The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 14, 2019, 05:03:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 39251 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #450 on: October 28, 2018, 11:21:23 pm »

After 5 months of working in this factory i got a promotion.
Now instead of a production worker im a machine operator.

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2018, 11:40:17 pm »

I just returned from a lovely steampunk weekend at the Atlanta Steampunk Expo. It is the second year of this convention, and while it is small, it is certainly a lot of fun. I spent time with some good friends and saw some amazing creations. I just wish I had
 had more money to spend there!

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #452 on: October 29, 2018, 10:33:23 am »

Well done, Caledonian! Grin
SolarCenturion
Snr. Officer

Stand a little less between me and the sun

« Reply #453 on: November 01, 2018, 08:32:58 pm »

Well, the past few days have been extraordinary. On Tuesday my father-in-law went to see a skin doctor about the cancer on his head. It's a long sordid tale of why the cancer has been sitting on his for more than a year and quite likely there will be legal action. But as a good friend says, "don't repaint the kitchen when the kitchen is on fire. Put the fire out first"! So happy to report that on Tuesday, every bit of cancer was removed from my father-in-law and he is CANCER FREE! Cancer has decimated my family over the past two decades so this is a big WIN.

Then Yesterday, after waiting for more than a year to receive zoning approval for converting our car port into enclosed addition we finally went before the county board and got unanimous approval to proceed. This again, has been a long sordid tale with many hiccups and false starts so finally getting the stamp of approval is a big WIN.

I am very very grateful for this week.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #454 on: November 15, 2018, 06:07:06 pm »

Went with a friend to a fabric and craft place and had a great time - the only time we stopped talking was to eat and while paying for the inordinately large amounts of material, trimmings and buttons we bought! (As if I do not have enough of these things already).  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2018, 11:02:42 pm »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46249122

Four chaps heading to the golf course prove that even a Mercedes can't outrun a steam train going backwards at 8mph  Grin

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #456 on: November 18, 2018, 12:04:39 am »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46249122

Four chaps heading to the golf course prove that even a Mercedes can't outrun a steam train going backwards at 8mph  Grin

D'you think anyone told them those warning signs were there for a reason?

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2018, 06:30:21 am »

We have new tile floors! This makes me so happy because the carpet we had was old and gross, the tile is the type that looks like wood, ours is light grey. It's so much nicer than carpet!  I've been joking that I must be middle aged now because I find house renovation exciting...
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #458 on: November 18, 2018, 11:20:47 am »

I can understand this.
Bought my house 10 years ago.
Just 6 fuses.
(house is 160 m^2 plus 60 m^3 cellar).
We tore out every.single.wire. as they were too thin partly aluminum, bakelite junction boxes,....and of course nothing had been documented.
It is exciting to finish a job like this and then have everything up to date and documented.
Same for the water pipes. Copper, lead, plastic, extended and rebuilt countless times.
All pipes up to the entry point went out.
Before, the shower on the first floor did not have much pressure, now, even with a pressure-limiter installed at the entry point to the house there is plenty of pressure in this shower.
Renovation is exciting!
Sense of achievement.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #459 on: November 18, 2018, 03:34:32 pm »

Renovations in your own house is exciting! Not only does it improve your quality of life, but it also adds value to your principle asset - good all round!

I can hardly wait to be able to afford the next round, although solar power will be going up soon.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #460 on: December 25, 2018, 03:52:07 pm »

HOHOHO! I was asked to publish an article in a journal based on my report to the conference. And even pay money. A little.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #461 on: December 25, 2018, 07:52:35 pm »

Spend the whole day experimenting with making scented candles. Was fun. Smells very nice
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2019, 01:15:46 am »

I love it when criminals attack martial artists and then they get their arses handed back to them on a platter... and end up at hospital  Grin

Polyana Viana: UFC fighter injures and apprehends thief
https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/46786100

Cops say a would-be kidnapper chased a woman -- into a karate studio. That was a bad move.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/us/woman-kidnap-karate-studio-charlotte-trnd/index.html

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #463 on: January 13, 2019, 12:36:05 pm »

send in my application for university in scotland
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2019, 12:43:56 pm »

After five and a half years working there, I resigned last Monday (07/01/19).  I start my new job (same general area but much more varied work and opportunities for career progression) in early February.

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2019, 01:54:36 am »

Well, done, Caledonian! I hope you are successful in your application. What is it you wish to study?
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2019, 01:55:48 am »

After five and a half years working there, I resigned last Monday (07/01/19)

Well done, James! Onward & upward!
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2019, 09:19:10 am »

Well, done, Caledonian! I hope you are successful in your application. What is it you wish to study?
I have applied for two majors being "scottish history" at the university of the highlands and islands, and "gaelic studies" at the university of aberdeen
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2019, 10:51:20 am »

After five and a half years working there, I resigned last Monday (07/01/19).  I start my new job (same general area but much more varied work and opportunities for career progression) in early February.

Congratulations on taking the next step, both of you!
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2019, 07:05:36 pm »

I have applied for two majors being "scottish history" at the university of the highlands and islands, and "gaelic studies" at the university of aberdeen
And I wish you the best, with success in whichever area of study that you choose.

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #470 on: January 29, 2019, 07:32:34 am »

I got the laser cutter to work for me and finally got a set of my star coaster puzzle set to physically play with. It's part of a project I've been doing since new years. I'm writing a book, creating an animation, creating a board game, making a product (the patriotic red white and blue star puzzle coasters), and will soon be uploading mukbang (based on korean style meal vlogging), creating artwork, and creating a video game. Every day I do an update video and try and show my progress.

It's partly because I create regular edited videos with prompts for other creators to use in making something creative, and it would be helpful to also see how to go from idea to item for sale in each those catagories that I make my videos in. It's also partly because: how awesome would it be to reach the end of this year and be able to look back and say I have multiple books, short films, board games, products, artworks, and video games that people can buy online.

It's crazy to realize the amount that is going on in my life right now, I feel like it's already april. I've got a rough draft on my book that needs going over, and I'm hoping to finish the board game art this week and put it on my website where people can download it and print it out to play with friends. I chose to do an animated video this time so it might be a few more weeks for that. But tonight I've got a product I can make several of and be able to sell as a product online.

Whitapers
Swab

« Reply #471 on: January 30, 2019, 10:16:30 pm »

Getting in touch with my best friend. Always makes me glad.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #472 on: February 03, 2019, 04:17:35 am »

send in my application for university in Scotland

Won't that interfere with your Manx Language learning?. Anyway...Good fortune to you, for the future. Smiley

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #473 on: February 12, 2019, 06:08:35 am »

I broke out the charcoal for the first live creating art episode of the week. It's nice to be back at the easel again. I'm not saying it's good, but I did enjoy making it. (a sumi-e japanese landscape style piece made with charcoal on sketch paper.

https://youtu.be/ytIzLFbTZ04

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:10:21 am by rovingjack » Logged
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #474 on: February 12, 2019, 12:59:21 pm »

That is lovely, rovingjack! Grin
Must admit, my fingers are starting to itch for the brush & palette knife! Haven't done any painting for a while - it will be nice to get back into it, but, having left my stuff at an art workshop for a bit too long, much of my paint and many of my brushes were pillaged before I was able to retrieve them!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: