The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 27, 2021, 05:03:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victorian-Inspired ''Adult Collector'' Monster High Doll  (Read 1149 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: April 04, 2016, 01:20:36 am »

With such slutty adornments, it was unavoidable than their a demand from daddies for having their own Monster High dolls:
http://www.monsterhigh.com/en-us/shop/productdetail?id=10002270

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:26:01 am »

Slutty is such a loaded term.

At a glance I'd wager that it's intended market is isn't older folks of daddies (you'd go to 3A for that), but an extension of their current customer base into the 'young adult' and above range. Aimed at people who've likely been buying their range for a little while (or not) but who don't self identify as children.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:59:24 am »

"Slutty is such a loaded term"

Sorry lol, that was my dark comedic way to say than i find this dolls objectifying and send a bad message to young girls, and then imho seems more usefull as parent service than kids toy.

"At a glance I'd wager that it's intended market is isn't older folks of daddies (you'd go to 3A for that), but an extension of their current customer base into the 'young adult' and above range. Aimed at people who've likely been buying their range for a little while (or not) but who don't self identify as children."

Yay, i was also into the impression it looked more " teenager collector" than "adult collector". But i guess the tentation to jokes about a hypersexualition incitating toys franchise was too great to truly think this throught. In a matter of fact, i'm still certain than the franchise fan servicey side still played a role into the desire to reach a older audience.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:15:21 pm by chicar » Logged
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 12:11:12 pm »

The faces are quite baby like. So my money is a slightly flawed attempt to "tick every demographic box".
Any way few if any of these dolls are going to be bought to be played with. They sit on a shelf or in the attic in the original box and slowly become slightly more valuable (hopefully). 

Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 12:57:50 pm »

Not quite right for Tactile section, and not directly Steampunk related for the other sections.....

Moving to Off Topic for lack of better alternatives.

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: