The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 22, 2019, 09:32:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 40163 times)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #825 on: July 09, 2019, 06:26:52 pm »

I am trapped at the Ft Lauderdale airport because my first flight from Cancun was delayed due to weather, and this one was also delayed for the same reason but now we are waiting on a flight crew! On the bright side, I had a great time with my mom and sister on Isla Mujeres... I just want to get home!
It could be worse - you could be stuck at Ft. Lauderdale airport during March break...

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #826 on: July 10, 2019, 02:01:33 am »

It was bad enough as it was. I'd rather have been stuck in the Atlanta airport, it's a nicer one at the very least... I didn't get home until after six this morning. I was originally supposed to be landing at midnight.

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #827 on: July 10, 2019, 06:35:25 am »

I am trapped at the Ft Lauderdale airport because my first flight from Cancun was delayed due to weather, and this one was also delayed for the same reason but now we are waiting on a flight crew! On the bright side, I had a great time with my mom and sister on Isla Mujeres... I just want to get home!

You won't get any sympathy from me, I'm afraid. Being in your position, I'd get out of the airport, look for the nearest OXXO corner store who is looking for an employee and just never return back to Texas.

Right now my GAH! is that I'm having a hard time getting my papers done. Suffice it to say that it involves an unusually short period of time between my birth and my parent's marriage. So instead of being an easy slam dunk procedure, my mom will have to cross the border just to tell a Mexican judge that I am in fact her son, and she can give me a power of attorney for me to be able to use my own name on Mexican papers!! The US government never questioned the authenticity of my birth (I'm American by birth not a dual citizen)!! And I lived on a visa for 17 years in Mexico City! I'm so angry!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:39:36 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #828 on: July 10, 2019, 01:20:05 pm »

Paid out $600 on my car last week, and $582.00 on vet treatment for my two cats Monday, and another $290 on reading glasses (& that's even with health insurance!) Can never seem to get my nose in front financially! Govt Pensioners don't have much to start with, so it's really difficult to get enough of a cushion to breath easy, or put away reserves for the unexpected!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #829 on: July 10, 2019, 10:23:46 pm »

Paid out $600 on my car last week, and $582.00 on vet treatment for my two cats Monday, and another $290 on reading glasses (& that's even with health insurance!) Can never seem to get my nose in front financially! Govt Pensioners don't have much to start with, so it's really difficult to get enough of a cushion to breath easy, or put away reserves for the unexpected!

It's time to start printing  new money! Maybe our friend, Otto the Confused can help?  Grin
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #830 on: July 11, 2019, 05:20:56 am »

It's time to start printing  new money! Maybe our friend, Otto the Confused can help?  Grin

Don't fancy free room & board for the next 20 yrs for uttering counterfeit currency - what would happen to my boys if I ended up in clink!!
Can't really complain too much I suppose, but having a couple of cats and a car produces a sneered "Well, you don't really need ...!" or "Well, you chose to live there" - I live here because it was all I could afford at the time, and that situation hasn't improved any!
A car is NOT a luxury item up here, and, as I have Aspergers, the cats are as much therapy animals as "luxuries"!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 05:27:39 am by Banfili » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: