The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 19, 2021, 09:15:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk in Russia  (Read 43960 times)
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2020, 10:40:19 pm »

I won't joke about masks and the virus.

https://www.facebook.com/DmitriyBraginMasks/

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2021, 08:56:56 pm »

An unusual museum-studio of local artist Konstantin Maltsev has opened in Kiviyli. Works in the steampunk style, when original things are created from waste technologies, are very popular.

"First of all, it is a pleasure. When you work, you are distracted from all thoughts. Well, the desire to create - to create something of your own, unusual, which then people will see, " said Konstantin Maltsev.

Five years ago, Konstantin Maltsev saw the works of other masters of this direction in Bulgaria. I also brought a whole bucket of old watches from there. These parts are still being used. Old chips are also in demand.

"Ideas come sometimes before going to bed, when you are almost asleep. And when I get up in the morning, I immediately write them down on paper, so as not to forget. Then I start to compose them, look for a framework, embody them, " the artist added.

Source and photos - https://rus.err.ee/1608075889/v-kiviyli-pojavilsja-muzej-studija-rabot-v-stile-stimpank
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2021, 10:04:47 am »

I won't joke about masks and the virus.

https://www.facebook.com/DmitriyBraginMasks/

Would love to see people's reaction when I get into the bus wearing this mask   Cheesy

morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2021, 10:40:19 pm »

I don't want to learn, I want to be creative: Kazan Youth Theater has staged a hip-hop comic in the style of Steampunk, but has radically updated the textbook play "Nedorosl", creating a performance that makes teenagers think about the future.

Director Norets-turned a textbook play, well-known to everyone in the school curriculum, into a hip-hop music comic. It is clear for what purpose - to contact the" target audience " - teenagers from 12 years and older.
No less significant contribution to the new reading of Noretz himself, who took on the duties of a set designer and designed the spectacle in the steampunk style. The features of this style stem from the following fantastic assumption: steam engines and other retro technologies have not disappeared, but have reached the highest development.

The speculative idea of steampunk will be replaced by a clear, visible understanding of it after watching "Nedorosl". Noretz developed the assumption of the existence of retro technology by theatrical means and created an artistically integral alternative world, where technological progress proceeds differently-there are no computers, mobile phones and artificial materials. But there are shimmering beer mugs, a mechanical exercise machine, a treadmill that is set in motion by rotating the handle, a mysterious video mod that occasionally switches the action to a cartoon format, as well as numerous interior items constructed from iron pipes and pressure gauges.

In all this, Norets is not a pioneer - in such aesthetics, many performances for children and young people have already been staged in Moscow. But the Kazan people have not seen such a thing yet.

If you are a theater-goer, you will always enjoy the creative personality of the favorite actors of the Kazan Youth Theater. However, some of them will have to be recognized with difficulty because of steampunk, which turned them into cyborgs-robots that combine mechanical and biological principles. First of all, this affected the actors who play positive characters, which are the most sketchy in Fonvizin - not so much live and act, but rather talk at length on moral and political topics and teach lessons in noble virtues.

For example, Pravdin (Pavel Gustov) has a bulky installation of lenses and light filters on his face; Starodum (Mikhail Merkushin) shakes a powerful iron hand; the brave officer Milon (Kamil Gataullin) glitters with a brass shoulder (he is the only one of all who is not afraid of friendly pats from Starodum); Taras Skotinin, Mitrofan's uncle (Ilfat Sadykov), appears in the image of a zombie rugby player, who has increased the volume of the body monstrous size; math teacher Tsy Firk Eun (Ilnur Garifullin) steps across the stage with a stiff, wired leg that looks like a bioprosthesis.

Without difficulty, in the role of Eremeyevna, Mitrofan's mother, in a cap decorated with gears, you can recognize Galina Yurchenko, and in Mrs. Prostakova with an iron index finger-the beautiful Elena Nenasheva. And only Vyacheslav Kazantsev, who plays henpecked Terenty Prostakov, is dressed plainly - in pants with suspenders and a shirt front, his bare shoulders, apparently, hint at how psychologically the dominant spouse is able to undress a man.

Most of the actors, apparently, enjoy frolicking in the proposed steampunk circumstances, especially a lot of applause (during the show on January 10) was broken by the duo of mathematician Tsy Firk Yn and literacy teacher Kuteikin (Niyaz Zinnatullin), then Adam Adamovich Vralman (Alexey Zilber) joined them and gave the heat.

But Pavel Gustov did not change his reserved, thoughtful manner of playing in a hip-hop performance. "At first I wasn't very comfortable with the metalwork on my face," he says, " but then I got over that part of the look. There was no great resistance. I believe that the theater as an institution, in principle, should not create a separate way of communication with teenagers."

But what stood out from the general dashing mood was the noble intonation, full of reverence for the original text of Fonvizin, with which Mikhail Merkushin uttered the remarks of Starodum (an honest businessman of the XVIII century). And this is not surprising, since the actor believes that the play of Norets should be called something else, so that " poor Fonvizin does not turn over in his grave, and the audience would understand that this is not the same "Nedorosl", but a play written by today's nedorosl".

Meanwhile, in the play, there is a separate, by the will of the director, acting ensemble, representing the "younger tribe" - this is the tailor Trishka (aka DJ Tri-fun; Yaroslav Katz), the nedorosl Mitrofan (aka rapper Mi-fun, Valery Antonov) and Sofia (Maria Mukhortova), who does not behave sedately, as befits a marriageable girl, but indulges with friends in the fun of adolescence on the shore of Lake Prostoe. All of them are opposed to the adult world, which is absurd in its pragmatism, and they do not look grotesque at all. Sofia is even romantic, despite the steampunk outfit: she is wearing a Victorian-era blouse, a corset that emphasizes femininity and grace; a skirt with a bustle in the form of multiple assemblies that give the figure pomp and volume.

morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2021, 09:09:48 pm »

Life returns, a small, amateur festival-Cthulhu-fest

On February 27, in Moscow, we will have a terrible sabbath, which will unite the worlds of steampunk and the father of horror Lovecraft.

Here you will be able to enjoy:

Live music from Mikhail" Tsar " Artishchev and musicians from such bands as, Eikumena, Captain Omar and Irish Parking.
LED fire show from the Hurakan collective
Instrumental music from the violin and cello duo!
Fair
Photo zone and the zone of burlesque!
A small exhibition of works and artifacts of steampunk worlds.
Board game modules on steampunk worlds and works of Lovecraft!
Lamp atmosphere, friendly communication and terrible Cthulhu!)

http://zovem.ru/event/ktulhu-fest-93299
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2021, 06:15:30 am »

I'd love to go, but... lockdown. Not that I couldn't get there, (if I could afford the highly inflated Covid air-fares) it's just that I wouldn't be allowed back!
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2021, 08:39:14 pm »

Don't get upset. It's just a little theme party. I hope there will be more weighty reasons to visit Russia.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2021, 10:00:28 am »

Mystique in the style of steampunk. The premiere of the play "Locis" was held in the Grodno Puppet Theater»

The production is based on the novel of the same name by Prosper Merime. The author of the play was Sergey Kovalev.

The action in the play takes place in the outback in the middle of the XIX century. The time of the industrial Revolution and significant scientific discoveries. Hence, by the way, the style of the performance – steampunk. Even before the actors appeared on the stage, you could feel the atmosphere of the scenery alone: they were stylized for the very steam era of the century before last.

Along with the scenery, the dolls, the actors ' costumes and, of course, the plot of the mystical production, where we are talking about lycanthropy – the ability of a person to turn into an animal, are captured.

As Oleg Jughda, the chief director of the Grodno Regional Puppet Theater, notes, the choice for the supernatural theme fell due to his own special predilection for mysticism. And the story "Locis" by Prosper Merime, he discovered as a child.

The climax of the production is an intriguing finale that will definitely surprise you. Spoiler for those who have not yet seen the performance, but are going to: it is different from the idea of Prosper Merime himself. Here all the cards will be revealed, and the viewer will find out who was the bear man.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #283 on: April 10, 2021, 06:54:51 pm »

Tulyak created a motorcycle "USSR" in the steampunk style

Tulyak Evgeny Grigoriev started assembling the vehicle "from scratch" half a year ago.

It all started with a metal hammer and sickle, which were lying around in his household. Further — more: metal sheets, copper and brass, and other details of the future masterpiece, which Eugene artificially aged, were used.

As a motor for the "iron horse", the master used an engine from a military generator from conservation.

As Evgeny notes, now the motorcycle is ready for 90%. He's going to take it for a little ride soon. Although he is not going to go to the city. The motorcycle, which took 150 thousand rubles to create, is rather an art object that is also on the move — this is its uniqueness.

СССР Мотоцикл-Времени
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2021, 05:00:34 am »

The action in the play takes place in the outback in the middle of the XIX century.
Excuse me, but what do you mean by the "outback"? To Australians, the outback is the bush and desert, with little signs of civilisation or people, especially not water, power, roads or sewage. There is no farming, no crops, nothing but the wild.

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2021, 09:17:22 am »

Tulyak created a motorcycle "USSR" in the steampunk style

Tulyak Evgeny Grigoriev started assembling the vehicle "from scratch" half a year ago.

It all started with a metal hammer and sickle, which were lying around in his household. Further — more: metal sheets, copper and brass, and other details of the future masterpiece, which Eugene artificially aged, were used.

As a motor for the "iron horse", the master used an engine from a military generator from conservation.

As Evgeny notes, now the motorcycle is ready for 90%. He's going to take it for a little ride soon. Although he is not going to go to the city. The motorcycle, which took 150 thousand rubles to create, is rather an art object that is also on the move — this is its uniqueness.

СССР Мотоцикл-Времени

I like it a lot, but would change a few things for personal taste, over all thumbs up from me.

Many thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 09:22:58 am by SeVeNeVeS » Logged

Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2021, 12:50:30 pm »

The action in the play takes place in the outback in the middle of the XIX century.
Excuse me, but what do you mean by the "outback"? To Australians, the outback is the bush and desert, with little signs of civilisation or people, especially not water, power, roads or sewage. There is no farming, no crops, nothing but the wild.

To be really technical, the ‘Outback’ is anything north and/or west of Bourke, NSW... I grew up in the Outback - about 30 km west of Tennant Creek. The nearest town was Alice Springs, 500 km to the south. There were flies there - lots and lots of flies... So. Many. Flies. So there was something out there!
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2021, 07:16:00 pm »

In Russian, outback, it means province. Although suspect and the province will be translated directly, without nuances.

This is just a piece of civilized territories inhabited by people, buildings and pets, but far (not necessarily geographically) from megacities and all sorts of new-fashioned and progressive things.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: