The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2019, 03:50:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 44810 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #775 on: February 14, 2019, 01:07:16 am »

Lost my job
Had a job interview two days later
Got told
"You are the perfect candidate for this job but I can't bring myself to let a young woman cycle through the polder this late"

Thanks for your concern but I think that's something I can risk for myself?

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #776 on: February 18, 2019, 09:43:46 pm »

Blocked drain at one of my properties. Oh joy... Roll Eyes

Annnnd then I find I've run out of latex gloves. Happy happy joy joy.... Angry

After 10 minutes of fishing for brown trout, I got the blockage cleared. Of course by now I'm completely splattered with human excrement. Naturally the drain rods are also smeared with all kinds of -well you get the idea- and of course they need to be unscrewed by hand...

I don't care what kind of day YOU had, mine I can guarantee was more shitty!

Right, back to scrubbing my skin with bleach and wire wool...

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #777 on: February 21, 2019, 06:29:21 am »

I've been trying to reach places to stay in Oahu since before February started, and Now I have just 12 days before I arrive and I've had a dozen tell me now that they won't have any rooms at that time.

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #778 on: February 21, 2019, 11:28:11 pm »

I've been trying to reach places to stay in Oahu since before February started, and Now I have just 12 days before I arrive and I've had a dozen tell me now that they won't have any rooms at that time.

I don't know in which part of Hawaii Ms. Arabella Periscope is, but she has an account on Pinterest (Same handle name, Arabella Periscope) and was recently active a few weeks ago. Perhaps try to contact her for ideas?

rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #779 on: February 28, 2019, 03:54:40 am »

on week from now I will have just arrived on Oahu. I'm kinda freaking out. "I'm not ready for this. What the hell am I doing?" I'll survive, but man the mental freak out isn't making this something that I'm enjoying.

Oh, and I've developed a cold in the past 12 hours, so there's that helpful little contribution from the universe.

meanwhile I have to go do some writing, some graphic design, finish making a video game, do a tutorial for making cheesecake filled doughnut holes dipped in dark chocolate glaze and sprinkled with crushedfreeze dried strawberries or drizzled with salted caramel, get some summer clothes and a carry on bag for the flight. arrange a ride. and do some back up for all my computer stuff.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #780 on: February 28, 2019, 01:23:18 pm »

I have an appointment at the job centre. On march 26. Anniversary of my mother's departure. So basically I'll be taking a bus to the job centre, then taking another bus ride shortly afterwards to the cemetery. So wonderful. Not.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #781 on: February 28, 2019, 03:22:30 pm »

on week from now I will have just arrived on Oahu. I'm kinda freaking out. "I'm not ready for this. What the hell am I doing?" I'll survive, but man the mental freak out isn't making this something that I'm enjoying.

Oh, and I've developed a cold in the past 12 hours, so there's that helpful little contribution from the universe.

meanwhile I have to go do some writing, some graphic design, finish making a video game, do a tutorial for making cheesecake filled doughnut holes dipped in dark chocolate glaze and sprinkled with crushedfreeze dried strawberries or drizzled with salted caramel, get some summer clothes and a carry on bag for the flight. arrange a ride. and do some back up for all my computer stuff.

Dude, if you're making a tutorial for chocolate covered cheesecake filled doughnut holes, you need to be selling those somewhere. Put some macademia nuts inside and open a little shop in Hawaii.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #782 on: March 01, 2019, 04:26:40 pm »

I'm being consumed by stress. I hope uni takes me!

Also,
I'm quickly coming to the conclusion long distance dating is a pain.
Like. I...miss him? Talking to him in chat but, I wonder what his hands feel like. I wish he was here.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:13:34 pm by Caledonian » Logged
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #783 on: March 04, 2019, 07:58:18 am »

Dude, if you're making a tutorial for chocolate covered cheesecake filled doughnut holes, you need to be selling those somewhere. Put some macademia nuts inside and open a little shop in Hawaii.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheesecake-Filled-Donut-Holes/

Now I'm off to bed to try and sleep through the anxiety and get up early to shovel my car out so I don't miss the bus at the station to my plane to california which will lead to my plane to Oahu.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:00:24 am by rovingjack » Logged
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #784 on: March 04, 2019, 11:29:06 am »

Travel safe, rovingjack. Fair winds, and a happy return!
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #785 on: March 04, 2019, 05:53:41 pm »

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheesecake-Filled-Donut-Holes/

Now I'm off to bed to try and sleep through the anxiety and get up early to shovel my car out so I don't miss the bus at the station to my plane to california which will lead to my plane to Oahu.

Good luck! I'm going to make a prediction: you won't want to come back. Give yourself the chance to make a great change in your life!
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #786 on: March 04, 2019, 08:39:24 pm »

it's official, I have a cold. This was discovered last night after I posted. meanwhile the heat shut off in the middle of the night, and I woke in a panic attack, so I had about 5 hours sleep. I scrambled to get myself together, clear the snow from my car rushed to get to the park and ride for the bus to the big airport a state away. They were late, so I arrived later than expected but I planned enough time to be more that 3 hours early... my flight is delayed by five hours.

sigh. of course it is.

Well I'll see if I can nap, get something safe to eat. contact places that I need to stay at (one may have backed out). I'll also see if I can sleep a bit on the plane too. I will probably have a 3-4 hours in San Francisco for napping and contacting people before my second flight, might see if I can nap then too.

Hopefully this cold will burn itself out by the time I arrive or at least within a day or so. That would still leave me with the majority of my trip to enjoy.

always an adventure.
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #787 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:39 pm »

Railcar finished (see model-building thread).
Put everything together and......
kzzzzert!
Small short killed one channel of the receiver.
Now I need a new one.
Open day on Saturday.
Hope the replacement arrives on time.
GAH!!!

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #788 on: March 04, 2019, 11:26:00 pm »

it's official, I have a cold. This was discovered last night after I posted. meanwhile the heat shut off in the middle of the night, and I woke in a panic attack, so I had about 5 hours sleep. I scrambled to get myself together, clear the snow from my car rushed to get to the park and ride for the bus to the big airport a state away. They were late, so I arrived later than expected but I planned enough time to be more that 3 hours early... my flight is delayed by five hours.

sigh. of course it is.

Well I'll see if I can nap, get something safe to eat. contact places that I need to stay at (one may have backed out). I'll also see if I can sleep a bit on the plane too. I will probably have a 3-4 hours in San Francisco for napping and contacting people before my second flight, might see if I can nap then too.

Hopefully this cold will burn itself out by the time I arrive or at least within a day or so. That would still leave me with the majority of my trip to enjoy.

always an adventure.

Don't forget to carry chewing gum on the airplane! If you have a cold you want your estauchian tubes to be clear! The cabin altitude will be 8000 ft.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #789 on: March 05, 2019, 02:14:05 pm »

I'm sick. Again. -.-; F-word my immune system.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #790 on: March 17, 2019, 03:16:50 am »

the laptop computer I use to edit all my videos and update my youtube channels broke. sigh, of course it did. I'm currently frankenstiening it together with things from other computers to at least try to use it for a week or so while I hunt down a replacement. I'm never buying another HP laptop though, that's for sure. I've had it for a year and 3 months and am not rough with it, yet it's falling apart.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #791 on: March 26, 2019, 02:43:37 am »

So......

I decided it was time to once again take the clippers to (what remains of) my hair and tidy it up a bit. Decided to go for a closer cut than usual and found the 3mm guard. Not quite "Romper Stomper" but possibly enough to make the local Jewish community eye me with suspicion....  Undecided

To top it off, curiosity got the better of me, and in a fit of stupidity, I decided to shave my beard off and see whats under there.

The result? I definitley made a 'GAARRRRRGHH' sound when I saw.....

THIS :

A cross between Uncle Fester and a potato is not a good look, even my cat is like "wtf?..." and keeping his distance.   Roll Eyes

Oh and the cold breeze on my chin is.....wired feeling.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #792 on: March 26, 2019, 02:45:49 am »

Complete with light globe?
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #793 on: March 26, 2019, 09:44:12 am »

About the bald head. I think now you have the most suitable conditions.

You shave the top of your head like a knee. Go out in the spring sun and let the top burn. It hurts, but it has to.

After that, you begin to grow soft pink skin and short elastic hairs.

Run your hand over the top of your head - ecstasy.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #794 on: March 26, 2019, 09:59:33 am »

So......

I decided it was time to once again take the clippers to (what remains of) my hair and tidy it up a bit. Decided to go for a closer cut than usual and found the 3mm guard. Not quite "Romper Stomper" but possibly enough to make the local Jewish community eye me with suspicion....  Undecided

To top it off, curiosity got the better of me, and in a fit of stupidity, I decided to shave my beard off and see whats under there.

The result? I definitley made a 'GAARRRRRGHH' sound when I saw.....

THIS :

A cross between Uncle Fester and a potato is not a good look, even my cat is like "wtf?..." and keeping his distance.   Roll Eyes

Oh and the cold breeze on my chin is.....wired feeling.

It's a shame that Halloween is so far off. You could have cosplayed Uncle Fester quite nicely.

BTW, I have a co-worker who looks like the adult version of Wednesday Addams (Christina Ricci version)
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #795 on: March 26, 2019, 11:44:31 am »

Complete with light globe?

That was already there. Don't ask...

(hey the bathroom is dark OK?!)

Tongue
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #796 on: April 04, 2019, 01:12:32 pm »

I've been Wombled!
That is, yesterday morning whilst driving in to town my vehicle made violent contact with a wombat! The four-wheel drive vehicle travelling behind me also struck the wombat.

My vehicle required towing into the nearest city, as contact with the wombat ripped the bottom off my radiator, cracked my Mazda2 grill up the centre, and caused considerable damage to the front bumper area, not to mention the miscellaneous bits of black plastic parts ripped off or severely damaged. It is now at the body & paint car repairers for an unknown period of time - could be two months or more, even! As I live in a small hamlet 47 km from the nearest small town, and 65 kms from the nearest small city, without any form of public transport, this is going to severely restrict my  mobility for the next however long.

The wombat, alas, and of course, did not survive the multiple impacts. Fortunately I have comprehensive insurance, but am still going to have to try & find up to $2000 (which I don't have, of course!) for the no claim bonus.
Sigh!
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #797 on: April 04, 2019, 05:20:52 pm »

Wow, that really does suck. Also, poor wombat.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #798 on: April 05, 2019, 12:23:42 am »

Yes, I agree - poor wombat!
He should have been tucked up in his burrow at that time of the morning. A minute either way & I would have missed him altogether. Wombats have poor eyesight in the daytime, and no road sense whatsoever.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #799 on: April 05, 2019, 01:02:10 am »

Yes, I agree - poor wombat!
He should have been tucked up in his burrow at that time of the morning. A minute either way & I would have missed him altogether. Wombats have poor eyesight in the daytime, and no road sense whatsoever.

Squirrels - GEICO Insurance
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: