The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 25, 2019, 11:32:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomita: Classic Music Meets Early Electronic Music  (Read 586 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:54:51 pm »

What a sound ! :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvQQMrEUzQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBb7-He4o5E

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpipqonSDxo

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:59:48 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 11:22:42 am »

I remember as a kid in the 70's my Dad purchasing the all new tech.......stereophonic.

Tomita, Jean Michel Jarre and Kraftwerk were the test pieces along with BBC sound effects.

We would sit on the floor for hours in the middle of the speakers, OOooh!.... did you hear that on the left channel etc etc.......

I dunno, kids today and thier playbox thingies, wheres the fun in shooting sh!t out of Zombies?  Grin

Burgess Shale
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 07:10:43 pm »

Tomita's work never fails to astound me. While searching for his music on Youtube, I discovered other electronic composers from about the same time, such as Roger Roger, also known as Cecil Leuter and Eric Swan. Some of his music was used for animated cartoons in France. The album art often uses late 19th century advertising images. His music runs the gamut from silly to exotic and serious.

Dean of the Department of Palaeontology at the American Institute of Natural History and Decorative Arts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: