The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 16, 2019, 05:20:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk in Russia  (Read 25075 times)
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2019, 09:56:04 pm »

Role-playing festival ARFa. Cowboy steampunkas

The tradition of the Amur role-playing festival dates back 14 years — the first event of this scale was organized in 2005. Discussion of the upcoming season, the fencing tournament and the ball this year were held under the flag of mixing history and fantasy: the theme of the Harp was the Wild West, diluted steampunk.

Cabaret saloon " Steam heart, a team of engineers, inventors, a couple of mysterious Indians and civilians in anticipation of a Grand event: the town arrives famous all over America rich man. Is everything ready for his arrival? What will the visit of the guest of honor turn out to be? Isn't it time to bring order to the streets of the town?

Photo: https://asn24.ru/sova/camera/kovboyskiy-stimpank/

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2019, 12:25:10 am »

It's amazing, in our Northern Republic of Komi there is a nest of steampunkers.

In February, I told how pensioners are told about steampunk and gears , in the capital of this Republic - Syktyvkar.

And it turns out even further North, in the city of Ukhta is not the first year the club steampunk "Golden Age". And this is the third time they've held a festival.

Time travel. 3rd steampunk festival in Ukhta

March 23 you can plunge into the wonderful world of steampunk - the world of the steam age, consisting of amazing technologies and customs of the 19th century.

You will find a tea room with an open microphone, a prize draw, a show program, a fair of accessories and interesting things, cool photo zones, atmospheric locations and much more.

You will get to Covent garden square, famous for its bearded artists, visit a tour of the past and will be able to get Souvenirs from the century before last.

http://zovem.ru/event/puteshestvie-vo-vremeni-3-y-stimpank-festival-v-uhte-86111
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2019, 11:05:22 pm »

Founder of Ukhta steampunk club Oleg Andreev: "the World has become a one-time»

In Ukhta was held steampunk festival. Fans of alternative history and England of the XIX century from the club "Golden age" reincarnated in the characters of the time, organized a fair of themed accessories and sent visitors in 1856. The organizer of the event Oleg Andreev told BNC how the idea to promote paropank in Ukhta came, whether local youth are interested in this direction and why the club members create things and mechanisms themselves, and do not order on the Internet.

- What started your hobby?

- I got acquainted with steampunk ten years ago, in General I love science fiction, read countless authors, and here with paropank (steam = steam) I was hooked stronger than the others. XIX century is beautiful becoming masters in art, handicraft, industry and science, it is especially noticeable on the example of England. Complex mechanisms, calculating machines, steam computers and robots — humanity has made a huge leap in development, but at the same time still remained cultural and noble — there were ladies, gentlemen, manners — this has its own beauty.

- Most of the elements of costumes, decorations, mechanisms-made by you and other members of the club. Isn't it easier now to order all the attributes via the Internet?

- The world has become a one-time, and I want to do something about it, to use things that have aesthetic value, keep the soul invested by the master. This approach is especially important for steampunk. I really came in handy experience gained in the club of historical fencing. I understood how to work with leather, iron, learned to sew, knit.

One of the first major projects was the steam robot for the Cabinet role-playing game, of course, made clothes and accessories (goggle glasses, etc.). But a special pride is the airship. The work was difficult, I read a lot, looked to make not just a beautiful, but a working model.

The funny thing is that the airship, other artifacts, attributes are made of waste materials — something found on the street, friends brought unnecessary or broken things-like trash, but it then turns into unusual and beautiful things. Until now, I continue to study with the rest of the participants, and such joint creativity is what the club was created for.

- This festival is the third, in your opinion, has steampunk managed to gain popularity in Ukhta over the years?

- Unfortunately, there is no special interest, in General, there is little, catastrophically little, cultural events, creative activities. Young people do not know what to do, she is bored, then they leave at all. And the "Golden age" is an attempt to change something. During this time changed several line-UPS is fine, someone leaves, but still their stories about the steampunk interest the newcomers.

And now there is the backbone of, which can much. In this sense, this festival is the best proof. I had practically no relation to its organization, generally helped with suits and a requisite, and children thought over everything, arranged – it was very pleasant to watch them, I am very grateful to them.

https://www.bnkomi.ru/data/interview/92076/
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2019, 10:32:05 pm »

morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2019, 10:47:26 pm »

The full trailer for Russian steampunk-fantasy under the name "Abigail»

«Эбигейл». Первый трейлер. В прокате с 22 августа
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2019, 05:44:28 am »

Ooh I hope that one gets translated or subtitled.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2019, 09:57:27 am »

Ooh I hope that one gets translated or subtitled.

Like an honest man. We in Russia are skeptical of modern domestic films. We don't expect much from them. Although this film does not pretend to be a blockbuster.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2019, 11:00:11 pm »

In Ukhta today was a flashmob from steampunk club "Golden Age"

As far as I understood they just went to the Central square in their costumes and began to be photographed by passers-by.

here is photo - https://vk.com/album-54103007_262761978

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: