The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 28, 2020, 10:21:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 52338 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #875 on: September 09, 2020, 10:06:00 pm »

Just in time for labor day, wet weather has arrived and the oppressing summer temperatures abated. What a contrast! It's still horribly humid outside due to the storms, which means that even moderate heat turns the environs into a sauna, but it's passable so far.

FINALLY after so many years of promising myself to review my college notes in compressible fluid dynamics (supersonic flows l, I get a chance to do so. I have a scanned set of copies of my notes, and my text book is buried in storage, but I got a copy online. My current project in Brassgoggles is forcing me to review all that material after 20 years! I'm correctly reading the textbook from start to finish. It's an incredible experience to be able to read your book and notes straight from your phone  Grin

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #876 on: September 10, 2020, 11:08:36 am »

So excited for my new subjects!!
My year will look like this

Semester 1:
  • Gaelic for advanced beginners 2A
  • Gaelic folklore
  • Theory of translation and interpretation
  • Doric and Scots language- an intro to NE scots (capped course, alternative: love loss and revival: Gaelic Ireland 1700 to now)

Semester 2

• Gaelic for advanced beginners 2B
  • introduction to gaelic literature
  • vikings: an introduction
  • Scottish folklore and oral traditions (capped course, alternative: working with texts)

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #877 on: September 10, 2020, 01:32:14 pm »

Caledonian, those do sound like great subjects. Is the translation/interpretation subject language independent, or specific about Gaelic?

Is your teaching happening on-campus or online this semester? I am still teaching online here in Australia. Saves me having to pay for up to 4 hours on public transport each day, but everything is very reliant on Zoom now.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #878 on: September 11, 2020, 01:23:58 am »

Lovely to see you back, Caledonian!
Good choice of subjects - I did 'Vikings' some years ago here at my Uni. Interesting subject, with lots of information you wouldn't necessarily expect unless you were already a Vikings fan! I did Vikings in tandem with 'The Origins of Ireland, England and France', concentrating on Ireland, of course!!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: