The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 19, 2019, 03:52:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 39721 times)
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #400 on: March 05, 2018, 06:08:12 pm »

New series of HHGTTG on Radio 4 8/3/18 @ 6.30pm.  Grin
I may miss this - I never could get the hang of Thursdays ;-)

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #401 on: March 05, 2018, 08:41:52 pm »

New series of HHGTTG on Radio 4 8/3/18 @ 6.30pm.  Grin
I may miss this - I never could get the hang of Thursdays ;-)

Grin

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #402 on: April 04, 2018, 08:10:37 am »

A bit of Japanese Sake tonight  Smiley

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #403 on: April 04, 2018, 01:59:02 pm »

Four weeks post op and my foot is feeling sooooo good! Much better than the last procedure.
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #404 on: April 04, 2018, 03:50:56 pm »

Quite happy to hear this!  Best wishes from Texas!

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #405 on: April 05, 2018, 10:18:38 am »

Thank you Mr Howard from Texas! Last time didn't feel right, this time, it does feel right! Am having to be stern with myself to stop myself walking normally on it too soon, and busting the screws or something like that - in 13 days I have x-rays, and may be able to walk properly. The problem with so much leg, foot & ankle surgery is that after every op I have to learn to walk properly again - sigh!  Grin
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #406 on: April 28, 2018, 08:54:20 pm »

Maker Faire UK (Newcastle) today. Some cool things, a few steampunky bits (pics later).....

AND........

..................I got to meet and chat to one of my internet heroes : Colin Furze

(I have a picture of me holding this thermite launcher and stnadning next to Colin!  Grin )

He's totally an awesome guy to talk to, and happily put up with me stalking him for over an hour...  Cheesy

*happy dance*   Grin Grin

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2018, 06:48:07 am »

AND........

..................I got to meet and chat to one of my internet heroes : Colin Furze
But did he bring the HulkBuster?
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2018, 06:42:59 pm »

AND........

But did he bring the HulkBuster?

Sadly no.  Sad  Although some people did ask about it, but I couldn't hear the reply as there was a mini "Robot Wars" competition going on right next to his stand during this time. So I didn't catch all he was saying, but I think there is still some work to be done yet.

Mind you, there is a lot of money in that project! Shocked
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #409 on: May 08, 2018, 01:30:49 pm »

I had a very polite letter and this certificate arrive in today's post, thanking me for supporting the Great Central Railway Rolling Stock Trust (I may have mentioned the work this Trust does once or twice on my new-build steam locomotive thread). 

Obviously nobody donates to charity just for the recognition, or a least you'd hope not, but it is very nice to be acknowledged for your donations. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #410 on: May 16, 2018, 11:00:11 am »

Finished uni officially, and it's the final show for my steampunk collection on Friday, so I'm just enjoying the time off before my holiday to Istanbul next week!

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #411 on: May 16, 2018, 06:26:49 pm »

Finished uni officially, and it's the final show for my steampunk collection on Friday, so I'm just enjoying the time off before my holiday to Istanbul next week!
Congratulations! We knew you could do it, despite your trepidation when you were starting.  Smiley
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2018, 10:39:27 pm »

Well done!

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #413 on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:23 pm »

Congratulations! We knew you could do it, despite your trepidation when you were starting.  Smiley

To be completely honest, I'm still not 200% convinced even now it's done!
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2018, 09:32:02 pm »

Congrats! Since you "finished" I am assuming you graduated ... may we inquire as to what field and/or degree?

RE: Instanbul - Mrs Marvel and I envy you, please take brazillians of photos , but beware the Undead Sultan lurking in the underground resevior ...

otoh, some folks in the EU envy us in that we are less than a day's drive from The Grand Canyon, The Anasazi Cliff Dwelling ruins, and we are literally living amongst/near
"The Eight Northern Pueblos of New Mexico are Taos, Picuris, Santa Clara, Ohkay Owingeh (formerly San Juan), San Ildefonso, Nambé, Pojoaque, and Tesuque ".
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Northern_Pueblos

yhs
prof marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2018, 12:21:52 am »

Takes time to sink in, Lady Ava - know the feeling well! The sort of "well, what do I do now" kind of feeling!! Grin
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2018, 12:21:09 pm »

After the passing of my dear old dad last year, and a long probate, I now own my grubby little 2 up 2 down, it's not much, but I have the deeds and so I can Steampunk the living crap out of the place!

Happy boy! (slightly shitty way to get there, life goes on and all that and there will be many things that remind me of an outstanding individual)

Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:47 am »

Congrats! Since you "finished" I am assuming you graduated ... may we inquire as to what field and/or degree?

RE: Instanbul - Mrs Marvel and I envy you, please take brazillians of photos

All finished, handed in, marked and then graduation is in September! It's a BA in Fashion and I am very pleased to have it. Taken me a while but here we are!

Istanbul - SO MANY SWEETS. SO MANY LAMPS.
I took a billion photographs and also posted a selection of them on my instagram... (plug plug plug!)https://www.instagram.com/ashleighellan/
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2018, 05:33:52 am »

I found (and bought) an old Singer 327k sewing machine from the thrift store last week. Now I didn't need another machine, but it was 14 dollars and a lovely teal color. Now I have three vintage Singers...

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2018, 05:08:28 pm »

Finally, I have some time to get back here and catch up on what's been going on in the BG world!  Life has been quite hectic …

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2018, 03:17:52 pm »

Finally, I have some time to get back here and catch up on what's been going on in the BG world!  Life has been quite hectic …

welcome back!

my happy thingy today:
my manx is actually improving!

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #421 on: September 02, 2018, 02:06:14 am »

I'm at Dragoncon, enough said...
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2018, 08:54:28 am »

Just back from nephew's wedding in Melbourne. Wedding grand, but glad to be home!
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #423 on: September 05, 2018, 02:33:05 pm »

Isle of Man historic tram restored to 1898 condition.

A once derelict tram has been restored to its original 1898 condition as part of the Manx Electric Railway's 125th anniversary celebrations.

Tram No. 14 arrived on the island some 120 years ago during the Victorian tourism boom, connecting Douglas, Laxey and Ramsey.

However, it went out of use in the 1970s and later fell into disrepair.

Volunteers gave three-and-a-half years of "blood, sweat and tears" to restore the tram, Isle of Man Transport said.

Also, this week it's the 125th Birthday of the Manx Electric Railway  Grin
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #424 on: September 05, 2018, 09:30:48 pm »

Resurrected an old o-gauge tinplate loco.
Made about 1920, required a careful restoration.
Some parts were there but broken (in half) and had to be repaired.
Wiring was quite good but there was one broken wire in the least accessible place (where else?).

Amazing to see this thing running. If it could tell its story.....
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: