Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 97760 times)

Caledonian

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Caledon MacHinery (they/them)
i can't find my phone. it's vaporised. i have a festival tomorrow. my bank card is in the phone case. I need it.
it's nowhere
i looked everywhere!!

I don't suppose you've tried phoning yourself and listening for it?

I have but it goes straight to voicemail, so i think its out of battery. it has to be in the house...I haven't left the house at all

Any convenient flat surface can be where you left it. Dark colored smartphones are the worst if you have dark furniture. Shelves, drawers. Under the pillow. Often times the phone is at arm length from me.

It's in a saltire casing, which somehow doesnt make it any easier to find in my room
Passion is like a Peatfire

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!
    • The Writings of A.J. Smith
A 20 minute routine surgery took nearly 2 hours. There were many complications. But it's done.

I'd go into greater detail about why the post-op was a GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, but ain't no one here wants to read THAT, I assure you. The shorthand is they really screwed up bandaging the area, and because of that, I am in far greater pain than I otherwise would be.

To put it in perspective how much pain I'm in:

Three IV injections of dilauded, one oxycodone 10mg, and I'm still unable to stand without tears involuntarily forming in my eyes.

Is this the worst pain I've ever been in? No. But it is nauseating, and if it doesn't let up soon, I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to manage to do a fullblown hour long job interview come Monday, particularly since sitting in a chair is difficult.

Oh, and I won't get the biopsy results for at least 72 hours. That's the part I hate the most...
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
i can't find my phone. it's vaporised. i have a festival tomorrow. my bank card is in the phone case. I need it.
it's nowhere
i looked everywhere!!

I have but it goes straight to voicemail, so i think its out of battery. it has to be in the house...I haven't left the house at all

Any convenient flat surface can be where you left it. Dark colored smartphones are the worst if you have dark furniture. Shelves, drawers. Under the pillow. Often times the phone is at arm length from me.

It's in a saltire casing, which somehow doesnt make it any easier to find in my room

Im now imagining your room to be completely covered in blue and white cross motifs.

J. Wilhelm

• Board Moderator
  • Immortal
    • NASA Dude
In other news, the United States has declared a state of emergency due to the monkeypox virus. The US is now the proud holder of the title for worst outbreak of monkeypox in the world.

Should we start a monkeypox thread?

von Corax

• Squire of the Lambda Calculus
  • Administrator
  • Master Tinkerer
  • Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax
In other news, the United States has declared a state of emergency due to the monkeypox virus. The US is now the proud holder of the title for worst outbreak of monkeypox in the world.

Will monkeypox adversely affect the monkey butlers?
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5821 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

• Board Moderator
  • Immortal
    • NASA Dude

I'm afraid so. The risk of course, that it may pass from butler to patrons *ahem*

Caledonian

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Caledon MacHinery (they/them)
it's nowhere
i looked everywhere!!

Im now imagining your room to be completely covered in blue and white cross motifs.

it's...close, actually  :D not entirely, but i do have saltire bedding, saltire pillows on the couch, permanent saltire bunting and an actual saltire hanging from the wall.... I might have a problem
BUT! in good news, I got my phone! my grandmother, who i owe everything, came over and helped me look. we located it under the bed, thanks to the flashlight she brought

von Corax

• Administrator
  • Master Tinkerer

I'm afraid so. The risk of course, that it may pass from butler to patrons *ahem*

I'm quite sure I don't know what you mean, and I'm equally sure I don't want to know. :o

von Corax

• Administrator
  • Master Tinkerer
Nineteen years ago I created a web site for a local cultural organization, and since then I have been their Webmaster as well as a member of the Board of Directors. Around a year ago we issued a Request for Proposals for a redesign of the site, and around six months ago we accepted a proposal from a consultant who also happens to be a recent addition to the Board.

Since then, I have personally not heard from the consultant regarding the site (Yes, yes, that should have concerned me, but I had other things to think about) until Monday, when they demonstrated their work in progress, which is nearly complete and is expected to be delivered before the end of August.

When I originally set up the site, and since then, I have made certain decisions regarding hosting, installed applications etc. based on what I judged in the best interest of the Society. The "consultant's" product has discarded virtually all of those decisions, without consultation or consideration. As a result of this, I am now seriously considering terminating my association with the Society over what I perceive as a lack of regard for my experience and expertise, and an utter lack of respect for me personally.

Am I being unreasonable in this?

I'd just politely retire from the position. If they ask why then you can explain.

I just finished a Zoom meeting with the consultant and the President (who happens to be my sister this year.) I expressed my displeasure (politely) and informed them that, once I have completed several tasks related to migration to the new website, I intend to resign from the Society. I did, however, leave open the possibility that I might be persuaded to withdraw my resignation.

J. Wilhelm

• Board Moderator
  • Immortal
    • NASA Dude

I'm quite sure I don't know what you mean, and I'm equally sure I don't want to know. :o

I don't want to know either, so please make sure all the monkeys are wearing gloves!

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
A couple of days ago whilst brushing my teeth, 3 fell apart, I was left with a palmfull of bits of teeth and fillings in my palm, looked like the gravel in a fish tank, and the pain.......... let's just say ouch.

After an emergency trip to my dentist turns out I have some kind of jaw bone infection thing, cracked teeth and they are all pretty much knackered on one side, so am on atibiotics for two weeks.

Future treatment will involve extractions, fillings and possile surgery. Oh POO! I really don't need this hassle. ::)

von Corax

• Administrator
  • Master Tinkerer
A couple of days ago whilst brushing my teeth, 3 fell apart, I was left with a palmfull of bits of teeth and fillings in my palm, looked like the gravel in a fish tank, and the pain.......... let's just say ouch.

After an emergency trip to my dentist turns out I have some kind of jaw bone infection thing, cracked teeth and they are all pretty much knackered on one side, so am on atibiotics for two weeks.

Future treatment will involve extractions, fillings and possile surgery. Oh POO! I really don't need this hassle. ::)

Well, that sucks…

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Well, that sucks…

The only thing I will be "sucking" is air or soup through a straw, I might just have the lot removed and go for Gold.....

Spoiler: ShowHide

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral

Well, that sucks…

The only thing I will be "sucking" is air or soup through a straw, I might just have the lot removed and go for Gold.....

Spoiler: ShowHide

Just sayin', once upon a time my aunt had her jaw wired shut (it was the 90s, fad diet thing). Her solution was to liquify all the foods she normally ate (we're talking full-blown double cheeseburgers with all the fixins, hot dogs, even PIZZA) using a food processor, and just drink it like a milkshake (thereby completely defeating the purpose of having the procedure done in the first place--look, I never said she was all that bright OK?).

Now, I'm not saying that's a good idea, because let's face it, texture would just be horrible on some things, but I am saying "where there's a will there's a way."

Also, feel better. I have some teeth/jaw issues and anything wrong in the mouth is just pain. Just absolute pain.

LukeHogbin

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Steamcat
Running a fever and the weather is still annoyingly hot. Terrible combo.
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
I did not get the job.

I powered through the pain I'm in while recovering from this surgery, busted a stitch, and bruised the area badly to make that interview.

And I didn't get the job.

So, despite really needing to have job like right now, I'm going to wait until I've recovered fully. Because I can't do that again.

Sorontar

• Administrator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
  • All ideas should have wings
    • Sorontar
I hope they keep you in mind if the person they select doesn't work out, or they need more staff.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com