The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 27, 2021, 05:47:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantastic Armor Helmets  (Read 921 times)
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« on: October 19, 2015, 04:31:49 am »

Is it necessary for this to be in "Off Topic"? This is a link to an article about wonderful helmets from mostly the 16th and 17th century, which seems to have been the golden age of weird armor.

http://io9.com/the-weirdest-and-fiercest-helmets-from-the-age-of-armor-510686611?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

At the first steampunk convention that I ever attended I saw a couple of guys in helmets that looked like they came from Gwar's costume wardrobe. Helmets seem to have declined in popularity at subsequent local events. Too bad.

SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:50:44 pm »

There are quite a few with very intricate designs there, nice.

Thanks for the link, I have a steel replica Gladiator style helmet, which, someday, sometime, I intend to embellish a bit, this could give me some ideas. Bookmarked for the future.

Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 04:45:45 am »

Doesn't it just blow one's mind at the level of craftsmanship that was achieved back then!
The repousse is astonishing.

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:39:21 pm »

Some great helmets.  Nice find.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print