Author Topic: An odd image loading problem  (Read 2882 times)

Crescat Scientia

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Fabricator and temporally confused.
An odd image loading problem
« on: June 05, 2016, 01:54:26 pm »
A few minutes ago on this thread: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47913.0/topicseen.html

I saw Frances, zeppelin captain's avatar in each post substituted for the little red gear icon that logs how long a person has been on-site.

That is, where someone's identifier would normally have five red gears, I saw five identical small photos of a woman in a corset, and so on down the page.

Reloading the page -- once I had realized why at first it looked like every post was posted by the same person -- produced a pale green object I didn't have time to recognize because reloading again brought back the normal red gears.

Is it something I cached?
Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying

Siliconous Skumins

• Server Monk
  • Governor
  • Rogue Ætherlord
Re: An odd image loading problem
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 07:47:46 pm »
Seems like it was a brief glitch of some sort, either the BG server or your web browser at fault, but hard to say which... :-\

The limited forum information I can view shows no errors listed under your username, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a server glitch - just that the forum software is creaking along as normal.

Keep an eye open for a re-occurrence of it, and try and grab a screen-shot* if you can.

*( PC, press "Print Screen / SysRq" key on keyboard, then "paste" into an image editor and save it to a file.
For Mac, Press Command+Shift+3 together. Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.)

Otherwise, don't worry about it - it probably won't happen again, most likely just garbled data being displayed incorrectly by the browser. :)
[Server Prayer]
:

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.