The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 01, 2020, 02:50:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 46608 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #650 on: December 08, 2019, 02:32:25 am »

Hi J. Wilhelm, thanks for the 4 k walks - I had a good time walking around a few cities.  Smiley

Ha, ha, what I like about them is that there's no silly commentary. He's also showing the nitty gritty of some neighborhoods. The person recording the video does a great job of panning around and adjusting the focal point to allow maximum information to get through. He's producing videos every week, some are just a few days old.

Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #651 on: December 08, 2019, 11:46:22 am »

I woke up this morning with a gloriously steampunk name in my head - Isambard Kingdom Buñuel, the brilliant surrealist engineer.  Grin

Now I just need to work out what he would have designed... maybe something like an inverted Sagrada Familia, flipped upside down and carved out of the hills surrounding Barcelona to act as a reservoir for the city.

Any ideas, folks?

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #652 on: December 08, 2019, 12:20:27 pm »

Maybe he made all the roads inside buildings (so he could power the monorails) and everyone lived in the open under verandahs.

Sorontar
ps. maybe this is worth its own thread to dicuss

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #653 on: December 19, 2019, 12:20:41 am »

I have a brand new great-nephew - our family welcomes Spencer Louis …… born this morning to Sally and Gethyn, December 19th 2019 at about 3.30am. A grand early Christmas present!
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #654 on: December 19, 2019, 01:18:03 am »

I have a brand new great-nephew - our family welcomes Spencer Louis …… born this morning to Sally and Gethyn, December 19th 2019 at about 3.30am. A grand early Christmas present!

Congratulations to your family! And commiserations to the little fellow who now has to compete with Christmas to get a birthday present - may he never get "something small, because it's nearly Christmas!"
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #655 on: December 19, 2019, 01:23:18 am »

My daughter sent me a photo of a 'Truffle Tree' ie a Christmas shaped tree made out of truffles and said; "Can you make this for me?" ... I have been having fun making truffles - one lot that taste like Christmas cake and one lot of Stout truffles (yes, with Guinness in them!), Salted Caramel Truffles, and last but not least some rum-ball type truffles. I just cant decide if I decorate them all the same so you don't know which is which... hehehehe 
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #656 on: December 19, 2019, 11:11:42 am »

Spent a few hours at the lathe.
Finally had time for that.
Created lots of swarf and a unique part for a project that had been stalled for quite some time.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #657 on: December 19, 2019, 11:44:29 am »

I have a brand new great-nephew - our family welcomes Spencer Louis …… born this morning to Sally and Gethin, December 19th 2019 at about 3.30am. A grand early Christmas present!

Congratulations to your family! And commiserations to the little fellow who now has to compete with Christmas to get a birthday present - may he never get "something small, because it's nearly Christmas!"

Mine is the 24th, and my brother, Spencer's grandfather, is the 27th. We always have a seperate Birthday and Christmas, my dad insisted on it! It's just that it's a long wait between birthday presents!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #658 on: December 20, 2019, 11:33:58 pm »

My boyfriend gave me this

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #659 on: December 20, 2019, 11:53:04 pm »

I notice that your thumbnail is blue.  Now that you are in Scotland, are you painting yourself blue as in ancient times?  Do you have a good supply of woad?

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #660 on: December 21, 2019, 12:16:02 am »

I notice that your thumbnail is blue.  Now that you are in Scotland, are you painting yourself blue as in ancient times?  Do you have a good supply of woad?

I do indeed regularly coat my nails in this blue varnish, and it being a nod to the people that walked this land before me has crossed my mind various times before
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #661 on: December 21, 2019, 03:42:11 pm »

Have just received photographs of the new arrival, with some spelling corrections! Spencer Lewys, whose dad is Gethin!
The Welsh spell as oddly as the Irish!!
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #662 on: December 22, 2019, 02:41:02 am »

deleted

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #663 on: December 27, 2019, 05:58:51 am »

Well, it was yesterday, but my husband got me an amazing tea kettle for Christmas! It's a Turkish handmade hammered copper kettle, it is so shiny and is the nicest kettle I've ever had. I'm almost afraid to use it because it's so beautiful..

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #664 on: December 28, 2019, 08:32:23 pm »

Ivor The Engine: Bagpuss's cartoon brother on track for comeback.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #665 on: January 05, 2020, 05:05:34 pm »

My partner gave me these beautiful books for Christmas
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #666 on: January 05, 2020, 06:02:29 pm »

Hokayyy...................

Its been a bit of a hectic few years -3 years ago I net new partner in a differnet part of the country and all the passion it brings (and long may it continue, its sometimes its like being teenagers in our 50's), loosing a family member in a tragic RTA in Australia, unstable job prospects (on my part - long term temp contract but it was better than nothing I lasted 5 years in all), being made redundant 2 summers ago, breaking myself (only a minor one this time whist working in the backyard), getting a new permanent job of my dreams a year ago, moving house to live with said partner and family (its odd watching her offspring interact with mine, we have 5 between us ranging in ages from 10 to mid 20's), whilst remodelling the house we are living in, we had to live on a narrowboat over the summer whist major structural work was done, the frantic rush is now over....our house is 95% done (just a few long finger jobs to do inside, but even longer on the outside!!) to the point that we hosted our first Christmas together, the house in Somerset is off my hands (its taken the last 4 months to get it done including almost to the wire on new years eve!!) with a nice financial bonus sat in my bank account I feel that as it stands right now I'm the happiest bloke I know!!

Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #667 on: January 06, 2020, 01:13:27 am »

Hokayyy...................

Its been a bit of a hectic few years -3 years ago I net new partner in a differnet part of the country and all the passion it brings (and long may it continue, its sometimes its like being teenagers in our 50's), loosing a family member in a tragic RTA in Australia, unstable job prospects (on my part - long term temp contract but it was better than nothing I lasted 5 years in all), being made redundant 2 summers ago, breaking myself (only a minor one this time whist working in the backyard), getting a new permanent job of my dreams a year ago, moving house to live with said partner and family (its odd watching her offspring interact with mine, we have 5 between us ranging in ages from 10 to mid 20's), whilst remodelling the house we are living in, we had to live on a narrowboat over the summer whist major structural work was done, the frantic rush is now over....our house is 95% done (just a few long finger jobs to do inside, but even longer on the outside!!) to the point that we hosted our first Christmas together, the house in Somerset is off my hands (its taken the last 4 months to get it done including almost to the wire on new years eve!!) with a nice financial bonus sat in my bank account I feel that as it stands right now I'm the happiest bloke I know!!

Congratulations, Wormster, long may your happiness reign! And a great way to start the New Year!
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #668 on: January 12, 2020, 09:56:45 pm »

AGM of our voluntary fire-brigade:
I was promoted.

Background fact: 93.8 per cent of German firefighters are volunteers!
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #669 on: January 12, 2020, 10:23:46 pm »

AGM of our voluntary fire-brigade:
I was promoted.

Congratulations  Grin
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #670 on: January 12, 2020, 11:37:27 pm »

Congratulations, Bullet!

Outside capital cities and larger urban cities, rural Australian fire services are pretty much all volunteers.

They do a sterling job, and much of rural Australia would burn to a crisp without them!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #671 on: January 13, 2020, 01:02:11 am »

Passed at least 3 of my four classes from last semester... Still waiting for the last result
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #672 on: January 13, 2020, 02:41:33 am »

Well done Caledonian and congrats to the Bullet.

Mind you, it would be a bit confusing if someone said "Fire!" and the Bullet said "Where?". I know that is English and the Bullet is German, but hey I love linguistic ambiguities and puns.

Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #673 on: January 13, 2020, 12:31:41 pm »

Passed at least 3 of my four classes from last semester... Still waiting for the last result

Well done indeed, Caledonian - you are doing very well indeed!
Keep up the good work. What are your subjects for this new term??
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #674 on: January 13, 2020, 05:05:14 pm »

Well done indeed, Caledonian - you are doing very well indeed!
Keep up the good work. What are your subjects for this new term??

For my new semester I have

- Introduction to anthropology: questions of diversity
- Songs, myths and hero-tales of the old North
- English linguistics: Past and Present
- Gaelic for Beginners part 2
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: