The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 17, 2019, 09:40:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 33049 times)
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #500 on: April 21, 2019, 07:13:33 am »

GO ME.

Indeed, go you!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #501 on: April 21, 2019, 10:11:37 am »

signed and confirmed my accomodation in Aberdeen. got the vheapest option for on campus housing, which is nice.

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #502 on: April 22, 2019, 02:31:25 am »

signed and confirmed my accomodation in Aberdeen. got the vheapest option for on campus housing, which is nice.

What will you be reading (studying) at Aberdeen, Caledonian?
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #503 on: April 22, 2019, 07:00:44 am »

I've gotten a place for Gaelic studies Smiley
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #504 on: April 22, 2019, 09:52:47 am »

What does Gaelic Studies involve? Perhaps I should have said that in the first place!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #505 on: April 22, 2019, 12:59:59 pm »

What does Gaelic Studies involve? Perhaps I should have said that in the first place!
ah! i misunderstood!
apart from general research subjects i will be learning the language, familiarise myself with the surrounding culture and it's place alongside English, and learn about its history and folklore Smiley
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #506 on: April 22, 2019, 01:14:26 pm »

Folklore is important.  I would have sat in the pubs of Scotland and studied would be folklore.

I feel white envy for you.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2019, 06:56:02 am »

Hollandaise sauce, the best alfredo I've ever had, a creamy garlic sauce, and a making-it-up-as-I-go smoked gouda and bacon sauce. (and almond macaroons made with the egg whites left from the Hollandaise). I made them all, I ate a bit of each, I may die on the morrow, but know that I died happy.

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2019, 02:15:49 pm »

Always good, rovingjack!

Finally got my car back yesterday, after 5 weeks and 1 day in the body and paint shop! All the wombat damage repaired - the list of parts that had to be replaced was really quite staggering, lot of damage caused by a hairy marsupial! Included new radiator, new fan, new aircon condenser, new grill, new bumper bar cover etc., etc. Plus the sump guard, & all those little bits and pieces of black plastic that fell off on the road! Aircon emptied of gas & re-gassed, wheel alignment, & so on. And, because they had stuffed me around a bit re finish date, car wash and detail! But he's back!! Grin
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #509 on: May 10, 2019, 04:15:46 pm »

After long time of frustration and not knowing why it did not work my Wimshurst machine made the first sparks today.

Quite an easy fix if you know where the gremlin sits....

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #510 on: May 10, 2019, 08:04:17 pm »

Always good, rovingjack!

Finally got my car back yesterday, after 5 weeks and 1 day in the body and paint shop! All the wombat damage repaired - the list of parts that had to be replaced was really quite staggering, lot of damage caused by a hairy marsupial! Included new radiator, new fan, new aircon condenser, new grill, new bumper bar cover etc., etc. Plus the sump guard, & all those little bits and pieces of black plastic that fell off on the road! Aircon emptied of gas & re-gassed, wheel alignment, & so on. And, because they had stuffed me around a bit re finish date, car wash and detail! But he's back!! Grin

That's great, now watch out for wandering wombats....

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #511 on: May 10, 2019, 10:10:14 pm »

That's great, now watch out for wandering wombats....

Underground, overground, wombling free,
The car-crashing wandering wombats are we ....

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2019, 08:20:58 am »

This made me happy today.  Grin Grin Grin

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #513 on: May 11, 2019, 04:18:35 pm »

This made me happy today.  Grin Grin Grin

$6000-$7000 worth of womble damage! Hooray for insurance!
There are, I believe, actual Wombles in Australia, as well as wombats, who are, I believe, their cousins!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2019, 10:31:14 pm »

happy i had the opportunity to go to glasgow to hang with my long distance boyfriend last week. we spend the time mostly cuddling.
(bit late posting, as i am back home in the netherlands now and thats not making me happy)
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2019, 11:56:54 pm »

I've just been told that as of September I'm going to be a Research Fellow at my local university. As my previous academic best was an A-level forty years ago this seems an unexpected, and unexpectedly large, step up careerwise.
I'm now seeing my future much more positively... who knows, one day I could even get promoted to Boffin Bloke or, and why not, First Class Chap!

Oh, and I get paid to build a sustainable, carbon-neutral, egalitarian city. Not a phony virtual one in a computer but a real physical hands-on one! (Albeit mostly out of 3mm ply...)
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #516 on: June 04, 2019, 01:13:51 am »

I've just been told that as of September I'm going to be a Research Fellow at my local university. As my previous academic best was an A-level forty years ago this seems an unexpected, and unexpectedly large, step up careerwise.
I'm now seeing my future much more positively... who knows, one day I could even get promoted to Boffin Bloke or, and why not, First Class Chap!

Oh, and I get paid to build a sustainable, carbon-neutral, egalitarian city. Not a phony virtual one in a computer but a real physical hands-on one! (Albeit mostly out of 3mm ply...)

Well done, Sir Henry!
Our future is in safe-ish hands then?
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #517 on: June 27, 2019, 06:41:01 pm »

Witch's Hat playground ride returns to Wicksteed Park.

A playground ride which was phased out because it was too dangerous has returned to a park, with a new design.

The Witch's Hat was invented almost 100 years ago by Charles Wicksteed for his Park in Kettering, Northamptonshire.

But what was believed to be the last of the 12ft-high ride in Britain was removed from the playground in the mid-1980s.

This new version has a mechanism which keeps the ride spinning but prevents crushing into a central pole.

Also known as an ocean wave, it is a conical swing balanced on a central pole which oscillates unpredictably.

(c)BBC'19.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #518 on: June 27, 2019, 07:03:05 pm »

Witch's Hat playground ride returns to Wicksteed Park.

A playground ride which was phased out because it was too dangerous has returned to a park, with a new design.

(c)BBC'19.
That has cheered me enormously - I used to love the witch's hat as a lad  Grin
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #519 on: June 27, 2019, 07:32:45 pm »

As of today, I am now the official proud owner of one freshly neutered white cat with blue eyes.

The stray that I have been feeding is now registered, ID chipped and currently sleeping off his little 'op' from earlier this morning. He is absolutely the gentlest Tom cat I have ever known, a little nervous, and the funniest thing to watch. I left the pet carrier in the bedroom where I kept him in overnight so I could take him into the vet at 8AM, and when I opened the bedroom door to catch him and put him inside, I was surprised to find him fast asleep INSIDE the pet carrier all ready to go...  Grin

Looks like he does have some hearing issues though - not totally deaf, but seems to have difficulty hearing human voice and normal volume sounds. He does respond to loud claps, loud clicking and bangs however, so training him to respond to me calling his name may be tricky, but I should be able to find a way to signal him "dinner" and "come here" at least. Cheesy

Also making me happy today - I am also the proud owner of a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4Gb RAM. Heh, this will be my new "daily" computer, and I've already started a full steampunk / mad science case build (with water cooling!). Pictures coming soon.  Grin

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #520 on: June 27, 2019, 09:08:08 pm »

Do give the new cat a tickle from us 'ere.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #521 on: June 27, 2019, 10:03:07 pm »

Also making me happy today - I am also the proud owner of a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4Gb RAM. Heh, this will be my new "daily" computer, and I've already started a full steampunk / mad science case build (with water cooling!). Pictures coming soon.  Grin
Oh! waiting for the story. I thought about it, for use in the dacha. My old laptop is dying.
Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #522 on: June 28, 2019, 02:54:11 am »

Oh! waiting for the story. I thought about it, for use in the dacha. My old laptop is dying.

I hate getting a new computer - they are never the same as the old one and it takes ages to get used to where all your stuff is located and how the new operating system works...
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #523 on: June 28, 2019, 04:58:49 am »

I hate getting a new computer - they are never the same as the old one and it takes ages to get used to where all your stuff is located and how the new operating system works...

Moved way away from MS Windows to a Mac - learning curve not too difficult! Some keyboard commands are different, but the hardest part was remembering to close windows on the left instead of the right!

I keep in practice with Windows because I have a netbook running XP, and a laptop running Vista - because some apps I use don't have equivalents, or don't run on the Mac.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #524 on: June 28, 2019, 05:01:02 am »

Do give the new cat a tickle from us 'ere.

And one from way down 'ere, too - always lovely to welcome a new member of the family! My black rescue cat has turned into the loveliest boy!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: