The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 30, 2020, 12:12:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queer Geer Mk. II: A club for the LGBQT+ crowd and friends  (Read 40263 times)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2020, 08:40:10 pm »

Dear Mr. Halloway, the reaction of your work colleagues is indeed very heatwarming to hear; it is so nice to have some positive news in these trying times. I have to say the 'changes to the code of conduct regarding queer couples' sounds rather ominous, though!

Yours,
Miranda.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2020, 07:44:28 pm »

Hey, friends. I haven't been on the forum in a while, but thought I'd let you know that I came out publicly at my very conservative religious private school, and I'm amazed at how well it went. Such an outpouring of love, and now I'm in a position to help other queer students navigate an environment that really wants to love all its students, but has some endemic prejudice. I engage in a lot of "queer chaplaincy", and this semester I both wore my first pride outfit and participated in my first political rally to protest recent changes to the code of conduct regarding queer couples.

I'm still navigating what it means to be a devout queer man in a heterosexual marriage. I'm treated unfairly well, especially at school, because I present very straight. But I'm finding ways to use my privilege to advocate for others in a way that's been fulfilling for me.
Glad to hear that you found a safe and welcoming place among school mates. I trust that you mean "school code of conduct"?

These are trying times, for sure, never mind together with a pandemic and global economic meltdown. And religious ideology has expanded way beyond the pulpit. So I'm not surprised that rules are tightening.

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery (they/them)

« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2020, 11:32:47 am »

I got a binder, but I still can very much see my chest... Disappointing Sad

I struggle and arise
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: