The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 24, 2019, 09:36:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go WTF? MkII  (Read 53282 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #750 on: May 17, 2018, 10:31:59 pm »

From lawyers in Manhattan to homeless people in Austin... More things that presage the end of humanity.

Today in the news :
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44152533

New York based Lawyer at a Manhattan coffee shop has a racist meltdown, threatening to call immigration officers on employees who are speaking in Spanish to customers, accusing the employees of living off "welfare" then casually fat shames a customer eating a sandwich.

Video gone viral, law firm probably at an end.

He was upset to hear Spanish spoken in Manhattan!?!

Sadly, this is more common than you think. A couple of weeks ago the same happened to me. Except that the person having the meltdown was a homeless woman in the bus who was upset I was speaking Spanish to the driver. She left the bus. But the following day came back to berate the bus driver for being "an illegal"

Bus drivers, being public workers are protected under state laws. The driver called the police. The police came and the homeless woman spat on the face of police officer and then kicked him... Got a free ride to jail downtown...  Roll Eyes

Years ago when I was States-side with a couple of my friends (all of us from Slovenia), we had a woman walk up to us and yell at us while we were sitting in a park and talking to each other in Slovene.

"SHUT UP! THIS IS MERICA!"

We just laughed in her face until she lost it and left.

Apparently, people have started recognising this idiot from the posted video. This is not his "first rodeo" so to speak. Former college colleagues and the like say they're not surprised. In 2016 he intentionally ran into a couple walking on the pavement (sidewalk) of the street and similarly accused the man of being a "f****ing ugly foreigner " and threatened him with calling immigration services. The problem is that the victim is a white American born in Massachusetts...  The victim filmed the encounter

CNN has a video of last year's incident :
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/05/17/us/new-york-man-restaurant-ice-threat/index.html

Sadly, this is more common than you think. A couple of weeks ago the same happened to me. Except that the person having the meltdown was a homeless woman in the bus who was upset I was speaking Spanish to the driver. She left the bus. But the following day came back to berate the bus driver for being "an illegal"

Bus drivers, being public workers are protected under state laws. The driver called the police *snip*

She was possibly mentally ill- that's the reason that many "homeless" ARE homeless.  If so, hopefully she can get some help for her otherwise inexcusable behavior...

But its so sad that racial hate has percolated all the way down to the homeless and mentally ill.

I will tell you one thing:  I'll be damned if I'm going to be discriminated by a homeless vagrant. I don't care if they are mentally ill or not.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:42:08 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #751 on: May 21, 2018, 10:03:41 pm »

Ah My Dear J -

ordinary "intolerant wackadoodle" encourged by the "current puppet in chief"
    and
homeless mental cases

One of 'Merica's ongoing issues stems from Uncle Ronnie Reagan's Cost Savings drive - closing the publically funded mental institutions and throwing
the treatable mental case out onto the street. This has caused a constant cycle that follows the below pattern:

- homeless mental case (referred to hereafter as HMC)  has melt-down in public
- unsuspecting citizens are assaulted, possibly batteried ( battered?) *** (see below)

- police are called, injuries may occur
- HMC arrested and incarcerated
- various injuries attended to for all parties
- HMC evaluated , usually referred to local hospital/instituiton

-Local insitution recognizes HMC as a regular, gets HMC cleaned up, "dired out" and back on their meds
-after HMC is "stablized" and now "normal", local hospital has no facility to keep or refer HMC to.
      local hospital is required by law to release HMC, who has no resources, no help, no friends, and nowhere to go.
- HMC returns to street life, runs out of meds and cycle repeats.

worst case scenario leads to HMC eventually running totally amock and getting killed by street thugs or cops trying to protect the public.
Sometimes this becomes the well known scenario " suicide by cop"

***                         fyi, legally "assault" is to approach another citizen with malice, or to menace;
                              legally "battery" is to make physical contact.
                              usually battery consists of hitting someone, but MERELY TOUCHING another person is legally "battery".

------------------------
I just saw this in action whilst getting Mrs Marvel admitted to the local horspital end of april with pamonia.

- Male Street Wacakadoodel ( a variation of HMC) walked into ER, into Ladies restroom and began to cut himself.
- Unfortunate Hijinks ensued.
- Hospital security was swift, well trained and safely disarmed and restrained HMC and took him to the back in restraints to follow above flowchart.

On a further note, after 3 weeks in horspistol, Mrs Marvel is now home and relieved of a lung abcess (who knows how long she had it)
that caused pamonia and pluralsy and lordy knows what all else.
All better now :-), healing up Marvel-ously.

yhs
prof marvel
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:03:48 pm by Prof Marvel » Logged

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #752 on: May 21, 2018, 11:01:25 pm »

We just laughed in her face until she lost it and left.

And that is SO OFTEN the best retort!

yhs
prof marvel
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #753 on: May 22, 2018, 12:11:40 am »

Here's my WTF-

I had an amusing experience last friday, whilst mrs marvel was stable and well-watched over in ICU, I left the horspital
for an hour to shop at wally world to get a few snacks she could eat ( oddly wallyworld actually have some organic gluten free stuff,
like quality applesauce in single serving containers)  and a mattress pad for myself  ( the hospital was very accomodating, and
let me stay overnight and sleep on a fold-out chair-bed, but the mattress was a bit thin for my back).

At any rate, after parking about 200 yards from the entrance, I heard a woman yell
                  "help me he stole my purse",
and I percieved a young man running hellbent for leather in my direction chased by 2 or 3 other young men. .....

The perp yelled "outa my way" at a middle-age feller .... who complied......

something just clicked in my head .... ( ie: oh no you don't! ) ....
apparently I loudly yelled "stop thief" several times( according to others)  
and without thinking at all I ran full on towards said perp....

Perp yelled "I got a gun man!" .....
and I bellowed ( so loud they heard it all over the parking lot) "SO DO I F***ER".  ( wow, I can still bluff!)

Perp did a 180, back towards the store ... and previous pursuers.
I bellowed STOP HIM while chasing....
and about 5-8 more men started converging from all over the parking lot.

At this point it began looking like an action-comedy.
Two 20-somethings ( one had a man-bun) jumped in one of those Kia mini-clown vans and took up the chase.
Three Really BIG guys  took up the chase, one driving his pickup.

I saw The Kia caught up with the perp and more guys were arriving.
I was winded and some distance off but they had the Perp hemmed in.
Words were exchanged.
Perp threw the purse the ground and trotted off before the BIG GUYS could get there.

Since none of us were LEO, having no powers of arrest, etc, and not trained in taking down a street guy probably armed with knives,
we decided "good enough" and purse was returned to Nice Lady.

Nobody hurt, but everybody was, well, rather "excited" ....
oddly in this day of youtube, no one thought to get photos or video of the perp.

take-aways:   Good Guys 1 Bad Guys 0

1) Nice Lady was unharmed, had all her stuff.
2) Nice Lady was advised to report incident, and to carry purse with strap "cross chest" instead of over shoulder.

III) I love this town and the people in it. we take care of each other.

d) Prof Marvel still has a REALLY big mouth.
e) Prof Marvel can still do the 100 yard dash.
f) Prof Marvel better make use of the "free gym" thingy in the health care plan - need more cardio vascular and leg and upper body, etc...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

yhs
Prof ( guess I still got it) Marvel
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:02:05 am by Prof Marvel » Logged
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #754 on: May 22, 2018, 12:20:00 am »

Well done, Prof Marvell - how heroic of you!
The good samaritan still exists!

Will draw a veil over "Licence to Carry" - such things are not allowed here unless you are a cop, security (transporting money) or a spook (and who knows what they carry!)
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #755 on: May 22, 2018, 01:03:18 am »

Well done, Prof Marvell - how heroic of you!
The good samaritan still exists!

Will draw a veil over "Licence to Carry" - such things are not allowed here unless you are a cop, security (transporting money) or a spook (and who knows what they carry!)

I knew some spooks. real ones. unlike Bond, usually they carry everything in their head!

yhs
prof marvel
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #756 on: May 22, 2018, 01:46:48 am »

My next door neighbour's father was a spook - what a confusing life and legacy - not even a real name to call his own (that anyone knows of, that is)!
No drama, Prof Marvel, but an exciting tale, nonetheless! An old family friend (now deceased) who was considerably disabled by polio kept an (illegal) loaded revolver under the front seat of his car, which was fine, until his car, and revolver were stolen! Who knows where the weapon ended up!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:48:40 am by Banfili » Logged
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #757 on: May 22, 2018, 12:05:20 pm »

On a further note, after 3 weeks in horspistol, Mrs Marvel is now home and relieved of a lung abcess (who knows how long she had it)
that caused pamonia and pluralsy and lordy knows what all else.
All better now :-), healing up Marvel-ously.

yhs
prof marvel
My thoughts are with you my dear Prof....... and of course hoping for a speedy recovery for Mrs Marvel.

Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #758 on: May 27, 2018, 01:47:38 am »

Thank You Seven, and everyone -

Mrs Marvel is recovering SO QUICKLY - it is like the deifference between night and day for her!
It makes us all, including the MD's , wonder how long this thing has been in their making her feel "under the weather" .

yhs
prof marvel
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #759 on: May 27, 2018, 03:40:00 am »

Thank You Seven, and everyone -

Mrs Marvel is recovering SO QUICKLY - it is like the deifference between night and day for her!
It makes us all, including the MD's , wonder how long this thing has been in their making her feel "under the weather" .

yhs
prof marvel

Good wishes for your wife and may she recover soon.

Good chase, Professor. Though if I may be blunt, advertising you have an "it" on you while having "it" locked in the car is a horribly dangerous bluf.

I've known two spooks. One was a Jewish Mexican citizen who was a college friend of my grand father (Graduate 1942 civil engineering, National University) and who joined Mossad. He'd pop back into Mexico every now and then for class reunions in the 1980s.

The second was a "retired" Russian spook I met in Puerto Vallarta about the same time. He was an acquaintance of friends of the family; a Scottish-Mexican man indirectly related to my grandmother's family and his Swiss-American wife who lived in Puerto Vallarta.

You see, these friends of the family hosted parties for foreigners visiting Puerto Vallarta. The husband owned bars including one at the airport. The wife had a number of shops catering to tourists. They lived in a rather interesting house in the old town of Puerto Vallarta, from the late 60s to the mid 1980s, and had a number of Hollywood celebrity friends visit often for parties in the house as they lived a very bohemian life, and liked to rub elbows with the vacationing Jet Set. So they got to make friends out of a number of interesting people (Hint: Night of the Iguana and Cleopatra). Yeah, baby! (cue 1960s music) Grin

We used to spend a couple of days in their house every now and then or just visit if we stayed in a hotel. But sleeping in their house was hard, as they had no glass panes in the windows, just wooden louvers and the mosquitoes were fierce down there. The whole house was open to the elements with folding louvered doors to close off the living room from the patio.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:02:49 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #760 on: June 03, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »

Knocked down and emptied my Dads shed, there was alot of old paint and chemicals, so trying to do my bit for the environment, sought the correct way of disposal.

As I own a small van, I would require a permit to take it to local tip.

Went online and wet paint is considered hazardous waste, so should be disposed of carefully.

A quote from HWRC website.....

"Paint can be taken to your local HWRC for disposal or recycling. Paint should be deposited in a suitable, sealed container. A maximum of five litres per person per month can be deposited. Where available at HWRCs, paint will be made available to community repaint schemes for reuse rather than disposal."

So by my calculation it would take me over a year and applying for many permits to get rid of this.

So I rang the tip and spoke to the head honcho, yep bring 30 cans of paint, use your Mums blue card (no permit required)

Where was I told to put it all? ........ General Household Waste Skip.

I asked where it would go......... Landfill.

WTF!!  What a complete load of Bullshit this recycling is, save the planet my arse! Probably end up in India or some other country..............

Disillusioned to say the least.......

Whilst I'm on a rant, people just do not understand the Blue Card thing, Get this in your tiny minds Britain.... It's not the vehicle or the driver, if a passenger is disabled, you can park in a disabled spot, on yellow lines etc. The thing that gets me is I once saw a car parked in a disabled space, a young woman, on her own got out of the car and written on her T shirt was "fitness Instructor". And people have a go at me!! I hasten to add I only use the privilege when transporting my dear old Mum.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:19:55 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #761 on: June 04, 2018, 10:02:40 am »

Knocked down and emptied my Dads shed, there was alot of old paint and chemicals, so trying to do my bit for the environment, sought the correct way of disposal.

As I own a small van, I would require a permit to take it to local tip.

Went online and wet paint is considered hazardous waste, so should be disposed of carefully.

A quote from HWRC website.....

"Paint can be taken to your local HWRC for disposal or recycling. Paint should be deposited in a suitable, sealed container. A maximum of five litres per person per month can be deposited. Where available at HWRCs, paint will be made available to community repaint schemes for reuse rather than disposal."

So by my calculation it would take me over a year and applying for many permits to get rid of this.

So I rang the tip and spoke to the head honcho, yep bring 30 cans of paint, use your Mums blue card (no permit required)

Where was I told to put it all? ........ General Household Waste Skip.

I asked where it would go......... Landfill.

WTF!!  What a complete load of Bullshit this recycling is, save the planet my arse! Probably end up in India or some other country..............

Disillusioned to say the least.......

Whilst I'm on a rant, people just do not understand the Blue Card thing, Get this in your tiny minds Britain.... It's not the vehicle or the driver, if a passenger is disabled, you can park in a disabled spot, on yellow lines etc. The thing that gets me is I once saw a car parked in a disabled space, a young woman, on her own got out of the car and written on her T shirt was "fitness Instructor". And people have a go at me!! I hasten to add I only use the privilege when transporting my dear old Mum.

So I figure the 5 litre limit per month is just so they limit their transportation bill to the landfill (or barge headed to designated developing nation)  Roll Eyes
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #762 on: June 14, 2018, 10:35:30 pm »

BBC: There may be more captive tigers in the US than wild ones in the rest of the world... no-one really knows how many are being kept as pets. It is easier to own a tiger than a dog that has been labelled dangerous in the state of Texas, which could have between 2,000 and 5,000 tigers.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44444016

There may be more captive tigers in the US than wild ones in the rest of the world. But in states like Texas that bristle at government interference, no-one really knows how many are being kept as pets.

Taj is one of as many as 7,000 tigers living in the US either in zoos or privately owned, according to some estimates. That's nearly double the estimated 3,890 tigers still prowling in the wild around the world.

"A man came up to me and called me a communist," said Ben Callison, a former animal sanctuary director and animal welfare activist, describing the reaction after he addressed a US Department of Agriculture conference on the problems with exotic pets. "People say you are trying to take away their rights to own what they want, and do what they want."

"People want something unique, they look for the exotic - there's a whole host of large carnivorous pets across the country: black bears are common, people have African lions, mountain lions, and then there are the reptiles, alligators, crocodiles, constrictor snakes," says Nicole Paquette, vice-president of wildlife protection at the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).
It is easier to own a tiger than a dog that has been labelled dangerous in the state of Texas, which could have between 2,000 and 5,000 tigers.

So if and when we nave nuclear war, not only will we have to be fighting for scraps of food a la Mad Max, we will also have to fight off the pet tigers that emerge from the ruins....
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #763 on: June 30, 2018, 09:11:51 am »

So I have an empty property with a water meter, nobody has been in in six months so no water is being used. Last meter reading in December last year, meter read 00006. New bill was significantly high for an empty property and the meter read 00058. Checked the meter myself, and sure enough it was correct. That is a LOT of water considering NOBODY has been in there in six months!

That can only mean one thing : A LEAK!

Turned off the water at the stopcock in the house and listened to the pipe, sure enough I could hear a quiet 'hiss' sound. That means the leak is in the main service pipe between the meter in the street, and the house. BUGGER!  Angry
There is quite a big concrete driveway involved so finding the leak is going to be an issue, so called the water company to report it and get them to send a guy out and run a test on the meter and try to locate the area where the leak is (they inject a tracer gas and use a detector to find the highest concentration, and thus the leak).

Guy arrived yesterday morning. Seemed a little odd. Then he started asking unrelated and slightly inappropriate questions. Then he started breaking the "personal space" rule and was uncomfortably close when talking to me, despite me moving back several times. He instantly declared there was no leak as the meter wasn't moving - I told him several times that I had turned off the water at the meter ('cos I'm paying for that leaking water!), but he didn't seem to listen. He then grumbled that I had told him I had turned off the house, not the meter stopcock - which I didn't...  Roll Eyes
When he attempted to remove the meter he found that the removal tools would not fit as the meter was installed too close to the side of the recess in the pavement. I noted he wasn't trying too hard, and also the only tool that DID fit, he was keeping at an angle that ensured it would not lock around the meter. I'm sure *I* could have removed the meter easily with the same tool.

This was all a complete waste of time as he was "unable" to remove the meter to test it. So he spend the next HOUR documenting, marking and photographing the recess access hatch in order to have a new one fitted to allow the meter to be removed. And this will take two weeks...

He continued to break my personal space and stand way too close while talking to me, and got even creepier with his questions.

I swear to God, this guy had a box of human heads somewhere!  I had visions of him in the back of the water company van, humming circus tunes to himself while applying clown makeup John Wayne Gacy style. Undecided

WTF!?    Huh   

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #764 on: July 02, 2018, 12:59:42 am »

First World Problems much?

BBC: Plastic Bag Rage https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44674112

Tempers flared in Australia over the weekend as retailers implemented a ban on single-use plastic bags.
One customer reportedly grabbed a shop assistant by the throat, while another called staff "money-grabbing scum".
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #765 on: July 02, 2018, 01:38:56 am »

First World Problems much?

BBC: Plastic Bag Rage https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44674112

Tempers flared in Australia over the weekend as retailers implemented a ban on single-use plastic bags.
One customer reportedly grabbed a shop assistant by the throat, while another called staff "money-grabbing scum".

Feed the offenders to the "Drop Bears".

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #766 on: July 02, 2018, 02:42:26 am »

Yup, feed 'em to the drop bears! There shouldn't be a problem transitioning, as supermarkets have had reusable bags on sale for years now, and anyone who uses a shop or supermarket knows that! And if you do spur-of-the-moment shopping, suck it up and fork out the 15 cents (or whatever your currency is) for a reusable bag.
There seems to be an unpalatable level of selfishness and privilege in some people around in the world at the moment.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #767 on: July 02, 2018, 05:34:14 am »

Reusable bags go for €1,50 'ere.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #768 on: July 02, 2018, 08:53:18 am »

Yup, feed 'em to the drop bears! There shouldn't be a problem transitioning, as supermarkets have had reusable bags on sale for years now, and anyone who uses a shop or supermarket knows that! And if you do spur-of-the-moment shopping, suck it up and fork out the 15 cents (or whatever your currency is) for a reusable bag.
There seems to be an unpalatable level of selfishness and privilege in some people around in the world at the moment.

$0.25 here for reusable vinyl(?) bags. We suffered a bit when the City of Austin transitioned about 4-5 years ago, but we all got used to it pretty quickly, I'd say less than 2 months before people adjusted, and I don't think anyone has much of an issue any longer.  Single use bags are still available to carry raw meat inside your reusable bag, if you have to. Only outsiders get upset when they visit Austin "What do you mean you don't have bags? Oh! The horror!"  Roll Eyes
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #769 on: July 02, 2018, 10:18:33 am »

Do you have plastic bags at home where you put other plastic bags for reuse?

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #770 on: July 02, 2018, 10:39:07 am »

I'm not sure what you mean... We keep our reusable bags folded under the kitchen counter. All the bags are the reusable type. Because we reuse the bags, we don't need so many. Therefore, the bags take very little space
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:41:50 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #771 on: July 03, 2018, 01:07:22 am »

Are they the woven, long lasting type, or or the thinner, 'plastic bag with handle' type? The more robust, woven types are ideal for moving house with! Supermarket chains are also selling reusable woven hessian bags. The more substantial bags sell for between $1.50 & $2.50, depending on type.
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #772 on: July 03, 2018, 02:48:54 am »

Speaking of plastic bags . . . .

Here in British Columbia, Canada, our recyclables (except glass) are collected at curbside every two weeks, but they don't accept plastic bags. However they insist that all recyclables be packed in large, specially manufactured plastic bags . . . .

Athanor.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #773 on: July 03, 2018, 06:29:33 am »

Speaking of plastic bags . . . .

Here in British Columbia, Canada, our recyclables (except glass) are collected at curbside every two weeks, but they don't accept plastic bags. However they insist that all recyclables be packed in large, specially manufactured plastic bags . . . .

Athanor.

That makes absolutely zero sense. We get our recyclables collected same as you, but there is no restriction on recycling plastic bags. Why would they have such a rule? Obviously you can put many kinds of plastic in the form of bottles in the recyclables bin.

I have an idea :slash the plastic bags open. When they complain it is a plastic bag, you say "Not true, it's plastic sheet. Not a bag..."  Roll Eyes
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #774 on: July 03, 2018, 09:41:59 am »

I'm not sure what you mean... We keep our reusable bags folded under the kitchen counter. All the bags are the reusable type. Because we reuse the bags, we don't need so many. Therefore, the bags take very little space

It looks something like this.

You go shopping. There you receive (buy) a package. You keep it in another bag at home. You can go back to this package in the store or pack something in it or use it as a package for a trash can. However, packages tend to accumulate faster than they are used.

This is considered a national Russian / Soviet habit.

How are you?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: