The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 28, 2022, 11:35:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET *EVEN* MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 76131 times)
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #1175 on: September 28, 2021, 10:46:16 am »

This is the best news I've heard in a very long time!

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1442621159221043202

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1176 on: September 28, 2021, 03:57:23 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I didn't know there still were television networks.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1177 on: September 29, 2021, 04:32:51 am »

So many of the original main cast have died. It will be hard to get cameos.

It will be very interesting to see which characters are reused, even if the actors aren't. Will the ambassadors be the same? Will Valen be the same? Will there still be an Earth/Minbari prehistory? How many Zathras will there be? Zathras does not know. Zathras does not need to know. Just covering all possibilities. Zathras does not want you being confused.

As to the others...

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 04:34:52 am by Sorontar » Logged

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #1178 on: September 29, 2021, 04:54:38 am »

So many of the original main cast have died. It will be hard to get cameos.

How many Zathras will there be? Zathras does not know. Zathras does not need to know. Just covering all possibilities. Zathras does not want you being confused.
Alas, Tim Choate was killed in a motorcycle accident in 2004.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1179 on: September 29, 2021, 11:51:43 am »

"Zathras used to being beast of burden. Zathras have sad life, probably have sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1180 on: September 29, 2021, 05:43:22 pm »

Zathras used to being beast of burden. Zathras have sad life, probably have sad death, but at least there is symmetry.

Around that time, my late grandfather and I were into that TV show. One day I noticed that there was a bicycle and locksmith business named "Cothron's". While driving, I started taking on Zathra's (Zathros?)" alien-Balkan accent. I told my grandfather," Zathras knows everything, but Kothron fix your bike! ". Kothron now has morphed into a home and business security firm, I can't ever forget Zathras/Zathros because of it  Grin

Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #1181 on: September 29, 2021, 10:13:03 pm »

Sorry about that - I have no idea why I replied within the quote. To put it more obviously: This is the 21st century - all the smart, energy-efficient homes are going with shutters these days. But even the woodwork gets decorated now: https://iqdnq8m0k3.mobirisesite.com/page5.html

Aaaand..... I recognize that there bathroom form somewhere, your beloved creation, from a few years back, I believe?...... Wink
Indeed. We're trying to move house at the moment, so hopefully there will be a new one to play with soon.

But it's the wall panels lower down the page that I'm hoping to do a lot more with in the future, especially now that my local Hackspace is getting a laser cutter with a feed-through slot, meaning that I can put designs onto full 8'x4' sheets. They're carbon capture, biodegradable, good insulation for both heat and sound and look insanely posh for something that costs about £20 to make (+ a couple of days of mindful colouring  Wink ). And of course they can be made interlocking so can fill any area.

I'm currently about half way through drawing up this old thing to put on the first board I get to work on:

Post on Tactile! Also, I'm wondering if laser cutting could be used to create a two (or 3 or 4) tone wood parquet veneer, in lieu of a wood insert design? That'd be terribly useful for the Boombox Mk. III project.
Absolutely no problem. The Hackspace kitchen floor is a parquet floor made by cutting a parquet pattern in the top layer of a sheet of plywood and the sections stained with a variety of wood stains. It looks so realistic that one of the members, a building site inspector, complained that it would take days to restore the floor to its original condition when we leave. Only to be gobsmacked when I brought the whole thing out to him as a single sheet a couple of minutes later.  Grin

Though we didn't use a laser cutter for that, just a Stanley knife and a long ruler. I've had to give up making things that way as I got carried away when I first developed the technique and now my shoulder gets incredibly painful after about 15 minutes of doing it manually.

I've seen the Book of Kells twice, both times it was open at an illuminated page - how's that for luck! I also have a couple of illuminated manuscript colouring in books, a lovely way to while away a wet afternoon, especially with watercolour pencils.
Cora Courcelle
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #1182 on: October 03, 2021, 04:18:43 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Good news indeed.  (Which reminds me it's about time to re-watch them all ... again!)

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1183 on: October 13, 2021, 06:28:20 pm »

Successfully passed my probation at work.

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1184 on: October 13, 2021, 10:37:59 pm »

I was never a fan of probes.
von Corax
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

« Reply #1185 on: October 13, 2021, 11:05:39 pm »

Congratulations. I go back to work Monday, after 3½ months layoff (7½ months total for the year.)

EDIT: Work's been cancelled again. Gah!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 03:54:19 pm by von Corax » Logged
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1186 on: October 15, 2021, 02:12:34 am »

Congratulations. I go back to work Monday, after 3½ months layoff (7½ months total for the year.)

EDIT: Work's been cancelled again. Gah!

Sorry to hear that. I lost some hours too (I respond in the gah thread).

The good news is that before finding out today I bought a new smartphone  Undecided  At least it will keep me entertained.
von Corax
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

« Reply #1187 on: October 16, 2021, 03:09:39 am »

In my copious spare time (see the GAAH! thread) I have been working on a contacts database for a community group of which I am a member and director. The main use of this application is to generate ticket seller lists for our annual fundraising event, and then import the updated lists back into the database. This last function has proven to be a challenging and entertaining exercise, which has convinced me that I'm almost as clever as I think I am. Smiley
Madasasteamfish
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1188 on: October 19, 2021, 05:33:12 pm »

Got my first tattoo.

Was somewhat painful, but a worthwhile experience and I'm sure it'll prove worth the investment.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #1189 on: October 19, 2021, 07:03:42 pm »

Been able to sit at my desk today for the first time in two weeks.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Cora Courcelle
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #1190 on: October 19, 2021, 07:39:20 pm »

Got my first tattoo.

Was somewhat painful, but a worthwhile experience and I'm sure it'll prove worth the investment.

One of the advantages of getting older, I find, is that one can ask impertinent questions, (although one does not necessarily expect a reply of course).

So do tell, pray, what is your tattoo of and where is it located?  Always providing that both answers are acceptable in polite society ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1191 on: October 19, 2021, 08:02:53 pm »

Got my first tattoo.

Are you the first person to have "I've had a great idea for a tattoo" inscribed across their chest?
von Corax
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

« Reply #1192 on: October 19, 2021, 10:39:51 pm »

Got my first tattoo.

Are you the first person to have "I've had a great idea for a tattoo" inscribed across their chest?
"I have devised a truly marvellous tattoo, which this forearm is too narrow to contain." -Pierre de Fermat
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #1193 on: October 20, 2021, 12:21:34 am »

What happened? Back injury? Nothing worse than getting unwell during a pandemic - medical attention is focussed elsewhere...
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #1194 on: October 20, 2021, 12:31:02 am »

What happened? Back injury? Nothing worse than getting unwell during a pandemic - medical attention is focussed elsewhere...

Back pain and general dizziness. Happens every few months.
von Corax
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

« Reply #1195 on: October 21, 2021, 04:34:05 pm »

On Monday, I phoned my placement agency and sent them an updated resumé. A few minutes ago I got a phone call from my current employer, tentatively calling me back for day shift starting Nov 1. I guess that's good news, even if it is day shift.
Madasasteamfish
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1196 on: October 21, 2021, 05:03:53 pm »

Got my first tattoo.

One of the advantages of getting older, I find, is that one can ask impertinent questions, (although one does not necessarily expect a reply of course).

So do tell, pray, what is your tattoo of and where is it located?  Always providing that both answers are acceptable in polite society ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well, bearing in mind I might still end up in an old folks home/geriatric ward and having to explain it to the nurse I'm getting a bed bath from, I've gone fairly safe and have a variant fouled anchor on my forearm.
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1197 on: October 22, 2021, 07:41:18 am »

Got my first tattoo.

Well, bearing in mind I might still end up in an old folks home/geriatric ward and having to explain it to the nurse I'm getting a bed bath from, I've gone fairly safe and have a variant fouled anchor on my forearm.
Keep taking the spinach!  Wink Grin
Cora Courcelle
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #1198 on: October 22, 2021, 02:26:52 pm »

Perfectly respectable, and very considerate of future personal interactions  Cheesy
Madasasteamfish
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1199 on: October 22, 2021, 05:16:39 pm »

Perfectly respectable, and very considerate of future personal interactions  Cheesy

Well it's worth considering before getting something like a tattoo (which will last for the rest of your life and potentially beyond) 'What is this going to look like when I'm in my dotage?' I believe Bruce Dickinson (the lead singer of Iron maiden) has said of tattoos somethinglike 'I don't want to end up at 80 with "Party Animal" written across my chest.' which is a fair point, we all get old and it's getting more and more likely that'll we'll end up spending our last few years in a nursing home or similar and if I do end up there I don't want to be explaining some cultural reference from decades ago to someone a fraction of my age.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: