leatherworkers, prop builders, and writers. Pretty cool.

I also bought a new carnivorous plant, and we made out like bandits in the fantasy art auction. It was a good con, even though it was small.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:46:54 am by von Corax » Logged
Bines
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 11:58:18 pm »

If you'd like to see video of some panels, and the back of me tea dueling  my wife, you can go to the Facebook page of Jack Firebaugh Von Wolfe from Steam Chest. I'm the one in the straw hat and shorts. Hey. It's 102F in Texas. Shorts are going to be a SteamPunk thing. I'll see to it.

The Euro gent dueling against Perstephanie is Gerald Home, the actor who played Tessek-Squid Head and the Mon Calamari Officer Captain Verrack in Return of the Jedi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: