Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 98031 times)

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Overlord
  • https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack
    • rovingjack.com
week in hospital.
the ambulance that picked me up asked 1-10 how would you rate the pain. I said 8-9, between syllable gasps, wrything on the floor.

two days later in the hospital, body clenched in an agony previously unfathomed, the new ten makes the previous 8-9 revalue at a 4-6.

I will have nightmares about that pain for a very long time I am quite sure.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
So sorry RJ - did they find a cause for the pain? I hope it is something you can recover from - instantly is the best, but gradual recovery is the usual way.

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Overlord
    • rovingjack.com
So sorry RJ - did they find a cause for the pain? I hope it is something you can recover from - instantly is the best, but gradual recovery is the usual way.
the annoying thin seems to be that my bloodwork and body temperature apparently stick to the guide lines they are supposed to be in, even when having a gallbladder going rogue. so all tests suggested liver and kidney and other things were a okay. until I was on the floor in pain.

the gallbladder i did have was twice the size it should have been, lower in the body and based on the doctors description filled with perfectly round and clear as glass stones that x-ray doesn't see but sound like gravel when they flush to body out before installing a drain in my side (oh and apparently any that may remain missed might for small puss spot in my body at any time in what years I remain alive, oh and apparently my liver is both very large and bleeds super easily when they tried working around it)

apparently I also have a auxiliary duct with hard to determine relations to the gall bladder they removed, because it was unclear if I now had half a duct coming from liver side emptying into the body cavity.

after all this was done, and I was in recovery, I turned minion yellow and my blood tests showed elevated liver problems.

Spoiler: ShowHide
meanwhile I'd not gone to the bathroom in 3 days and been backed up even then, so now that my body needed to let off some air left behind by the surgeons, my lower gi was not letting it. Pulling a full Gandalf vs Balrog. so bad that all my muscles clenched and wouldn't let go. so they gave me laxitive in warm prune juice with a milk of magnesia chaser. and that locked my body in a siezure like clench against urgency and need to go and not being able to. the pressure built so high, that my ability to breathe was again down to gasps, my shoulders felt like I'been stabbed as nerves radiated fro mid torso, and finally with out other options topside was the only way out.

I spent about a day and a half in that state, terrified that the complete siezure level clench and insane pressures may have damaged the healing surgical inscisions. still might have to be honest, we'll see how healing goes.

they went in with an endoscope to check for stones blocking the duct as possible reasons for the yellowing and blood tests. found no obvious stones in the duct (might have dislodged in the above adventures), and suggested that there was no sign the aux bile duct was peeing in the pool so to speak. they did a minor cut to open the end of the duct wide and installed a stent so any stones that were moving around wouldn't get lodged, and cause a flow path that would suck closed and minor pinholes that could leak in the body (though test dies couldn't find any).

and after all that, gandalf went away, and the result in the facilities was black. so now there was bleeding going on in the upper gi. back into endoscope cauterized the inscisions. and then two more days of blood testing and ivs while not eating to see if my bloodwork looked bettter.

and frankly I never got clear answers about what my bloodwork for liver function and blood counts looked like at time of release. I'm bloated, sore, gassy, cramped, haven't slept a good 6 hours in over a week, trying to learn what I can eat now from scratch all over again. with the knowledge that a fall, or picking something up, or the wrong breeze with the wrong pathogen happening at any time in the last week means this could get worse still...

then get home to find that the landlord has moved in a friend, and friends non-english speaking mother of advanced age, into the spare room of the 1950 mobile home on foundation. moved anything of mine in common areas either into boxes in my room or thrown out incomplete crafts or tinkering projects because it's junk if he doesn't understand what it is, and he is neither handy nor artsy, left school for the workforce in his teens, and fried his brains with drugs and alcohol in his 20-40s... I'll be finding out exactly whats been lost for weeks.

Sir Henry

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Poking the i's and drinking the t's
week in hospital.
the ambulance that picked me up asked 1-10 how would you rate the pain. I said 8-9, between syllable gasps, wrything on the floor.

two days later in the hospital, body clenched in an agony previously unfathomed, the new ten makes the previous 8-9 revalue at a 4-6.

Hopefully, like me, you will block out any memory of just how bad the pain was and not have nightmares about it. When my gallbladder went rogue it was, as you say, a step change in the amount of pain I thought I could endure by the third time it hit. Luckily I was being driven across town by a friend at the time and got him to take me directly to the hospital. Unfortunately the only type of painkiller that works on my body appears to be morphine and there was no-one who could prescribe it in A&E so I had to survive six hours with nothing, so that was fun.

But thankfully after the operation I had none of your complications, just a belly button that no longer went in.

I hope you recover fast and that the landlord threw out nothing of importance.
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
week in hospital.

Sorry to hear that Roving Jack. Sounds like a really rough week. Hope you get better soon.

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
Gall bladder pain is very bad - it knocked me to the floor a couple of times - thankfully just a memory now! (I only had one gallstone "The biggest gallstone I have ever seen!" according to the surgeon. So I win the gallstone thing because mine was bigger...)

So much we don't know about the human gut - hope you get better soon.

LukeHogbin

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Steamcat
Pretty sure I had a seizure while sleeping because I woke with brain fog and every muscle in my body hurting... ****ing atypical epilepsy.
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Overlord
    • rovingjack.com
I hope you recover fast and that the landlord threw out nothing of importance.
looks like my crafting cardboard stash is gone (various product packages that had gold and silver, holographic, patterned or textured surfaces, as well as amounts of chip, double couragated, etc). My crushed drink cans for melt down and sand casting into better burner airflow for the foundry and forge designs, are gone. the steel cans in 4 sizes intended for multi function crucibles (a large soup can with the smaller soup can where the space between is filled with crushed egg shell, not only should work as a crucible for casting some metals, but the egg shell should end up as quick lime that I can mix with the silt left from the clay we refined from the ditch digging we did last year to make cast objects. also was saving some egg shells for making a solution that can be used to gel alcohols for fuel blocks that can be used in culinary and science projects.

Oh and some of those steel cans were also intended to test if the steel from soup cans could be made into wood saws, hack saws, sharpened into blades and treated so they could be used as sort of razor planes for fine wood projects, and scrappy hobby knife blades for crafting.

But most agregious of the crimes in my book is the Landlords wife 'organised' my spice cabinet. Nothing is where it should be, and I haven't the strength to look at it too long to see if she threw out any of my herbs and spices. I can let the inability to currently find my storage containers and bags slide, and forgive burrying my favorite plate, bowl, fork, spoon, spatula pot and pan in stupid drawers full of unmatched sets of battered and burnt kitchen stuff that's not been used in 15 years. but that woman who doesn't know what an avocado is, or cilantro, had no right to touch the spice cabinet of someone like me. I swear you could only get my dander up more if you reorganized my book shelf while I was away. I mean this is super villain origin stuff.

those are the crime I've found thus far. and I guess it's mostly a playful outrage, which I'm indulging to distract from the digestive setback today, so it doesn't wind up my anxiety.

edit: and I'm aware that there's likely more to discover missing, but that's what's been found so far.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 11:53:59 pm by rovingjack »

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!
    • The Writings of A.J. Smith

The worst pain I've ever been in (and I've been bloody shot) is from my gallbladder deciding residence in my body was no longer good enough for it, and it wanted to experience fun and new things, yegads mate, I am so so very sorry.

As to your landlord, that's right shite of 'em, and infuriates me no end--speaking as someone with difficult landlords.
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
The convo has gone beyond the point at which this addition to it will make more than mere cursory, offhanded sense, but since that's never stopped me before (lol)...

I'm intrigued as to why they want somebody with 15 years experience or more. WhenI was in retail, it was at the 15 years' point that I decided that I was no longer cut out for it because I was becoming sick of customers and their self-righteous, ridiculously-entitled attitudes (the terms "Karen" and "Chad" had  not yet been coined, yes, I really am that old, [lol] but I think you can draw a correlation *smirk*) and quit for pastures green elsewhere. Thus, I can only shake my head and wonder what kind of sarcastic, close-to-murderously-fed-up kind of applicant they were looking for (and i don't think you're to that point yet. Run away while you still can, lol).

(In my own defense, I offer that my area of experience and expertise was both department management and rank-and-file salesperson/clerk/ customer service expert in DIY home improvement and repair retail, i.e., one of those indoor lumberyard cum paint store cum plumbing disaster area er, plumbing dept and other assorted portals to retail hell *ahem* departments.

You really do get to see the seamy side(s) of customer attitudes and *ahem* other traits in that line of work. If you know a DIY retail clerk who doesn't have a jaundiced outlook on life, have them canonized immediately, because they are a saint in disguise.

I don't qualify, by the way. If I try to make a saintly gesture, I'll probably vanish in a cloud of plaid smoke...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

“WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!”

Mercury Wells

• Immortal
  • I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)
I think the following is a Gah?

Good news:-  brother has given me about a lb of pipe baccy & a Churchwarden pipe. (on the bowl, the legend says :- Mr. Borg/Borq(?) No 14  Churchwarden & a heart shape).

Bad news:- I've somehow managed to crack the stem.

Doubleplusungood news:- My brother has a terminal illness. ETOD 1 day to whenever, he decides to pop his clogs.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:26:09 am by Mercury Wells »
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

von Corax

• Squire of the Lambda Calculus
  • Administrator
  • Master Tinkerer
  • Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax
Bad news indeed about your brother. You have my sympathies.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5821 km from Reading

Mercury Wells

• Immortal
Thank you.

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
So sorry to hear that.

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

Good news:-  brother has given me about a lb of pipe baccy & a Churchwarden pipe. (on the bowl, the legend says :- Mr. Borg/Borq(?) No 14  Churchwarden & a heart shape).

Doubleplusungood news:- My brother has a terminal illness. ETOD 1 day to whenever, he decides to pop his clogs.

Very Sorry to hear, Mr. Wells. Condolences.

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude

Sorry to learn about that.

Mercury Wells

• Immortal
Thank you all.

SeVeNeVeS

• Master Tinkerer
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Having a relative about to pop their clogs is not pleasant. As many of us here know all too well.

Keep strong, my, and our collective  thoughts are with you my dear Wells.

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Overlord
    • rovingjack.com

that's terrible. is it bad form to hope that I hope he weirdly defies the odds and outlives his doctors?

My gah for the day. who the F throws out somebody elses cast iron pan. It wasn't even used yet. It was intended as a gift for somebody. It's not your F-ing kitchen, they are not your f-ing pans, they are not in your way, kindly f- off.

and as a bonus, where the F did you put my violin in a case that was on my bedroom door? Why are you f-ing with this stuff?

Mercury Wells

• Immortal
Can't you get the cost of the missing stuff through the small claims court.?

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Overlord
    • rovingjack.com
considering half of my craft supplies are either scrap materials, or second hand store stuff, the likely monetary return would be less than $50, but getting replacement for them would take weeks if not months and cost me more than the items are worth.

and that is all depending on me willing to find somewhere else to live in a housing market where my cost of living would easily triple if I burn this bridge for that 50$ of scraps.

Mercury Wells

• Immortal
considering half of my craft supplies are either scrap materials, or second hand store stuff, the likely monetary return would be less than $50, but getting replacement for them would take weeks if not months and cost me more than the items are worth.

and that is all depending on me willing to find somewhere else to live in a housing market where my cost of living would easily triple if I burn this bridge for that 50$ of scraps.

That's understandable.

Xenos

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!
    • The Writings of A.J. Smith
Well, my gaaaaah of the day: a community I was a member of for a while has decided I'm no longer welcome because I'm neurodivergent, and they don't appreciate that as it sometimes leads to interactions they don't quite understand. Like in a conversation instead of going A to B, I'll go A to R and that bothers them. So rather than talk to me about it, they decided to go to the community's head, and have strikes issued against me for each instance.

In other words, I can't be my normal self in the community anymore, despite assurances to the contrary. Probably the best part was when the head man told me "well everyone's a little bigoted," "I have autistic friends, so I can't be discriminating against you," and "You'll just have to be anxious whenever you post, it sucks, but that's how it goes."

Johnny, no. So today or tomorrow, I get to fill out a Discord discrimination report. Sucks, too, cause I do have some friends in that community--well, I thought I did, anyway.

To that end, ladies and gents of Brass Goggles: I'm autistic. I have ADHD. I have **extreme** PTSD. I am very, very neurodivergent. If I say something, or make a random connection you don't quite understand, rather'n blowing a gasket and reporting me, we're (mostly) adults here (and were all supposed to have been adults on that Discord), please, talk it out with me. I'm neurodivergent, not broken.

I've only spent the past many years trying to normalize these things in my regular life, to remove the stigma around those who have neruodivergencies, so we **don't** have to walk on eggshells all the time, and so in certain situations we **can** let drop the mask we wear every day of our lives (like I'm doing right now, and usually do with you lot, because I feel moderately safe around you).

Minor gaaaaaaaaah compared to others here, I know. I mean, "ND loses socialization avenue because they're different" in the grand scheme isn't huge. But I need to get it out of my system, especially before I sit down to make the report. Clear head, all that.

von Corax

• Squire of the Lambda Calculus
  • Administrator
  • Master Tinkerer
  • Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax
Nineteen years ago I created a web site for a local cultural organization, and since then I have been their Webmaster as well as a member of the Board of Directors. Around a year ago we issued a Request for Proposals for a redesign of the site, and around six months ago we accepted a proposal from a consultant who also happens to be a recent addition to the Board.

Since then, I have personally not heard from the consultant regarding the site (Yes, yes, that should have concerned me, but I had other things to think about) until Monday, when they demonstrated their work in progress, which is nearly complete and is expected to be delivered before the end of August.

When I originally set up the site, and since then, I have made certain decisions regarding hosting, installed applications etc. based on what I judged in the best interest of the Society. The "consultant's" product has discarded virtually all of those decisions, without consultation or consideration. As a result of this, I am now seriously considering terminating my association with the Society over what I perceive as a lack of regard for my experience and expertise, and an utter lack of respect for me personally.

Am I being unreasonable in this?

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
Having something similar happen to me. I would say, no, you are not being unreasonable.