The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 21, 2020, 04:30:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go WTF? MkII  (Read 60398 times)
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #950 on: October 02, 2019, 04:49:34 am »

Apparently nothing weird happened in September.

Anyway, to start off October:

CBC reports that two people entered a St. John's, NL, Pet Zone and made off with hundreds of dollars worth of bull penises.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/thieves-on-the-lam-with-bull-penis-dog-treats-says-st-john-s-pet-store-owner-1.5304595

Were the thieves taking the "Pizz(el)" or just being cocky?

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #951 on: October 02, 2019, 05:13:06 am »

that's kinda a dick move.

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #952 on: October 03, 2019, 12:00:17 pm »

On which days will you be at the comedy club?  Cheesy

von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #953 on: November 17, 2019, 06:08:44 am »

A year ago the Canadian government legalized marijuana. Since then the Government of Ontario has lost $42 million selling pot.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #954 on: January 10, 2020, 05:31:21 pm »

So, after loosing my job back in September, I was forced to sign onto Universal Credit (the piece of sh*t system our useless govt. are forcing people to use in order to receive basically ANY benefit) in order to receive unemployment benefits. Now, after a couple of months I found a new job, which I started about a month ago, and which I declared (twice!) so as to avoid any problems and because I would no longer need the money from benefits in order to keep a roof over my head etc.

I checked my email just now and found an email from the system to tell me I need to do something in order to receive my payments, which I thought was weird since I'm now not claiming. But, since I've experience of how useless these people are, I just assumed there had been a mistake somewhere, and I'd just need to provide the details of my new job. However, when I logged into my account, I found that I have a payment scheduled next week for £0.00.  Huh Huh Huh Huh

I mean WTF? I don't need the money (even if there actually was any due), and I'm supposed to do what? In order to get nothing?

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #955 on: January 10, 2020, 05:59:03 pm »

They have got it right.
You don´t need the money as you have a job, so the payment amount was correctly set to zero.

As a rule they cannot do anything without getting on yout T*** so they have to bother you with something.

Here goes.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #956 on: February 05, 2020, 12:44:00 am »

So, after loosing my job back in September, I was forced to sign onto Universal Credit (the piece of sh*t system our useless govt. are forcing people to use in order to receive basically ANY benefit) in order to receive unemployment benefits. Now, after a couple of months I found a new job, which I started about a month ago, and which I declared (twice!) so as to avoid any problems and because I would no longer need the money from benefits in order to keep a roof over my head etc.

I checked my email just now and found an email from the system to tell me I need to do something in order to receive my payments, which I thought was weird since I'm now not claiming. But, since I've experience of how useless these people are, I just assumed there had been a mistake somewhere, and I'd just need to provide the details of my new job. However, when I logged into my account, I found that I have a payment scheduled next week for £0.00.  Huh Huh Huh Huh

I mean WTF? I don't need the money (even if there actually was any due), and I'm supposed to do what? In order to get nothing?

It'd be awesome if you get a printed cheque for £0 in the mail!  Grin
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #957 on: February 05, 2020, 10:47:43 am »

A year ago the Canadian government legalized marijuana. Since then the Government of Ontario has lost $42 million selling pot.

Did they overspend on office snack foods...?

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: