The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2019, 05:11:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 40104 times)
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #550 on: August 22, 2019, 05:39:02 pm »

and an umbrella!!

A cheap umbrella, so it doesn't break your heart when a gust of wind turns it inside out!

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #551 on: August 23, 2019, 07:57:38 am »

and an umbrella!!

A cheap umbrella, so it doesn't break your heart when a gust of wind turns it inside out!

Ohh... I would never have thought of that. I love my umbrella and wouldn't like to lose it.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #552 on: August 23, 2019, 01:30:43 pm »

I have packed my duvet and extra fleece blankets, lots of sweaters and my tartan scarf.

My job gave me an umbrella as a Goodbye gift. Its supposed to be one that can survive storms.
Yesterday was my last day of work. Boss expressed to be sad to see me go and i can come back for a Holiday job if i like. That was nice.

Also
5 days

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2019, 01:29:08 am »

Four more sleeps!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #554 on: August 25, 2019, 12:36:47 am »

Just make an umbrella holder like I did and buy a cheap umbrella. The holder will keep you from accidentally breaking or bending the umbrella while riding on public transportation.

rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2019, 01:53:11 am »

friends (former housemate) 5 year old birthday party. Then back to base for using organic produce to make a variation on a dish I remember from childhood.

the dish in my childhood was cubed potato and onion fried in a pan with oil, and mix in some sliced kielbasa; mine is onion and small cubed potato fried in grass fed butter, with shishito peppers and a touch of hungarian hot wax pepper, with pieces of ham and a dash of garlic powder.

Also made a fresh pico de gallo while I was cutting peppers and onions. I'm going to mix that with a bit of black beans and serve with corn chips.

later I'll make a nice cucumber salad.

still pondering the giant eggplant/aubergine, Thinking of pan frying and seasoning with soy sauce, sesame oil and cider vinegar, and adding it to some rice noodles with garlic and ginger, maybe some more of the shishito peppers (roasted this time)

Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2019, 05:12:50 am »

friends (former housemate) 5 year old birthday party. Then back to base for using organic produce to make a variation on a dish I remember from childhood.

the dish in my childhood was cubed potato and onion fried in a pan with oil, and mix in some sliced kielbasa; mine is onion and small cubed potato fried in grass fed butter, with shishito peppers and a touch of hungarian hot wax pepper, with pieces of ham and a dash of garlic powder.

Also made a fresh pico de gallo while I was cutting peppers and onions. I'm going to mix that with a bit of black beans and serve with corn chips.

later I'll make a nice cucumber salad.

still pondering the giant eggplant/aubergine, Thinking of pan frying and seasoning with soy sauce, sesame oil and cider vinegar, and adding it to some rice noodles with garlic and ginger, maybe some more of the shishito peppers (roasted this time)

Oooh yum! Now I am hungry and we just had lunch... I wish we could get decent Mexican style black beans here. The pico de gallo sounds good too.
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2019, 02:32:05 pm »

House paid off.

Final payment made.

After just 10 years.

We even renovated it completely during that time.
Electrics: all except the handover junction box in the cellar thrown out and replaced.
Water: all pipes starting from the water gauge replaced.

Done!

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2019, 02:54:13 pm »

House paid off.
Done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjB9jlDvUNM

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #559 on: August 26, 2019, 02:36:06 am »

House paid off.

Final payment made.

After just 10 years.

We even renovated it completely during that time.
Electrics: all except the handover junction box in the cellar thrown out and replaced.
Water: all pipes starting from the water gauge replaced.

Done!

Oh, well done, Bullet & family - well done, indeed!
There is nothing quite like hold the title in your own hot little hands!
Oh! What a feeling! (to poach a well-known automobile brand advertisement!)
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #560 on: August 26, 2019, 08:02:34 am »

For my 60th birthday yesterday, my son made me a cake and decorated it. I asked him why he had put six night lights on it.

He replied "They aren't six night lights, they're six tea candles!"

Made my day.  Grin
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #561 on: August 27, 2019, 12:07:11 pm »

Is there life on the radio outside FM?

There's life on the radio.

Radio Integral, strong unit with Soviet VHF band and radio "Russia". But other than that, short, medium and long waves. And there is life.

It was a wonderful August evening, I was roasting meat on the grill, and the whole world was there.

First, the Chinese told me about their Chinese civilization and magnificent silk fabrics.

Then Catholics from Belarus, from the city of Brest sounded. First, they told about the ship of missionaries that carry the Word of God and medicine to the natives of the Amazon. Then there was a wonderful sermon on lepers and true faith. A soft female voice that delighted my ears
chants.

Sharply and decisively were the words Communist radio newspaper. Couldn't help but indulge in nostalgia and irony. 30 years ago, through the crackle of static and "jammers" I heard "enemy voices". And now, the Communists themselves broadcast only in the evenings on medium waves.

And it ended with cheerful Balkan melodies.

Wonderful evening, wonderful meat.  Sorry vacation and summer is over.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1W5gbsASFT/

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #562 on: August 28, 2019, 08:04:46 am »

MOVING DAY
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #563 on: August 28, 2019, 02:45:14 pm »

MOVING DAY

Clear skies, Caledonian!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2019, 09:44:37 pm »

arrived in Aberdeen earlier today, and wandered the city for a bit.
I am excited. life is changing, but i feel readier than ever.
we are staying in a hotel for two nights, we as in mom and myself, and then saturday i can get into my room.
mom will stay for two more nights then, before leaving me to tackle life by myself.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #565 on: August 30, 2019, 12:38:26 am »

arrived in Aberdeen earlier today, and wandered the city for a bit.
I am excited. life is changing, but i feel readier than ever.
we are staying in a hotel for two nights, we as in mom and myself, and then saturday i can get into my room.
mom will stay for two more nights then, before leaving me to tackle life by myself.

Hooray for Caledonian! Hooray for Caledonian's mum!
I hope you settle in well - life is an adventure, so enjoy the adventure, even if the road is occasionally bumpy! Please keep the progress reports coming Grin
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #566 on: September 02, 2019, 12:16:17 pm »

A progress report as requested

All settled in my own little room. Been cycling around for a bit and am excited to explore the city and its surroundings. For now, I just wish uni would start however, I am hyped for that too
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #567 on: September 02, 2019, 04:43:08 pm »

All settled in my own little room. Been cycling around for a bit and am excited to explore the city and its surroundings. For now, I just wish uni would start however, I am hyped for that too

This is all good, Caledonian! Anticipation is half the fun, and, you have an advantage over younger, straight out of school students - you are there because you really, really want to be there - that is half the battle!
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #568 on: September 08, 2019, 09:05:36 pm »

somebody just offered to bring and set up a portable stripper pole at a friends costume party that I'll be attending, and the friend said sure... after they reinforces the ceiling for it , because old victorian houses like theirs have horse hair plaster that can be fickle with such things. I'm not sure if there will be a mini ball pit this time, but there will likely be board games and video games, cotton candy machines, Sous-vide of some kind, and maybe fire spinning.

It's just one of those moments in life where you realize that the child you once were could never have understood how delightfully bonkers your life would eventually become.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #569 on: September 09, 2019, 05:40:52 am »

Sounds like a grand adventure to me!
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #570 on: September 09, 2019, 05:46:30 am »

somebody just offered to bring and set up a portable stripper pole at a friends costume party that I'll be attending, and the friend said sure... after they reinforces the ceiling for it , because old victorian houses like theirs have horse hair plaster that can be fickle with such things. I'm not sure if there will be a mini ball pit this time, but there will likely be board games and video games, cotton candy machines, Sous-vide of some kind, and maybe fire spinning.

It's just one of those moments in life where you realize that the child you once were could never have understood how delightfully bonkers your life would eventually become.

I think the way things go, we are all supposed to regress to a childhood state, mentally speaking. I for one, am looking forward to that. Portable stripper pole? Is that like a telescoping pole? I had a co-worker who was a bit,, shall we say, in need of attention? He loved to be the center of attention in any party, which most likely was organized by him. He knew how to "fire-spin." luckily he never burned his apartment down.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #571 on: September 10, 2019, 02:01:51 pm »

Went and dyed my hair. My great act of parent defiance.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #572 on: September 10, 2019, 02:44:27 pm »

Went and dyed my hair. My great act of parent defiance.

When I was younger - about the same age as yourself - I got mine cut! My poor dad was devastated, he said! However, he didn't have to wear it long in the hot, humid Sydney summer!! It has been short ever since!

As an act of parental defiance perhaps a small rebellion, the colour will fade eventually, & you are in Scotland now and they won't see it very often, will they? Grin
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #573 on: September 10, 2019, 08:52:08 pm »

Back from Holiday.
Spent a few days on the north sea coat to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.
Picked up a small steam engine at a flea market for just 10 €.
Took wife to some fancy restaurants.
Caused a few people to scratch their heads.
Sat neat the model ship pool.
People looked at me fumbling about my RC transmitter but there was no boat. Only a single duck......
It was my RC duck I made during my time at university.
At first sight it looks like a real female mallard.
The antenna is thin and almost invisible at 5m distance.
Had a lot of fun dong that.....
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #574 on: September 11, 2019, 04:25:48 am »

Okay, I love the idea of a remote control realistic duck...

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: