Author Topic: Steampunk in Russia  (Read 58947 times)

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
Re: Steampunk in Russia
« Reply #300 on: December 02, 2021, 10:24:44 pm »
Some stunningly beautiful work there!

Did you tell them that? :)

When I figure out how to, I will! (Have saved the link to show my family.)

morozow

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Billboard unformatted events
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2022, 10:34:21 am »
On January 29, the exhibition "Steampunk 2022" opened in Tula in the creative space "Nine". The single exhibition contains the works of Tula craftsmen who create art objects made of metal in the steampunk style - Kirill Klimov, Ruslan Kalinichev and Igor Matveev.

Unique interior items have been created from the details of old things. Some exhibits are equipped with electric lamps.

Another representative of this art direction, Sergey Nefedov, designed a photo zone and a whole collection of costumes in the same style.

Foto - https://myslo.ru/news/tula/2022-01-30-v-tule-otkrylas-vystavka-steampunk-2022-fotoreportazh/
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2022, 07:38:37 pm »
Kostroma designer turned the apartment into a fantastic world of Jules Verne

An alternative reality exists. At home, designer Ilya Zabagrin has everything in the style of "steampunk": pipes, gears, a fabulous bathyscaphe refrigerator, welding glasses on a pot ... "Steampunk" combines technology and natural materials.

Electricity has not replaced steam energy in Ilya Zabagrin's apartment. Plastic does not exist. People are dressed in fancy outfits - vests with watch chains hanging from their pockets, hats with goggles - welding glasses. This is how fans of "steampunk" imagine the world. Ilya Zabagrin became interested in this subculture 8 years ago. Now his apartment looks like Captain Nemo's bathyscaphe. And the impression of the guests of the house from such a design is the same.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "At first, of course, it's a shock. But the shock is good - people show their emotions. Actually, I hope that after visiting this interior, people will look at the world differently. If this happens, it means that I have achieved something in this life."

The interior began with the kitchen. Under the impression of Jules Verne's novel "20 thousand leagues under the sea" Ilya created a fabulous bathyscaphe - for 6 months he covered the refrigerator with genuine leather, painted, decorated. The result exceeded all expectations.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "The work is done by hand. The top part – it's brass - is there at the top of the pipe. My wife says it's like a periscope - food is watching us through this periscope."

There are no materials for the "steampunk" style in construction stores. Ilya, a biologist by education, had to master more than ten specialties to make the necessary items - he is a welder, a carpenter, a carpenter, a furrier, and an artist. Everything that his guests admire so much, the designer made with his own hands. Friends help with laser cutting of metal. And sometimes the master has to spoil new things to get, for example, a lamp. That's why the clock in his room goes in the opposite direction.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "I would like to create my own parallel universe. Everyone has the right to their own parallel universe. Each of us is the world. And I would like to stop time, and even turn it back."

The designer's wife treats her husband's hobby with understanding. She allowed him to decorate the room and kitchen in the spirit of "steampunk", but the bedroom in the apartment is decorated in the style of "Provence". But this is a completely different story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SDLyHPjZc#

Synistor 303

• Snr. Officer
  • Zenyna Ironbracker
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2022, 11:51:55 pm »
Kostroma designer turned the apartment into a fantastic world of Jules Verne

An alternative reality exists. At home, designer Ilya Zabagrin has everything in the style of "steampunk": pipes, gears, a fabulous bathyscaphe refrigerator, welding glasses on a pot ... "Steampunk" combines technology and natural materials.

Electricity has not replaced steam energy in Ilya Zabagrin's apartment. Plastic does not exist. People are dressed in fancy outfits - vests with watch chains hanging from their pockets, hats with goggles - welding glasses. This is how fans of "steampunk" imagine the world. Ilya Zabagrin became interested in this subculture 8 years ago. Now his apartment looks like Captain Nemo's bathyscaphe. And the impression of the guests of the house from such a design is the same.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "At first, of course, it's a shock. But the shock is good - people show their emotions. Actually, I hope that after visiting this interior, people will look at the world differently. If this happens, it means that I have achieved something in this life."

The interior began with the kitchen. Under the impression of Jules Verne's novel "20 thousand leagues under the sea" Ilya created a fabulous bathyscaphe - for 6 months he covered the refrigerator with genuine leather, painted, decorated. The result exceeded all expectations.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "The work is done by hand. The top part – it's brass - is there at the top of the pipe. My wife says it's like a periscope - food is watching us through this periscope."

There are no materials for the "steampunk" style in construction stores. Ilya, a biologist by education, had to master more than ten specialties to make the necessary items - he is a welder, a carpenter, a carpenter, a furrier, and an artist. Everything that his guests admire so much, the designer made with his own hands. Friends help with laser cutting of metal. And sometimes the master has to spoil new things to get, for example, a lamp. That's why the clock in his room goes in the opposite direction.

Ilya Zabagrin, designer: "I would like to create my own parallel universe. Everyone has the right to their own parallel universe. Each of us is the world. And I would like to stop time, and even turn it back."

The designer's wife treats her husband's hobby with understanding. She allowed him to decorate the room and kitchen in the spirit of "steampunk", but the bedroom in the apartment is decorated in the style of "Provence". But this is a completely different story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SDLyHPjZc#

Some lovely work there - his wife is very understanding! The clock/lights were great!

morozow

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2022, 10:04:39 am »
Gears, dials, metal bracelets are not just spare parts from wristwatches, but also materials for unusual creativity. A craftswoman from Chebarkul makes paintings, panels and decorates various objects in the steampunk technique. The artist was visited by the correspondent of GTRK "South Ural" Danil Rabush.

Steampunk originally appeared as a direction in literature. He was describing a fictional reality in which electricity never completely replaced steam engines, and Victorian-era fashion and technology continued to dominate. Steampunk gradually developed into a separate subculture.

Natalia Slezko works in this technique. He experiments and creates unusual compositions out of gears, keys and chainsaw chains.

— When everything is glued, it has a completely different color scheme, which does not tie into the overall color. Therefore, you have to stick it first, then spray paint it with bronze color and already tinted with gold.

A craftswoman in the Southern Urals creates paintings in the steampunk technique. Photo: GTRK "South Ural"
In the picture, the heart is locked. You can open it only by selecting a suitable key. And the other panel is completely made of clockwork parts and is called "Eternity of Time".

Whole rooms or even restaurants are decorated in this style. For example, one of the cafes in Moscow is completely decorated in steampunk technique.

Technically complex compositions can be viewed for hours — each element carries meaning.

"I would still like to somehow show my desire in creativity through some new technique, non-trivial, unbroken, that is, something that would arouse more interest," says Natalia Slezko, a member of the Union of Artists of Russia.

And even the most mundane things can inspire you to create another project.

"The steampunk technique is used not only in the creation of paintings, but also in the decor. For example, an ordinary bottle. Its base is made of women's tights and PVA glue, and then spray-painted. This strap is from old boots. And a little jewelry, edging and bracelets complement the composition," says the correspondent of GTRK "South Ural" Danil Rabush.

Natalia Slezko's work is already well known in her hometown. Now she plans to organize an exhibition in Chelyabinsk.

https://vk.com/video-10330641_456240741

morozow

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #305 on: March 31, 2022, 08:38:35 pm »
http://zovem.ru/event/prezentatsiya-stimpank-filma-hrustalnaya-skripka-97158

At the meeting of the literary club "Frontier", novelist, poet, screenwriter from St. Petersburg Nell White-Smith presents a short steampunk film "Crystal Violin" directed by Anatoly Kornilov.

The plot of which is based on the writer's short story of the same name from the collection "The Fox who painted the dawns". The film is a kind of introduction to the unique author's world of steam engines, creating from endless aggressive Chaos everything that exists under the man-made sun and the mechanical Moon.

The energy that feeds the Machines is the power of the souls of outstanding representatives of this universe: musicians and engineers, artists and executioners, lovers, scammers, villains and selfless heroes. The soul of each of them at the peak of the tension of the gift is taken away by an ancient demon Jeweler. He is equally dispassionately ready to destroy everyone whose soul is destined to the Machines of Creation. One of his goals is the main character of The Crystal Violin.

Roles performed: Dmitry Bozin, Mikhail Nakhimovich, Lera Miloslavskaya, Natalia Goncharova, Andrey Chulkov, Stanislav Kazaku, Yuri Stebakov, Pavel Rudkov, Elena Gromakova.

Movie page - https://vk.com/crystalviolifilm