The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 18, 2022, 05:48:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: In the event of a Brass Goggles server outage, please visit sparegoggles.forumotion.net, our Lifeboat Forum, for updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Detroit (Livonia), Michigan, USA] Motor City Steam Con July 2016  (Read 1708 times)
CrazyLee
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: February 06, 2016, 04:57:06 am »

The Detroit area has has its share of steampunk conventions, sadly they don't often last long. ;(

This one is brand new as far as I can tell. July 22-24. It's in the Detroit suburbs, in a city called Livonia. If anyone's not from the area, the place where the hotel is located is very clean, middle class, and low crime (You would be surprised to hear the number of people who hear "Detroit Area" and think they're entering Max Max or something). I have not been to a con at this hotel, in fact I've never seen a con at this hotel and I know ALL the normal con hotels in the area.

http://www.motorcitysteamcon.com/

The gears on the airship go round and round, round and round, round and round....
burlesquebettie
Deck Hand

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 07:14:07 pm »

I'll be attending MCSC this summer!! I am so excited! Is anyone else going and interested in meeting up?

-BB
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

Fabricator and temporally confused.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 07:33:22 pm »

I am familiar with that area.  It's quite suburban.

Though I have never been in that hotel I have passed it many times.  It seems a reasonably accessible location.

Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: