The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 16, 2018, 09:21:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go WTF? MkII  (Read 35858 times)
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #775 on: July 03, 2018, 06:13:55 pm »

Speaking of plastic bags . . . .

Here in British Columbia, Canada, our recyclables (except glass) are collected at curbside every two weeks, but they don't accept plastic bags. However they insist that all recyclables be packed in large, specially manufactured plastic bags . . . .

Athanor.

I wish we had recycling sorted out like they do in Japan. Best six months of my life, as far as recycling goes.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #776 on: July 03, 2018, 08:34:49 pm »

Do you have plastic bags at home where you put other plastic bags for reuse?

I'm not sure what you mean... We keep our reusable bags folded under the kitchen counter. All the bags are the reusable type. Because we reuse the bags, we don't need so many. Therefore, the bags take very little space

It looks something like this.

You go shopping. There you receive (buy) a package. You keep it in another bag at home. You can go back to this package in the store or pack something in it or use it as a package for a trash can. However, packages tend to accumulate faster than they are used.

This is considered a national Russian / Soviet habit.

How are you?

Our bags are a bit thicker than those at the bottom photograph. Our bags look like the white and blue bag in the 2nd photograph. We only buy them if we need them while at the supermarket. Otherwise, we always take our own bags. City laws forbid the sale of single-use bags, but they will sell you a reusable bag for $0.25. At home, we just fold the bags neatly, and place them under the kitchen counters. We don't really accumulate that many. Perhaps we have less than one half of those bags you show. And we are 3 people living in one house.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:40:07 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged

morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #777 on: July 03, 2018, 09:50:11 pm »

Our bags are a bit thicker than those at the bottom photograph. Our bags look like the white and blue bag in the 2nd photograph. We only buy them if we need them while at the supermarket. Otherwise, we always take our own bags. City laws forbid the sale of single-use bags, but they will sell you a reusable bag for $0.25. At home, we just fold the bags neatly, and place them under the kitchen counters. We don't really accumulate that many. Perhaps we have less than one half of those bags you show. And we are 3 people living in one house.

We have thick bags too. And these, thin, they are considered disposable. To get to the house. I try to carry a string bag (avoska). It is now almost not used.  Comfortable and stylish.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #778 on: July 03, 2018, 11:11:41 pm »

We have (at present) in my shire a two bin system - one for food and non-recyclable hard waste, collected weekly, and one for recyclable waste, collected fortnightly. As I live in the "poorest" (least rate-able income) shire in the state there isn't the money available for three bin collections as in some other areas. Some single use bags are made of recycled plastic, and are themselves recyclable.

On the other hand, if you have a property outside town boundaries you can burn your rubbish and only put in the non-recycle bin what can't realistically be burnt. Most rural properties have their own 'tip' site for non-recyclable hard waste - a godsend for future archaeologists! My property backs on to the town boundary, so in theory, I could have an incinerator over the back fence - but as that is someone else's land I can't do that!

Once-upon-a-time in the good old days, every house had a 44 gallon drum incinerator, or a bonfire heap in the back yard which did double-duty as the cracker-night bonfire. Now that private fireworks are banned in all states except the NT, even the bonfire is redundant!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:16:21 pm by Banfili » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #779 on: July 03, 2018, 11:59:48 pm »

We have (at present) in my shire a two bin system - one for food and non-recyclable hard waste, collected weekly, and one for recyclable waste, collected fortnightly. As I live in the "poorest" (least rate-able income) shire in the state there isn't the money available for three bin collections as in some other areas. Some single use bags are made of recycled plastic, and are themselves recyclable.

On the other hand, if you have a property outside town boundaries you can burn your rubbish and only put in the non-recycle bin what can't realistically be burnt. Most rural properties have their own 'tip' site for non-recyclable hard waste - a godsend for future archaeologists! My property backs on to the town boundary, so in theory, I could have an incinerator over the back fence - but as that is someone else's land I can't do that!

Once-upon-a-time in the good old days, every house had a 44 gallon drum incinerator, or a bonfire heap in the back yard which did double-duty as the cracker-night bonfire. Now that private fireworks are banned in all states except the NT, even the bonfire is redundant!

That is such a contrast between us. Not that it's illegal to burn trash, per se, but most suburban areas fall under strict environmental protection laws that would make the burning of most packaging materials illegal. What you can burn (if at all) will be thungs like tree leaves and such, but with a hot climate like ours and with as many trees as we have that also becomes illegal within city limits.

In fact, even fireworks are illegal with Austin City limits this 4th of July (tomorrow) except in certain designated areas such as over "Lake Austin" (one of 5 dams in the Colorado River)
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #780 on: July 04, 2018, 06:22:16 am »

Well, instead of 'Summer' we have 'Fire Season', so for six months of the year there are fire restrictions - no outdoor flame/fires at all without permission, and, when they happen usually with a fire truck present! The environmental issue, i.e., smoke, is a secondary consideration.

The farmers burn what they can't otherwise dispose of, and as many of them are off the grid for the garbage trucks there isn't a lot else they can do with their burnable rubbish. Some do have woolsacks for recycling, and either bring 'em down to town to the local tip, or have a truck haul themselves all the way up the mountains and all the way back down again.
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #781 on: July 13, 2018, 05:03:25 am »

A few nights ago I left my spare handbrain (smartphone) running an app that vibrates periodically. When I went to bed the phone was face up on the desk. When I got up it was face down on the floor, half way across the room, with the cord stretched taut behind it. Huh (Not really a WTF, as I have a fair idea how it happened, but still...)

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #782 on: July 13, 2018, 09:40:08 am »

A few nights ago I left my spare handbrain (smartphone) running an app that vibrates periodically. When I went to bed the phone was face up on the desk. When I got up it was face down on the floor, half way across the room, with the cord stretched taut behind it. Huh (Not really a WTF, as I have a fair idea how it happened, but still...)

I think that is quite funny - maybe your 'handbrain' is trying to run away from you, & escape to freedom!  Grin
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #783 on: July 13, 2018, 12:24:25 pm »

I think that is quite funny - maybe your 'handbrain' is trying to run away from you, & escape to freedom!  Grin

Handbrain? You're a member of the Ood race in Dr. Who?
von Corax
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

« Reply #784 on: July 13, 2018, 05:28:53 pm »

Handbrain? You're a member of the Ood race in Dr. Who?

Actually, I stole borrowed the term from Howard Tayler's webcomic Schlock Mercenary.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #785 on: August 07, 2018, 11:35:20 pm »

As many here are aware, I am a landlord with a small number of properties. In one area where I have five properties, the local council has pushed through a new mandatory license scheme for private landlords, and all but one landlord has loudly claimed it is all just a money grab by the Council to fill their very low cash reserves.

Well today I had to agree with it being a cash grab when during a phone call with an employee at the council, I was informed the cost was £780 PER PROPERTY!!  Shocked Angry

I actually swore at the bloke because I was so enraged. I won't repeat what I said and called the Councillors , but it was quite offensive (and to be honest I was actually trying REALLLLLY hard to keep the language toned down). I nearly had an aneurysm when he mentioned the other fees involved. So my offensive comments could have been a LOT worse.

I did apologise to the guy, it was not his fault, however judging by his reaction it was not the first time he had had that response - probably gets it several times a day...

In the end it is going to cost me around £3900 per year for just the license, let alone the fact I also have to attend various related and council run "workshops and seminars" at around £150 a pop, AND I also have to be a member of the 'National Landlord Association', at another £90 or so.  Thing is, I have to LIVE OFF THIS MONEY as it's my only income, and this is seriously going to strain my finances for at least the next five years the scheme is currently set to run for. I don't have the money to waste on crap like this.

I'm not kidding - I can earn more just working at McDonanlds than I do right now.  WTF!?....  Roll Eyes

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
von Corax
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

« Reply #786 on: August 08, 2018, 02:52:22 am »

How often are municipal elections in your part of the world?
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #787 on: August 08, 2018, 01:37:38 pm »

As many here are aware, I am a landlord with a small number of properties. In one area where I have five properties, the local council has pushed through a new mandatory license scheme for private landlords, and all but one landlord has loudly claimed it is all just a money grab by the Council to fill their very low cash reserves.

Sorry to pry. But perhaps you'd like to answer my tactless question.

This new local Council money fee, it's above and beyond taxes, isn't it?

And how much income brings the delivery of real estate in Britain? And what are the main costs?

Renting 5 apartments in Moscow, would bring about $ 2,000 per month. If he's not sharing with the government.
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #788 on: August 08, 2018, 11:58:52 pm »

I'm not kidding - I can earn more just working at McDonanlds than I do right now.  WTF!?....  Roll Eyes

My Dear Skumins -
i can suggest the following:
1) Open letters to the editor of the remaining newspapers
2) Open Online Letters via websites
3) Start your own "the council is killing us" website

and finally:
Z) vote with your feet and your money -

clearly the councils are out of touch and resorting to the "fall of rome" techniques.
I would personally start looking into selling out, and investing elsewhere. You might just make a killing by selling to new owners.
and frankly, moving to a warmer and less taxing place.
I know of quite a few expat Brits who bailed out entirely and are living the dream in southern France or Spain.

yhs
prof (bailed out and living the dream in the great southwest mountains/deserts of new mexico) marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #789 on: August 09, 2018, 05:51:53 am »

How often are municipal elections in your part of the world?

Usually fairly regular, however it makes no difference as the political party in charge of running the council has a LOOOONG history of being in charge in this area. Pretty much 99% of the time... Nothing is going to change soon - although the council did just spend over £1M fitting new carpets to the civic centre, because.......REASONS!  I won't even mention the circa £800,000 pound waste of money on a new TEMPORARY carpark that NOBODY IS USING!!  GARRRGHHHH!   Undecided

You see it was once all about local industry (a massive part of the North of England) and the workers in those industries voting to protect themselves. However these days it is more to do with the work-shy hordes on financial benefits who will vote for whoever keeps them in more money, and those who for whatever reason have always voted that way, so will continue to do so regardless.

Trying not to get too political on this one, so I will back away now...

Sorry to pry. But perhaps you'd like to answer my tactless question.

This new local Council money fee, it's above and beyond taxes, isn't it?

And how much income brings the delivery of real estate in Britain? And what are the main costs?

Renting 5 apartments in Moscow, would bring about $ 2,000 per month. If he's not sharing with the government.

Yes, this fee is in addition to the taxes already paid. Basically it's "pay this money, or you can not rent your property at all", so Landlords can either pay up, or sell up.

If I follow your question correctly, you are asking about property value and / or rent costs and average income, yes?

Like most things in life, the value is dictated by location. This is not a particularly affluent area, but it's not a crime ridden sh*t-hole either, the property prices are pretty average for most northern areas of the UK. Average purchase price of a terraced three bedroom house is around £120,000 to £160,000 depending on condition etc. Just one mile up the road (literally 1 mile!) the house prices more than double for a similar size property...

Rental income for a ground floor apartment with one or two bedrooms is around £380 P/M unfurnished, a three / four bedroom 1st floor / upper apartment is around £460 - £480 P/M unfurnished. So five average properties would be around £2,200 per month (around $2,834 US).

However out of that money there is Income Tax to pay (20%), each property legally requires buildings insurance (not contents), annual Gas Safety test, maintenance costs, etc. So the actual remaining income is quite a lot less.  Also there are other costs involved if any of the properties becomes vacant, the gas and electric bills and Council (property) Tax are all immediately payable by the landlord.

My Dear Skumins -
i can suggest the following:
1) Open letters to the editor of the remaining newspapers
2) Open Online Letters via websites
3) Start your own "the council is killing us" website

and finally:
Z) vote with your feet and your money -

clearly the councils are out of touch and resorting to the "fall of rome" techniques.
I would personally start looking into selling out, and investing elsewhere. You might just make a killing by selling to new owners.
and frankly, moving to a warmer and less taxing place.
I know of quite a few expat Brits who bailed out entirely and are living the dream in southern France or Spain.

yhs
prof (bailed out and living the dream in the great southwest mountains/deserts of new mexico) marvel

Yeah, already thought about selling up, problem is I would end up with a single great property and half my current income, but in a better area, or just about squeeze two not so great properties, with slightly over half of my current income, but in a not as great street in the same better area...   Oh and I would have to pay a 5% tax on the cost of the property I purchase.  Roll Eyes

Annoyingly I can make more income from these lesser value properties. However it only applies to this area due to it's location near the city centre and travel links.

Thing is, I know most landlords will simply increase their rents to try to pay for the additional cost of the licence on each property. Tenants are going to see an average rise of around £45 per month, which will suddenly make this quite an expensive area to rent in.

I have more to grumble about regarding what I have to do to comply with the licence, but I will have to keep that for another day.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #790 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:05 am »

Rental income for a ground floor apartment with one or two bedrooms is around £380 P/M unfurnished, a three / four bedroom 1st floor / upper apartment is around £460 - £480 P/M unfurnished. So five average properties would be around £2,200 per month (around $2,834 US).

Wow. £380 = $489 USD at the moment. That is a bargain compared to Austin, where in low rent areas it's no less that $600 for 2 bedroom 2 bath in an area where you'd be afraid to walk at night. For areas that are safe to walk at night, like where college students and professors live, the rent for the same 2 bedroom 2 bath is about $1200-$1300 USD. Double that for a high end spot in the west part of town, with an apartment that is furnished with wooden floors, double width doors, granite counters, brand new cooking-show quality appliances and a hot neighbour driving a Jaguar.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #791 on: August 09, 2018, 05:47:13 pm »

around here, for the next 40 miles in radius, a one or two bedroom apartment is a minimum of $1200 no utilities included (likely 300 for heat, electric and internet most of the time), and that's in the run down areas where you'll find heroin needles on the ground outside and your car broken into some mornings.

but while rent in this area sucks, property taxes... i remember talking to a guy in the south when traveling and he was upset by property taxes of less than 600$ a year for a 65000$ house. and showed me the info on an online tax calculator. I took the keyboard and laughingly entered the same property value (which was generous of me, because 65000$ wouldn't buy you a portapotty in a compact car parking space around here)... "F#$%^ that!" was his general response. it was about 6000$/year.

Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #792 on: August 09, 2018, 11:22:22 pm »

What-Ho - It's RovingJack!

good to see you still around!

yhs
prof marvel
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #793 on: August 10, 2018, 12:44:48 am »

around here, for the next 40 miles in radius, a one or two bedroom apartment is a minimum of $1200 no utilities included (likely 300 for heat, electric and internet most of the time), and that's in the run down areas where you'll find heroin needles on the ground outside and your car broken into some mornings.

but while rent in this area sucks, property taxes... i remember talking to a guy in the south when traveling and he was upset by property taxes of less than 600$ a year for a 65000$ house. and showed me the info on an online tax calculator. I took the keyboard and laughingly entered the same property value (which was generous of me, because 65000$ wouldn't buy you a portapotty in a compact car parking space around here)... "F#$%^ that!" was his general response. it was about 6000$/year.

I'm absolutely GLUED to the screen of my computer looking at the costs of living in Mexico, and the general (good) physical appearance of that country over the @KineticKennons YouTube channel. I'm sorry, but I'm questioning a lot of things now that I took for granted in the last 30 years, besides the obvious (Medical expenses/insurance costs). And I'm flabbergasted to see how little I get in return for my 6-day a week job here in TX.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #794 on: August 10, 2018, 12:50:13 am »

I'm absolutely GLUED to the screen of my computer looking at the costs of living in Mexico, and the general (good) physical appearance of that country over the @KineticKennons YouTube channel. I'm sorry, but I'm questioning a lot of things now that I took for granted in the last 30 years, besides the obvious (Medical expenses/insurance costs). And I'm flabbergasted to see how little I get in return for my 6-day a week job here in TX.

What-Ho - It's RovingJack!

good to see you still around!

yhs
prof marvel

Likewise. Glad to heaar from you, Rovingjack, though I know it's been rough for you lately (Dragon tamers thread).
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #795 on: August 10, 2018, 12:54:18 am »

The prices I listed above are for the North-East of the UK, now the further south you go, generally the higher the costs. So the same three bed terraced house I mentioned above would pull a rent income around £500 to £550 PCM (per calendar month) in this area.

The exact same building in the South of the country, say London, now the price would be around £2,000 to £4,000 PCM depending on location. In the posh inner city areas, well you would be talking around £10,000+ PCM.

My new WTF moment: reading up on the requirements of the landlord licence.   Roll Eyes

In the UK publicly accessible places and places of work are required to perform periodic electrical safety testing of portable equipment (basically anything with a plug or is not hardwired into the buildings electrical system), this is known as "PAT testing". Typically the period between tests depends on the electrical class of the item, and the level of risk (something involving water, "class 1" being the highest risk), so most things are 2 - 4 years between retests. This is only required in workplace environments, public areas or shared accommodation (shared house / room accommodation, hotels, B&Bs etc), there are no legal requirements for privately rented accommodation to have landlord supplied electrical items checked (eg toaster, microwave oven etc.).  

I am now required as part of the licence conditions to PAT test all electrical items I supply in the properties YEARLY.  Angry

Yearly testing would only be a RECOMMENDATION on something like an industrial washing machine, HOWEVER the law simply requires an employer to ensure that their electrical equipment is maintained in order to prevent danger. It does not say how this should be done or how often.  The Health & Safety Executive (the Gov. body that stands between idiots and a Darwin award) provides no set rule on PAT testing frequency, only that testing should be done regularly to ensure preventative maintenance.

There are no legal requirements AT ALL for landlords, and the recommended period is 2 - 4 years depending on equipment, though something handheld and used often or in contact with water is recommended at 1 - 2 years.  I'm not against safety testing electrical equipment I supply, however I do have an issue with excessive testing periods that will cost me £45 to £80 per property for NO GOOD REASON!

with all the other mandatory exams, training courses etc. that I am also required to do each year, the financial cost to me is fast approaching the value of rent of an entire property each year!  I really can't afford that sort of financial loss!!  Angry

Wana know something REALLY twisted about this whole PAT testing thing?  You don't even need to be electrically qualified to do PAT testing!  NOPE, £80 and a one day training course, or an online exam will get you a printed certificate that makes you a "qualified" "competent person" who can now buy a roughly £200 PAT testing device and start testing at £80 a pop. That is all that is required. Roll Eyes

........F**k IT - I might as well get myself qualified and buy a second hand tester off FleaBay, get it calibrated, and I'm all set to do my own. It will still save me money over the next five years of the licence duration (which I bet they will extend).  Undecided
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #796 on: August 10, 2018, 01:24:52 am »

The prices I listed above are for the North-East of the UK, now the further south you go, generally the higher the costs. So the same three bed terraced house I mentioned above would pull a rent income around £500 to £550 PCM (per calendar month) in this area.

The exact same building in the South of the country, say London, now the price would be around £2,000 to £4,000 PCM depending on location. In the posh inner city areas, well you would be talking around £10,000+ PCM.

Well, London is a Mega City (or do they call them "Alpha Cities" now?) like Mexico City. So I absolutely believe that the upper margins of real estate costs are ludicrously high.  That's precisley while the price of the two properties that my grandfather built in the 1970s (which he sold when we moved) in the suburbs of Mexico State (a province surrounding Mexico City) blew up to $2.5 million USD (not Pesos) *a piece* by 2013. One look at the city, and you realize it's doubled in size since the 1980s, so the 1970s era "southwestern suburbs"  outside of the capital proper are now even closer to downtown Mexico City that the super fancy high tech areas built in the Southwest *inside city territory.* Being so close to downtown while living in a "green belt" residential area (no commercial buildings, heavily forested area), means that if you own one of those properties you are sitting on something better than a gold mine.

Wana know something REALLY twisted about this whole PAT testing thing?  You don't even need to be electrically qualified to do PAT testing!  NOPE, £80 and a one day training course, or an online exam will get you a printed certificate that makes you a "qualified" "competent person" who can now buy a roughly £200 PAT testing device and start testing at £80 a pop. That is all that is required.  Roll Eyes

........F**k IT - I might as well get myself qualified and buy a second hand tester off FleaBay, get it calibrated, and I'm all set to do my own. It will still save me money over the next five years of the licence duration (which I bet they will extend).   Undecided

And I'm betting that is exactly what you'll do... get licensed I mean, and do your own testing. I'd do the same.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #797 on: August 11, 2018, 03:04:13 am »

And I'm betting that is exactly what you'll do... get licensed I mean, and do your own testing. I'd do the same.

Actually, today I had a somewhat pain in the arse tenant bring up the GDPR regulations in regards to their personal data and the subsequent use of it. Basically revoking certain rights for me to use it. That pretty much tipped me over the edge...

Now heavily considering selling the five properties and trying to buy another two in a better area. I may look into handing them over to a property management  company, they can deal with all the GDPR bullshit, and the management costs will be less than the cost of the licences for the current five properties.

Pretty much sick of this now...
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #798 on: August 11, 2018, 09:49:03 pm »

Actually, today I had a somewhat pain in the arse tenant bring up the GDPR regulations in regards to their personal data and the subsequent use of it. Basically revoking certain rights for me to use it. That pretty much tipped me over the edge...

Now heavily considering selling the five properties and trying to buy another two in a better area. I may look into handing them over to a property management  company, they can deal with all the GDPR bullshit, and the management costs will be less than the cost of the licences for the current five properties.

yup. it sounds harsh but unfortunately it all comes down to cost/benefit analysis. at some point it swings "the wrong way" for you.
a friend of mine owned apartments in chicago. he got sick of the damage/repair/grief/dealing with morons.... , sold out, moved to new mexico, and now owns a hardware store.
cheaper costs here, much less "grief".
he & his wife really are much happier now.

yhs
prof marvel
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:13:54 pm by Prof Marvel » Logged
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #799 on: August 12, 2018, 02:30:34 am »

Now heavily considering selling the five properties and trying to buy another two in a better area. I may look into handing them over to a property management  company, they can deal with all the GDPR bullshit, and the management costs will be less than the cost of the licences for the current five properties.

Here goes...

Decent people (even if they are unemployed, low paid workers, disabled, got kids and/or even have a pet) do need LLs like you, to counter balance the current situation though.

You are doing one hell of a job and I'm grateful (for LLs like yourself, in the past).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:46:19 am by Mercury Wells » Logged

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: