The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 27, 2021, 03:49:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk and The Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 1001 times)
Bines
Gunner
United States United States

« on: March 09, 2016, 05:05:53 am »

So I was thinking, and lo and behold, there was a thread for it, http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6225.0.html , but to be different- this time you have to deal with the ZA using only your Steampunkery. Not strictly Victorian period correct, mind you. Use what you have or could Steampunk.

I favor leather and corduroy. Boots. Durable materials are good for wearing through any apocalypse.

I'd be armed from the start with a stout Bowie. Good for stabbing skulls, and it doesn't require ammo.

A Leatherman Wave is part of my outfit. It's a weapon and a tool. 

A functional, albeit simple, compass is also part of my regular gear. I may not know where I'm going, but I'll know what direction I'm headed.

Jeweler's loupe. I wear the clip on type. I may not have time or concern to read much fine print, but I can start a fire. Fire is quite the valuable tool and weapon.

Yeah. I'm feeling good about my initial chances. So long as I don't have to battle the zombified population of New York from the word go.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 10:37:12 am »

A   pair of  stylish  dark glasses. I am  never with out a pair
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery (they/them)

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 03:22:16 pm »

why is this in off topic?

I struggle and arise
Harbinger_99
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 08:23:18 pm »

You may want an axe or hatchet instead of a Bowie. The concussive force of an axe if optimal for breaking zombie skulls. Plus it is a great tool.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:02:33 pm »

I think Alice had the right idea, I'm going for some kukri knives.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 10:12:43 pm »

Valaska (Slovak:. valaška) is the traditional hatchet of the Carpathian highlanders. Different wedge-shaped knob without protruding to the side of the butt and with a narrow prohom.

Length toporishcha valeski can reach 1 metre, rarely more. The narrow blade of a hatchet, with a total length of about 7 cm. the butt is small, usually flat and can be used as a hammer. The wooden handle is often metal ends, sometimes pointed, topping.

This universal tool, used also as a walking stick when traveling in the mountains.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Bines
Gunner

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 01:45:21 am »

With a handle that long, I'd call it an axe. It's a fine zombie dispatcher. The long handle, and weight and mass of the head give you a lot of skull chopping power. Plus a little range, for a melee waepon.

On the tool hand, it can chop firewood, clear debris, and fashion crude boards for building. Doubling as a walking stick makes it easy to carry and can assist walking. Especially if you've an injured leg.

The saber and cutlass were popular with American militaries in the 1800s. They were typically lighter and faster than axes. They also offer stabbing by thrusting in addition to slicing or chopping by swinging.

I may still take an axe over a sword. The bulk of even a dull axe can still bust some z grapes, and it has more tool uses.

Now I want to Steampunk an axe or hatchet. Cheesy
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 03:31:45 am »

In  New Zealand we  use the machete as an all purpose  utility tool.  Gardening, chopping , clearing,  self defense , armed robbery and the occasional beheading. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: