The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 20, 2019, 10:29:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "PERIL" A new kind of Steampunk/SCI-FI film and book  (Read 1128 times)
PERIL
Swab

United States United States

« on: April 23, 2016, 08:18:07 pm »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this and I'm very excited to join this community. I'm an author and filmmaker. My first book "PERIL", which is being offered for free on Amazon 4/23, 4/24/ and 4/25 is also the first film project I'm attempting to produce as a feature film. Mind you, I have no agent, production company backing me, or major Hollywood producer connections. I'm as Indy as they come, lol! However, what I do have is creativity, tenacity, oh and a pretty dedicated fan following (which I am grateful for and humbled by Wink). This film endeavor has brought me many tears of joy and pain; I'm guessing that's the price of admission to seeing your dreams come true. Anyway, my hope is that this community embraces me and "PERIL". Over the past few years, I've managed to get some A-list conceptual artist to read the book and they fell in love with the story. They've rendered some beautiful concept art for the project. I've marketed the film effort via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social networking sites. But, I've realized that I need to connect directly with an audience that really has a love for steampunk so here I am flaws and all. If you'd like to learn more about this amazing project please feel free to visit periluniverse.com, PERIL on Facebook, or get a free copy of the book at http://www.amazon.com/PERIL-Timothy-Holloway-ebook/dp/B008ZTD6UY/ref=redir_mobile_desktop/180-6569445-7956249?ie=UTF8&keywords=peril%20by%20timothy%20holloway&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1461326943&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

Please subscribe on the website, share and like on Facebook, tweet on twitter, and get a copy of the book on Amazon. I know that the PERIL story is great and with your support it can be awesome!

Again, thanks for the warm welcome! I feel at home Smiley
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:17:38 pm »

Ummm, I hate to ask (decorum and all that)... But how in any way is that even remotely Steampunk?

Looks like rather shiny soft sci-fi/space opera to me. Unless you're avoiding all the existing Steampunk tropes by using none of the normal or obvious ones of course, in which case bravo.

Anyway, grabbed your book (hurrah for free stuff) look forward to seeing you muck in and get involved with the community here.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:58:44 pm »

Moving topic to Trading as it is clearly a self-promotion and / or blatant advert for the Op's works.

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 04:51:00 pm »

Yup, don't see much Steam in that ........
So why is it even here?........

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 08:00:39 pm »

See, I'm going to stand by my original assessment that it's some cutting edge move to bypass all the traditional tropes such as psuedo Victorianism, tweed, moustaches and other 18xx-191x styles1 by utterly repackaging it as tepid blancmange style sci-fi. Probably ironically.

Or it's just spam for a fairly poorly written rather generic action/horror sci-fi that based on the amount I've read it seems I paid too much for.

1other settings may be available, your house is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or other loan secured upon it.
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

Fabricator and temporally confused.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »

People wishing to advertise their product wherever they can crowbar a mention in might do well to remember that everyone has been the recipient of unwanted and inappropriate for the context advertising and hucksterism and no one likes it.

Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:26 pm »

Unhelpful advice: This looks about as Steampunk as Trons jockstrap.

Helpful advice: Skip the film; produce it as an audio. It's a LOT cheaper.

Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 11:36:44 am »

People wishing to advertise their product wherever they can crowbar a mention in might do well to remember that everyone has been the recipient of unwanted and inappropriate for the context advertising and hucksterism and no one likes it.
Hear Hear!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: