The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 03, 2020, 10:51:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 50083 times)
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #800 on: June 13, 2020, 01:49:19 pm »

Today (Saturday June 13th) is world Gin Day, so therefore, the perfect excuse to have a G&T (or several) *hic*

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #801 on: June 13, 2020, 02:43:37 pm »

Today (Saturday June 13th) is world Gin Day, so therefore, the perfect excuse to have a G&T (or several) *hic*

Leave it up to you, Madas - not my tipple - now if they have World Bailey's Day, I would be in that, as I don't like any other alcoholic spirits!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #802 on: June 17, 2020, 06:13:01 am »

A good piece of art. In this case is a piece I stumbled upon online by a Japanese artist who goes by the name "Toraji." It's the digital painting of a girl dressed as a Renaissance Era mounted knight (as in the *not Medieval* but Renaissance practice of jousting).

https://twitter.com/toratoraji
https://twitter.com/toratoraji/status/1254438755869458432

(You can zoom depending on your browser)

Excellent composition. The "paint strokes" are a bit too blurry, but otherwise nicely done. The portrait needs a background story. Based on the armour decoration, I'd say its a mid-1500's character. It's similar to one of those Renaissance Era portraits of Charles V. Perhaps an alternate history of a Princess in the Spanish side of the Habsburg family of the Holy Roman Empire, at a time when women would have had a more active role in the empire. "Infanta Anna Maria of Austria"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:49:38 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #803 on: July 06, 2020, 10:47:47 am »

Not Today, but actually Saturday the 4th. Got out the small round portable charcoal grill that I keep in my day pack (useful both as a grill and as a "firebowl" for camping in State parks and wilderness areas, though I've not done much of that of late).

Anyhow, I got the thing out, assembled it, gathered smallwood and larger sticks from our backyard, set up an old TV table, covered it with my old welder's fireproof blanket and built a stick fire in the bowl part, using the old "bushcraft" skills, as they seem to call them these days ("bushcrafting" has always seemd to be an odd term to me, it makes me keep seeing people sitting around crafting homemade shrubs from toilet paper and popsicle sticks in my mind's eye, for some reason Wink . ). Cotton lint tinder, ferro rod, and teensy twigs to start out, adding bigger wood, etc.

I put the grill on top, and cooked hotdogs over the fire (I don't like charcoal) for lunch. Fire in the grill, and "the works" on the dogs, perfect 4th of July meal for for COVID isolation. "Fireworks," if you wiil (corny joke, but hey, it's my comment. Put down those vegetables, now...)," and doesn't terrorize the neighbor's little dog, either.

Next experiment: cooking bacon and then eggs in a cast iron skillet on same grill for breakfast sometime soon. Maybe cornbread too, If I get brave and full of hubris.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #804 on: July 07, 2020, 02:19:24 pm »

Final Terry Pratchett stories to be published in September.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #805 on: July 08, 2020, 01:40:05 am »

That makes me even happier!!!!

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #806 on: July 08, 2020, 02:33:51 am »

That makes me even happier!!!!

Me too!
Darkhound
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #807 on: July 08, 2020, 11:09:02 pm »

I just learned that Doctor of Clinical Psychology Mary L. Trump's new book "Too Much and Never Enough, How my Family created the world's most dangerous man" is not only legally cleared for publication, its release date has been moved up to my birthday! Cheesy

"Stupidity is a curse with which even the Gods struggle in vain. Ignorance we can fix."
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #808 on: July 09, 2020, 12:25:00 am »

I just learned that Doctor of Clinical Psychology Mary L. Trump's new book "Too Much and Never Enough, How my Family created the world's most dangerous man" is not only legally cleared for publication, its release date has been moved up to my birthday! Cheesy

Wow, aren't you the lucky one!! Is it on your gift list?
Heard about this forthcoming publication, even in the back of beyond down under - book is going to be a best seller before it hits the shelves - and, of course, it's all lies, according to it's subject!
Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #809 on: July 09, 2020, 02:51:26 am »

1) No person is wholly good or wholly bad. Even Hitler had some good traits....maybe only two or three but he still had them.

2) There actually can be differing and even opposing opinions about Trump.

3) Just sayin', juneau.... 

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #810 on: July 14, 2020, 05:48:47 am »

'No DSS' letting bans 'ruled unlawful' by court.

The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #811 on: August 01, 2020, 12:04:32 pm »

Another delivery of "junk".

A Wimshurst machine.
Now repaired and giving about 60mm sparks

(this made me tune my old one and improve it from 20mm to 65mm spark length)

A Van der Graaf generator.
80cm high, rated voltage: 400.000 volts.
Repaired, cleaned, works!

Two oscilloscopes, one needing minor repair.
One went into my lab, the other was repaired and will be given to a friend later today.

A function generator sine, square,...
which includes an audio amp of 30 watts.
30 watts sine, imagine this!

An AC-DC power supply that also has a fixed output of 6 volts fur tube heating.

And many other bits for the lab, all for free as they had gone to the skip otherwise.

As some "new" equipment was installed, other parts were surplus to requirements and these were given to friends.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: