The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 28, 2020, 11:07:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 52339 times)
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #850 on: September 05, 2020, 03:02:55 am »

12 days! .... But I'm not counting, nooo, not me! I can't go as far as the hour, but somewhere around 12.30pm might be close! The device itself takes about 20 minutes to dismantle, and a few more minutes for the pins to be removed. Whack on some betadine, steri-strips, and a bandage, and all done!!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #851 on: September 05, 2020, 10:03:04 am »

Approval to remove my metal succubus.....

Ahhhh ... My Good Banfili - I am quite certain you know how that sounds when said out loud....

SNIP

Sometimes I wonder about these new age cures... Attaching demons to people's legs... Some new kind of fad? I can understand leeches, but demons? Succubi no less! And metal too! Just imagine all the noise from her band mates at night. I've had my roommates drink and play all night at our house. And on top of that the succubus will extract your "life essence" at night! Goodness! Might be fun at first, but not a wink of sleep. And there's no telling how you'll look at the end of the process. No thank you!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:19:31 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #852 on: September 05, 2020, 10:07:24 am »

12 days! .... But I'm not counting, nooo, not me! I can't go as far as the hour, but somewhere around 12.30pm might be close! The device itself takes about 20 minutes to dismantle, and a few more minutes for the pins to be removed. Whack on some betadine, steri-strips, and a bandage, and all done!!

You might want to bring a wrench set, and an acetylene torch if it becomes difficult to remove the shackles off the demoness. They say spraying a small amount of holy water or anointing oil makes removal a bit easier.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:09:51 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #853 on: September 05, 2020, 10:15:14 am »

You might want to bring a wrench set, and an acetylene torch if it becomes difficult to remove the shackles off the demoness. They say spraying a small amount of holy water or anointing oil makes removal a bit easier.
That would be WD 40 then?  Grin

J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #854 on: September 05, 2020, 10:20:56 am »

That would be WD 40 then?  Grin

Yes, there's a Vatican version in spray can. For convenience, you know?
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #855 on: September 05, 2020, 10:36:21 am »

That would be WD 40 then?  Grin

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 05:05:19 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #856 on: September 05, 2020, 04:02:15 pm »

The Pope endorsed , new and improved WD 40 now available in a Vati Can. You do the spraying , we do the praying .

Disclaimer..... Like many of our clergy, not guaranteed child safe.

Grin Grin
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #857 on: September 06, 2020, 01:52:05 am »

Neighbour had their tree cut down the other day, and my yard was still full of sawdust despite lots of sweeping. I have a lot of cheap AstroTurf type fake grass and it was just holding onto the wood chips and sawdust, and it was being trailed into the house every time I go out there.  So I got the cordless Dyson and proceeded to vacuum the grass matting like a carpet.

Worked way better than I expected, cleaned the whole yard in 20 minutes.   Grin

Sometimes the crazy ideas are not so stupid...

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #858 on: September 06, 2020, 05:44:49 am »

Neighbour had their tree cut down the other day, and my yard was still full of sawdust despite lots of sweeping. I have a lot of cheap AstroTurf type fake grass and it was just holding onto the wood chips and sawdust, and it was being trailed into the house every time I go out there.  So I got the cordless Dyson and proceeded to vacuum the grass matting like a carpet.

Worked way better than I expected, cleaned the whole yard in 20 minutes.   Grin

Sometimes the crazy ideas are not so stupid...
Vacuuming was the first idea that occurred to me…

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #859 on: September 06, 2020, 08:04:10 am »

We have artificial grass around our pool. For the last 6 months I have had to weed it. Go figure.

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #860 on: September 06, 2020, 09:15:16 am »

We have artificial grass around our pool. For the last 6 months I have had to weed it. Go figure.

Ah My Dear Sorontar - were they Artificial Weeds?

yhs
prf mvl

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #861 on: September 06, 2020, 09:47:32 am »

Alas no. They are grass and clover and things growing from the sand and soil in the artifical grass.

Sorontar
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #862 on: September 06, 2020, 08:15:19 pm »

I've just (slightly mis-)read Sorontar's text under his picture. I though it said "All ideas have wings" to which my brain instantly added "... but only some of them crap on you." Grin
I hope I'm not the only one for whom this is true.

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #863 on: September 07, 2020, 05:43:00 am »

It is intended to expand on the "take an idea and give it wings" approach, meaning no imagination should be limited, all should be treated as possibilities ... and I like birds of prey (hence my name).

Sorontar
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #864 on: September 07, 2020, 07:25:07 am »

Ah My Dear Sorontar - were they Artificial Weeds?

yhs
prf mvl

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I can't imagine why anyone would want artificial weeds, but I imagine the future will bring just that.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #865 on: September 07, 2020, 07:40:33 am »

Oh, the movie is great but the book is better.

However, taking the idea and making it a computer game ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vRfNtvFVRo&feature=youtu.be

and yes, I know it was a video game, which I have seen but not played ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPyqInHrHR8

and yes, I want a robotic/mechanical falcon (but I'll be happy with an owl).

Sorontar
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #866 on: September 07, 2020, 02:01:00 pm »

The Pope endorsed , new and improved WD 40 now available in a Vati Can. You do the spraying , we do the praying .

Disclaimer..... Like many of our clergy, not guaranteed child safe.

*Catches small letter disclaimer and pulls monocle *

Mr. Seveneves, just a word with you. Reminding you to keep politics/religious matters in check. Even though we talking about demons, present-day clergy scandals do overlap with politics, and already I'm hearing about it!
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #867 on: September 07, 2020, 05:10:27 pm »

*Catches small letter disclaimer and pulls monocle *

Mr. Seveneves, just a word with you. Reminding you to keep politics/religious matters in check. Even though we talking about demons, present-day clergy scandals do overlap with politics, and already I'm hearing about it!
  Oops sorry all, never meant to offend, will not happen again. please accept my apology.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 05:26:54 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #868 on: September 07, 2020, 07:52:22 pm »

I have not been on BG for way too long.
I am glad to be back
And also happy to return to university soon!

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #869 on: September 07, 2020, 08:32:21 pm »

I am glad to be back
Lovely to see you! Welcome back.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #870 on: September 07, 2020, 10:17:43 pm »

I am glad to be back

Welcome back Caledonian!
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #871 on: September 08, 2020, 03:58:38 am »

Welcome back to BG. Not often that I hear students are enthusiastic to get back to uni! I am glad you are finding it beneficial.

Sorontar
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #872 on: September 08, 2020, 06:30:08 am »

Welcome back to BG. Not often that I hear students are enthusiastic to get back to uni! I am glad you are finding it beneficial.

Sorontar

I just really like my course, and I have a bunch of interesting electives I'm excited to start
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #873 on: September 08, 2020, 11:43:08 am »

I am glad to be back

Delighted to see you here again.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #874 on: September 09, 2020, 07:00:44 am »

Even COVID-19 won't stop one Aussie tradition - the ice-cream/gelati van. I am busy working at home in my study, when I hear this melody from about a block away. It sounds like it comes from a cheap electronic keyboard, and sure enough, it is an ice-cream van (not the traditional Greensleeves music they often use though). With the current restrictions, we aren't allowed to leave our driveway without masks, and even then, it is not really in the spirit of the restrictions to congregate around the van spending 5 minutes to pick a combination of flavours only to be told by our parents that we can only have one scoop, but I am sure many kids will get enjoyment from a pleasant element of "normality", even though it is only Spring.

No, I didn't get one myself.

Sorontar
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: