The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 20, 2021, 04:48:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kerka: Hun Goddess Or Fictional Goddess ?  (Read 1308 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: December 31, 2015, 01:04:01 am »

While reading  a episode of the roman-empire-in-space comic Scourge Of The God i stumble on the name Kerka reffering to the hun goddess of chaos. I tried to double check the information but google fail me. Any hun mythology expert out there to comfirm or infirm the ''existence'' of Kerka.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:50:32 am »

In the Central  / Eastern Europe there are references and place names  with similar spellings.  This lends credence to  a myth or legend.

Google under variations of the word KERKA.
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 04:10:07 am »

Dunno about a Hun goddess, but in the original Greek the name of Circe, enchantress, nymph and/or goddess of magic, would have been pronounced with hard C's - as Kirke (two syllables). Wonder if there's any connection?

In Greek mythology, Circe (/ˈsɜrsiː/; Greek Κίρκη Kírkē pronounced [kírkɛ͜ɛ]) is a goddess of magic (or sometimes a nymph, witch, enchantress or sorceress). By most accounts, Circe was the daughter of Helios, the god of the sun, and Perse, an Oceanid. Her brothers were Aeetes, the keeper of the Golden Fleece, and Perses. Her sister was Pasiphaë, the wife of King Minos and mother of the Minotaur.[1] Other accounts make her the daughter of Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft herself.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circe

Athanor

Vero vobis dico, qui quaerit, inveniet eius. Et saepius, parum volet.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
inezaltar
Swab

Portugal Portugal

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 12:29:19 pm »

I am not sure but I think she existed the Danielsson family of Sweden might know about her I think the Huns may have worshipped Hun-Dun Creator of Chaos and thereof the World this may even have meant they were the God-Devoted and not only Hunnu the People, Humanity, as in the now genocide victim in all likelihood pure Czechs the Bogumils
inezaltar
Swab

Portugal Portugal

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 12:33:15 pm »

There were Ephthalite Huns Greeks who accepted the Hun ideals for all Humanity and/or their Creator as Master notion
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:17 pm »

Any specific Danielsson family or should I just ask around?

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: