The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 19, 2019, 11:33:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 44940 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #700 on: August 28, 2018, 09:25:53 pm »

I should be asleep but a fellow mamx learner gave me a code for a manx course
But the code gave me a russian course instead
So now im bugging custommer support

I'm more upset about this than i probably should be.

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #701 on: August 29, 2018, 11:27:32 am »

Little is understood. It's too complicated for my online translator.
But the bad Russian language courses? We have cookies and pies. And a steam samovar. For example.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #702 on: August 29, 2018, 11:51:02 am »

But the bad Russian language courses? We have cookies and pies. And a steam samovar. For example.

What happened is i got a code to unlock a course to learn the Manx language, but when i used the code, it unlocked the wrong course, so i had a russian course instead of the manx i was supposed to get.
I don't dislike russian, but at the moment i try to learn manx.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #703 on: August 29, 2018, 10:35:09 pm »

No more drains, PLEASE.... Sad

Guess what....  Roll Eyes

Yet another clogged drain and overflowing toilet. Seriously, have people suddenly forgotten how to wipe their own arse or what?!  Huh

Have I offended someones God, a Witch, a Gypsy, or even a slightly questionable old lady??  What the hell is with all the ( LITERAL ) shit I'm having to deal with at the moment?  Undecided

To make matters even better, "joy of joys" I also run out of disposable gloves, so had to handle and disassemble the "freshly coated" drain rods with bare hands. Well, at least I won't develop an urge to bite my nails in a hurry....  Lips sealed

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #704 on: August 29, 2018, 11:43:43 pm »

Seriously, have people suddenly forgotten how to wipe their own arse or what?! 

I've cleaned restrooms in the retail store I worked at years ago, and I have been to more than one rest stop in each of the lower 48 USA states, and I would say yes. Yes they have.

I could tell you stories...

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #705 on: August 30, 2018, 01:32:17 am »

Please, do not ask me about the toilets at the Manchester (under the carpark) bus depot in 1992!
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #706 on: August 30, 2018, 01:49:54 am »

I always find it interesting when a restaurant either doesn't maintain good and clean toilets, or when the toilets are more luxurious than the restaurant. One particular restaurant I went to about 20 years ago springs to mind. I think they spent more on the decorating for the toilets than the decorating for the restaurant.

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #707 on: August 30, 2018, 12:44:59 pm »

This is clearly a first-world problem, but I play Pokémon Go (it lets me indulge my compulsion to collect things without clogging up my closets Tongue ) and one of the tasks in the current Special Research quest is to "make three new friends." I don't actually know three people, let alone three Pokémon Go players.

Anybody here wanna be my friend? Cry

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #708 on: August 30, 2018, 01:30:14 pm »

Those folks can be quite nice.
Opposite our fire station there is a graveyard.
Every now and then groups gather there to find a ghost/spook/whatever pokemon.
I yelled across the road that the ENTON is in the back of our station.
Everyone laughed. We had a nice chat.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #709 on: August 30, 2018, 01:46:33 pm »

This is clearly a first-world problem, but I play Pokémon Go (it lets me indulge my compulsion to collect things without clogging up my closets Tongue ) and one of the tasks in the current Special Research quest is to "make three new friends." I don't actually know three people, let alone three Pokémon Go players.

I'd be delighted old chap.  Grin

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #710 on: August 30, 2018, 02:51:57 pm »

Oh, go on then....

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #711 on: August 30, 2018, 03:12:05 pm »

Thanks for the gift VC Grin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:31:49 am by Mercury Wells » Logged
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #712 on: August 30, 2018, 04:28:24 pm »

Well, I will give being your friend a go, von Corax!
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #713 on: August 30, 2018, 08:52:29 pm »

What happened is i got a code to unlock a course to learn the Manx language, but when i used the code, it unlocked the wrong course, so i had a russian course instead of the manx i was supposed to get.

I don't speak a word of Manx, BUT I have heard it spoken!  In 1978 & 1979 we were on the Isle of Man & in '78 we attended the Tynwald Ceremony on July 5th.  We didn't get to stay for it in '79, which was the Millenium celebration.  Wish I had been able to stay for that one.  The reading of new laws at the ceremony is in Manx, of course.

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #714 on: August 31, 2018, 07:20:14 pm »

I don't speak a word of Manx, BUT I have heard it spoken!  In 1978 & 1979 we were on the Isle of Man & in '78 we attended the Tynwald Ceremony on July 5th.  We didn't get to stay for it in '79, which was the Millenium celebration.  Wish I had been able to stay for that one.  The reading of new laws at the ceremony is in Manx, of course.
Ta Gealg yindissagh, agh t'eh ard.
(Manx is wonderful but it is hard)
I have never heard it spoken apart from the audiofiles of the course i currently use.
Nor have i ever been to the isle of man, im afraid.
But by some twist of faith i fell in love with the language anyway

LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #715 on: September 01, 2018, 09:53:22 am »

Wait, Pokemon Go is still a thing in 2018 ? O_o

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #716 on: September 01, 2018, 07:22:49 pm »

Wait, Pokemon Go is still a thing in 2018 ? O_o

It is.
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #717 on: September 01, 2018, 10:03:44 pm »

Ta Gealg yindissagh, agh t'eh ard.
(Manx is wonderful but it is hard)
I have never heard it spoken apart from the audiofiles of the course i currently use.
Nor have i ever been to the isle of man, im afraid.
But by some twist of faith i fell in love with the language anyway

I fell in love with the whole island, & it's history.  I'd love to go back, but probably never will get the opportunity...

LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #718 on: September 05, 2018, 05:01:55 pm »

My bank charged me 1,27 eur for being in the red. That puts my account balance at -4,75 eur. Which basically I'm broke as heck. What kind of bovine excrement is this ? I have a job interview to go to on Friday and I literally have less than zero money. If, and that's a big IF, I get the job I'm interviewing for on Friday, that means my first paycheck would be either in late october or early november. How the hell I'm supposed to exist until then is beyond me.
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #719 on: September 05, 2018, 07:48:28 pm »

My bank charged me 1,27 eur for being in the red.  

Is that all? Whenever I go over the credit limit with my bank I get dinged with an overdraft charge of $40.00. That's right,FORTY DOLLARS Canadian!! And I've been informed that the charge is due to be increased. In my more cynical moments I get a distinct feeling that most banking is just a species of legalised theft.

But, seriously, I'm sorry to hear about your financial situation. I hope it all gets sorted out for you. I can empathise; been there, done that, more than once . . . .

Athanor.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:50:16 pm by Athanor » Logged

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #720 on: September 05, 2018, 08:50:03 pm »

CAD40 sounds like a downright daylight robbery.
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #721 on: September 05, 2018, 09:32:07 pm »

In Germany you get 0.something per cent on your savings account.
But if you are in the red on your normal account they charge more than 10 per cent.
And they count the days.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #722 on: September 15, 2018, 01:01:43 am »

By the sainted naked ankles of Tesla!.

I've just seen my first Yule advertisement, for cheap nasty sofas/settees Angry

By the Deities of Steam, when I am leader...Yule stuff will only be advertised from the 1st of Dec.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #723 on: September 15, 2018, 02:23:26 am »

today I got dropped off to work a section of turf outside for 7 hours, as per usual for this kind of gig, and had a digestive illness flair. found a pizza place luckily. Finished my shift and have had two flairs tonight since then.

I also hit a stumbling block during my shift. a block in a walk way, over which I stumbled... and bent a big toenail back in the middle so that it ripped away from the nailbed for half the length of it and soaked the front of my sock with blood. But I walked the 4 miles of turf for the rest of the day fine enough. I think theres a mini-gah in the fact that the discomfort of that was rather minor in comparisons to so much of my experiences of illness and pain that it didn't even slow me down. How messed up is my life that having half a toenail ripped out while having painful food poisoning symptoms, doesn't even seem worth paying attention to while walking 4+ miles?
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #724 on: September 17, 2018, 03:32:30 pm »

whenever i post a picture of my goats people think it's funny to tell me goat are good food/tasty/to eat…
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: