I made this last year, and in the period I was working on it, my body shape changed quite a bit (damn medications), and it no longer fit so I cast it aside.
Today in a fit of insomnia, I decided to pick it up again and begin making alterations. It fits! The only necessary additions now are cosmetic details.
Outer Fabric: Green silk satin and brocade
Lining: Industrial denim
Boning: Synthetic Whalebone, plastic dress boning, and lumber strapping
Notions: Gold ribbon, frog closure, interfacing in front panels.
The front closure is a zipper rather than a busk, for ease of use and economy.
The back laces up, but still needs a lot of work to look presentable, so no pictures of that yet.
The pattern I created myself from Victorian and Edwardian corset shapes. Sadly it doesn't lace as tightly as I'd like, I'm going to take it in a few inches.
It wasn't designed to be worn over a shirt, but I didn't think lingerie pictures were appropriate to post here
Also, the open top with the inset was a happy accident... I originally made the bust too small, but decided I preferred it that way. So it's not totally
On to the pictures!
Long shot, blurry but shows the color well:
Closeup of brocade inset and frog closure: