The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 24, 2020, 02:10:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Retro Wave: A Plausible Glimpse Into Historical Sci-Fi Future  (Read 876 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: March 29, 2016, 02:09:48 am »

In a hundred of years, when our own epoch would be suitable retropunk genre material, this could be how the music would sound like.

The Entire Compendium:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NewRetroWave

My Personal Favorite:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ0mvH-YK9s

Bonus 1:Plausible Prototypes Of This Futur Punk Genre.

-Turbo Kid (and the original short movie T For Turbo), Than I Mentioned Before And From Which The Aforementioned Favorite Song Come From:

-Kung Fury, Who Was Mentioned Before As Well

-Far Cry Blood Dragon

Bonus 2: "Eye of the Tiger" Played on an Old Dot-Matrix Printer

http://www.dorkly.com/post/59524/eye-of-the-tiger-played-on-an-old-dot-matrix-printer
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:10:14 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 04:01:56 pm »

Coolness.

And yes the drawn of electronica's popularization will become a bit of a styalistic thing. Kinda want to see what taking 80's synth and Vocoloids would end up producing.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 04:16:24 pm »

In a similar vein I've been a huge fan of Lazerhawk for a while now, his music is just cracking and perfectly captures the feeling of many 80s and 90s films.

The Redline album for all those fast paced car movies and Skull + Shark for that wonderful horror kick (just listening to it makes me remember how much I loved our local video shop as a teen with all the great / awful horror videos).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: