The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 01, 2020, 02:44:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 52856 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #925 on: January 07, 2020, 12:37:16 am »

Gaaaaaah
It feels like my adhd is getting worse. Or maybe I'm just getting more aware of it.
Anyway
It's annoying me a great deal and makes me wonder how the fuck I ever got where I am now to begin with. Feeling grossly incompetent.

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #926 on: January 07, 2020, 05:48:17 am »

Gaaaaaah
It feels like my adhd is getting worse. Or maybe I'm just getting more aware of it.
Anyway
It's annoying me a great deal and makes me wonder how the fuck I ever got where I am now to begin with. Feeling grossly incompetent.

Caledonian, you are not incompetent! Just look at all you have achieved, sometimes against the odds, in the past couple of years!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #927 on: January 07, 2020, 06:03:31 am »

Gaaaaaah
Anyway

It's probably the latter. I was hyper conscious about my OCD and Anxiety when I was in treatment. The treatment dealt a final blow to the OCD, but I'm still suffering from anxiety, though not as bad as when I was younger. As time goes by these things tend to vanish with the right treatment.

The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #928 on: January 07, 2020, 11:25:15 am »

Incometent? Just the opposite.

You have made it this far with your handicap, where some "normal" people don´tt even get.
Of course it takes you more time/strength/whatever than the average person but you have done it.

Take some time to recharge. Don´t put yourself under pressure.

My favourite phrase during my difficult times at university was:

I have come too far to give up.

Maybe this works for you.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #929 on: January 10, 2020, 07:00:52 pm »

Thanks all. I'm trying to get therapy but it's unessesarily hard to get it I get frustrated. Blame myself for that trouble
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #930 on: February 05, 2020, 12:46:51 am »

27 Celsius today at noon. In the middle of Winter. - 3 Celsius tomorrow morning at 7...
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #931 on: February 05, 2020, 01:25:29 am »

7 Celsius last night and it is the middle of summer. I am not complaining, Weather Gods, just saying... Much, much better than the 43 Celsius we got a week ago.
Deimos
Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #932 on: February 05, 2020, 08:37:16 am »

7 Celsius last night and it is the middle of summer. I am not complaining, Weather Gods, just saying... Much, much better than the 43 Celsius we got a week ago.

Just a sec'....(43 x 9=387...387/5= 77.4...+32 = 109.4F)
OK, it was 109F....but please forgive me if I'm only a teensy bit sympathetic.
Routine daytime summer temps where I live do not drop below 100F (40C) for at least 3 straight months...night time temps are at least 90F (32C). 45C is not at all uncommon.

June 2017:
PHOENIX — The heat wave that sent Phoenix temperatures soaring to a blistering 119 [48C] degrees was coming to a close early this week, but not without setting one more heat record.
The National Weather Service said the city recorded a high of at least 112 degrees for nine consecutive days, tying a 27-year-old record.

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"Only the paranoid survive."
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #933 on: February 06, 2020, 05:52:07 am »

Routine daytime summer temps where I live do not drop below 100F (40C) for at least 3 straight months...night time temps are at least 90F (32C). 45C is not at all uncommon.

June 2017:
PHOENIX — The heat wave that sent Phoenix temperatures soaring to a blistering 119 [48C] degrees was coming to a close early this week, but not without setting one more heat record.
The National Weather Service said the city recorded a high of at least 112 degrees for nine consecutive days, tying a 27-year-old record.

Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #934 on: February 06, 2020, 05:57:53 am »

June 2017:

Well, we used to live at a place up north (where it is hot) that was originally called Death Valley (due to the balmy climate), but they changed the name to Paraburdoo because they thought no-one would want to go and work there if it was called Death Valley. Decided we NEVER wanted that kind of heat again, so moved down south (where it is cold)... Grew up in the tropics and don't like the heat.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #935 on: February 06, 2020, 07:09:26 am »

Light snow right now  Grin I thought I wouldn't see it this winter

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:00:18 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #936 on: February 06, 2020, 06:24:02 pm »

Had a tiny bit here in San Antonio, but it melted rather quickly.

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #937 on: February 06, 2020, 11:50:45 pm »

It fixes nitrogen that is in the air and then melts it into the soil, so it is very good for the garden! (In moderate doses - I don't imagine 6 foot of snow is great for the roses...)
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #938 on: February 07, 2020, 12:41:54 am »

It fixes nitrogen that is in the air and then melts it into the soil, so it is very good for the garden! (In moderate doses - I don't imagine 6 foot of snow is great for the roses...)

I dunno, they grow really well up here in the mountains!
I didn't know snow fixes nitrogen - one of those interesting little facts to keep squirrelled away in the top back shelf of the mind - never know when a snippet like that will come in handy!!

Little bit - 1ml - of rain, with thunder & lightning yesterday evening. The smoke was so bad you couldn't see the clouds, barely enough rain to dampen the grass, and not enough to wash the smoke out of the air. Real smog this morning, but the fog part lifted early, just leaving the smoke!
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #939 on: March 27, 2020, 05:26:34 pm »

Gaaahhh......NOPE! Not even close.

"INSERT WORLD'S LARGEST & LOUDEST EXPLETIVE"

Yeah, that would be closer.

That is all. As you were.

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #940 on: March 27, 2020, 06:34:36 pm »

Because...?

Life these days or something more specific?

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #941 on: March 28, 2020, 02:49:00 pm »

Yep I'm afraid it's about the Covid.

My mother, 90 and is really frail, she spent all of Christmas in hospital, 4 weeks in all (yay Merry Christmas and a great break I had spending a fortune for parking every day) really is not taking this current situation seriously.

She has had visitors and went to have her hair done last week.

She has carers going in 3 times a day and district nurse once a week, I found out this morning I am banned from her house. Shopping for her is a nightmare, asda carpark this morning was full of people queing 6 foot apart. so I drove in and rapidly drove out.

It's only a week in on the lockdown, 2 maybe more to go, I could suffer really bad financially.

We are all in the same boat here, so I'm NOT moaning, just sometimes.......... GAAAAAGH!

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #942 on: March 28, 2020, 03:41:36 pm »

I'm sorry you are having extra problems, but at least you won't have to worry about the hairdresser visits now.  Perhaps a quiet word with her visitors about shielding and your, very justified, concerns?
Keep safe.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #943 on: March 28, 2020, 10:43:57 pm »

Because...?

Life these days or something more specific?

A bit of both really...

However, some here may be aware that I am a private rental sector landlord, and as such it means I am pretty much F***ED they way things stand at the moment. Not a registered company, not classed as "self employed" so absolutely no help financially for me. A recent "helpful" online opinion piece for some UK news rag seemed quite joyful at the aspect, and even declared how it would be "unfair" to help landlords as they had "assets". Yeah....those ASSETS are only of use as assets when A) they provide an income from the tenants, and B) when it is actually feasible to sell those assets to new owners - neither of which is currently a viable proposition for the foreseeable future!   Roll Eyes
This idea that people have that all landlords are "rolling in money" and can afford to miss a few payments, needs to die. Landlords have many more expenditures than home owners do, and most of them are legally enforceable, so there is no option but to comply. Oh and it's all taxable income too. There really isn't much "profit" in it at the end of the day.

Also a specific issue in regard to tenants that I can't go into here.

On the bright side, at least I'm not too worried about catching the virus - think I've already had it in December / January before the current outbreak was discovered. It was quite bad, and I still have some remaining effects. All the reported symptoms for Covid-19 fit what I had (I really should have been in hospital on oxygen at one point, but toughed it out at home - nobody had heard of the virus at this point).
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #944 on: March 29, 2020, 11:24:48 pm »

I have blood dripping down my face again.  Angry

About two weeks ago I slipped, stumbled forward, and then face planted into a large cast Iron bench vice - HARD, and thus promptly split the centre of my forehead open (deep Y shaped tear down to the bone). It needed stitches, but it was late at night and I didn't fancy trying to get myself to the hospital as I was definitely suffering a mild concussion (had trouble thinking clearly). So I had to improvise. Once I stemmed the heavy flow of blood down my face, I was able to fold the flaps of skin back into place and used household superglue to keep them stable.

As you can guess, it still hasn't fully healed yet, and has bled several times since it happened. Somehow I've caught my forehead on something or pulled it somehow...dunno...but either way the wound has reopened slightly, again.  Undecided

No way in hell I'm going anywhere near the hospital or doctor's surgery at this point in time.

Superglue it is then....
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #945 on: March 30, 2020, 12:04:47 am »

I needed to go to the doc a few days back - they had a suited up guy outside the door who questioned and checked temps before you were allowed to go in. They were wiping down everything inside constantly and spaces were marked out to ensure 'social distancing'. Hand sanitiser was everywhere. If you had any kind of Covid 19 symptoms you waited in your car and a suited up Doctor would come out to the car-park to see you. All the magazines were gone and I have to say I felt quite safe. I had an injury on my foot and needed antibiotics to ensure I didn't develop an infection which would lead to blood poisoning. That would have killed me faster than Covid 19.

Go to the freakin' doctor and get that wound seen to!
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #946 on: March 30, 2020, 02:15:56 am »

I needed to go to the doc a few days back - they had a suited up guy outside the door who questioned and checked temps before you were allowed to go in. They were wiping down everything inside constantly and spaces were marked out to ensure 'social distancing'. Hand sanitiser was everywhere. If you had any kind of Covid 19 symptoms you waited in your car and a suited up Doctor would come out to the car-park to see you. All the magazines were gone and I have to say I felt quite safe. I had an injury on my foot and needed antibiotics to ensure I didn't develop an infection which would lead to blood poisoning. That would have killed me faster than Covid 19.

Go to the freakin' doctor and get that wound seen to!

I was at the orthopaedic surgeon on Thursday - chairs all nicely spaced out, no magazines. My surgeon, for the first time in over 20 years, did not shake hands! That was a bit weird! Anyway, had x-rays on my knees and right foot, followed by injections in my knees. Right knee is pretty much cactus, left one is better, foot is status quo. Nothing further for at least 3 months, then probably MRIs and review, and see what we need to do next.

I am due for a 6 month check-up under the GP Management Plan on Wednesday, but don't think it will be happening. That's a good thing, because I can get into town and home again well before 9.30-10.00 am, when the zombie shoppers come out to play!

Silconous, get your (literally) bloody face fixed!!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:23:41 am by Banfili » Logged
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #947 on: March 30, 2020, 02:20:51 am »

fatigue, and painful dry cough, thermometer is broken (hands are always colder than head anyway). Guess that settles that then. Heres hoping it a cold, or I'm one in the 80%.

Quarantine it is.

Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #948 on: March 30, 2020, 02:24:22 am »

fatigue, and painful dry cough, thermometer is broken (hands are always colder than head anyway). Guess that settles that then. Heres hoping it a cold, or I'm one in the 80%.

Quarantine it is.

Take good care, rovingjack, & keep us posted on your progress, please.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #949 on: March 31, 2020, 06:43:13 pm »

Quarantine it is.

Good evening rovingjack, I hope you are not feeling too bad today and that you are indeed one of the 80%.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: