The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 27, 2021, 04:15:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: serching for an old movies name...  (Read 1067 times)
mizzarrogh
Gunner
Sweden Sweden

« on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:23 pm »

I am not sure if i put this in wrong category, but i am seraching for the name of an old black/white movie i hawe onle seen about 5 minutes of it, but as i remember it begin with a man on bord a ship that goes on ground and sink in a place full of sharks, the man see land and swims to what apears to look lika an island with a big castle, probably a vampire or something similar lives there as i remember.

Any one know what movie it can possible be?

Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »

'Island of Lost Souls' (1932) maybe?
The first film adaptation of the H. G. Wells novel 'The Island of Dr. Moreau'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUpE_aV9o98

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
mizzarrogh
Gunner
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 06:59:35 pm »

No i think it must hawe been another movie, but thank You anyway, i will watch this movie now!

in that movie, also an old B/W movie, i was thinking about, tha ship sunk in the beginning (probably due to a false lighthouse on the island?) and lot of passengers where eaten by sharks in the sea, the man who apears to be the only visible survivor, swimmed to the island and found a big black castle with a strange bronze handle depicting someting that looked like a womans body beeing prayed by a vampire or something, and he hearing the woice of a woman screaming. (i don´t know more since i hawe not seen the more of that movie).

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:06:07 pm »

This is building up to be  a potentially  fairly intriguing thread .

There is something familiar about this.  What  age  or era do you guess the film may have been made?  Where did you spy the clip?

Was a 30s  noir or a 50s b grade cult movie?

Tell us more !
jringling
Time Traveler
United States United States

convicted Rogue and Vagabond…long story…

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 11:39:48 pm »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052188/

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 06:40:32 am »

Now I will be looking up that one. It looks too good to miss.

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 12:31:48 pm »

Ah, Roger Corman; where would the movie industry be without him?

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 01:57:09 pm »

Unless the OP was watching on a monochrome set the fact that it was made in colour rules it out.
But just in case....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5L8EbvU_S8
mizzarrogh
Gunner
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 06:32:25 pm »

No, not that movie either, but thank You for the link!

It was on Swedish television in the middle of the night many years ago (sometimes they show some wery old movies), but my father came in and turned the TV off... Cheesy
It came to my mind when i was looking up some other old movies. (it´s not a swedish movie, possibly American or English due to the language (they does not dub the sound in movies here (except for small childrens movies), just translated undertexts, so i don´t think it was French at least... Cheesy ))

I am not sure when it´s made, but i guess before the 70, probably much earlier.

Unfortunatly The name of the movie is just like erased out of my head...  

Sometimes i enjoy watcing som old movies for loosly inspiration for various projest.  Smiley

I tried google it several houers, but i failed...

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 09:56:07 pm »

No, not that movie either, but thank You for the link!

It was on Swedish television in the middle of the night many years ago (sometimes they show some wery old movies), but my father came in and turned the TV off... Cheesy
It came to my mind when i was looking up some other old movies. (it´s not a swedish movie, possibly American or English due to the language (they does not dub the sound in movies here (except for small childrens movies), just translated undertexts, so i don´t think it was French at least... Cheesy ))

I am not sure when it´s made, but i guess before the 70, probably much earlier.

Unfortunatly The name of the movie is just like erased out of my head...  

Sometimes i enjoy watcing som old movies for loosly inspiration for various projest.  Smiley

I tried google it several houers, but i failed...

You will find it when you are looking for  another movie - guaranteed.  Wink Keep your eyes peeled , I have found movies after years of looking since childhood.

Black and white  would likely be pre 1965.  The horror theme sounds American but a few were made in England.   Probably 1950s / early 1960s.The Japanese made movies  of that genre  - but you would remember Asian actors.

ps In New Zealand  when I was a child we sometimes had Swedish movies with English subtitles.

mizzarrogh
Gunner
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 11:44:37 am »

Allright, but thank You wery much every one for Your help and tip for some other old movies!
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 10:36:26 am »

Allright, but thank You wery much every one for Your help and tip for some other old movies!

Don't give up your search  - and good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: